Sam Darnold

5 hours ago, C Mart said:

Kotite’s teams were not competitive. 

until last night the Jets D has played well. 

last night was a Belichick clinic. How Darnold, this team and coaching staff looks Sunday will be telling. 

Lost to Eagles by 1 point.

Lost to Dolphins by 3 points

lost to Jags by 4 points

Lost to Bills by 3 points

Lost to Pats by 4 points

Lost to Colts by 5 points.

Thats six games by less than a Touchdown ie competitive.!

ECFE836C-E605-4ED6-9A18-B97219F80371.jpeg

2FD88094-472D-499C-941A-080C111DBA86.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1

Sam's a 22yr old 2nd year qb learning his 2nd offense in as many years. He was drafted to an organization that has blatantly ignored positions of importance (LT,C,CB,Edge). An organization that's hellbent on pouring valuable picks and cap room into having a good defense that's never actually good. An organization that's in what seems like it's 4th rebuild of the decade and we still have no talent in any of those positions. Sam is a talented kid we've all seen the upside but he is not good enough to overshadow the years and years of god awful roster management our previous GM left behind. This organization is failing Sam and it's not even debatable I can't fathom how we spent as much as we did to go up and get him, only to put him behind this sad embarrassing excuse for an NFL Oline. Sam isn't innocent as he played like crap but this organization needs to be better. Protect your asset stop drafting Dlineman who end up being on other teams in 4-5 years. If our first 3 picks in the draft are anything other than OL OL and WR (in any order) then idk what to say. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Sam's performance was obviously terrible, but it was by no means entirely his fault. What scares me is the habits I see building. Not throwing the ball away and floating passes off his back foot. It reminds me of when Geno would hold the ball for too long, refuse to throw the ball away, and only drop straight back from defenders. Those habits are near impossible to break, and seeing them exposed scares me to death. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DjHoldyHold said:

Sam's performance was obviously terrible, but it was by no means entirely his fault. What scares me is the habits I see building. Not throwing the ball away and floating passes off his back foot. It reminds me of when Geno would hold the ball for too long, refuse to throw the ball away, and only drop straight back from defenders. Those habits are near impossible to break, and seeing them exposed scares me to death. 

I’m sorry but he hasn’t done this since coming back from injury last year. Not sure how we can call one game a habit 

16 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Completely embarassed himself tonight on national television.  One of the worst qb performances by. Jet qb in franchise history.  Darnold apologists commence!!!!!!

my concern is that he played LIKE A ............ SOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

2 minutes ago, DjHoldyHold said:

Yes once they go David Carr there isn’t any going back. If Darnold busts we are effectively a expansion franchise.

• Upvote 1

Its really sad that we have a deer in the headlights qb.  Boy needs to toughen up and be ready to step up in the pocket, take hits and deliver the ball.  My goodness he is terrified to get touched out there.  This is football Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A cover zero with corners on an island is a qbs dream.  Any halfway decent qb should be able to shred that.  Why do u think its never run?  Cause it only works against qbs who play like scared little boys.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, nico002 said:

I’m sorry but he hasn’t done this since coming back from injury last year. Not sure how we can call one game a habit 

It hasn't developed into a full blown habit yet. It was only the 16th game of his career after all. But regardless of age or experience, if that is what Darnold defaults to, it's not a good sign. Maybe he'll grow out of it, maybe he won't (Looking at you Jameis Winston) It's nothing overly concerning. Yet. But it's a bad sign if your QB's 'Old Reliable' is panic throwing floaters. Just something to keep note of for now. 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, funaz said:

He played well today. I only saw two really bad throws.

Also this is against a West coast team traveling cross country in the rain for an early game. They always play crappy in those situations.

Darnold still sucks ass though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

You’re the worst poster here 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

I was way down on Sam after Jax, since that 2 game stretch vs. the Cheats and the Jags, Sam has been pretty dang good.

65%, 8 passing TD's, 2 rushing, 2 INT's and roughly 1100 yards.  3-1.  3 game win streak, 34 points 3 games in a row.  It's what we needed to see and he's got the Bengals and redemption on Miami coming up...this could be a huge stretch of confidence building for the kid.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, funaz said:

Also this is against a West coast team traveling cross country in the rain for an early game. They always play crappy in those situations.

Dawg, PM me so I can give you some pointers on how to troll. 

You're sloppy right now. 

Let's work on this together. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, funaz said:

Where was that brilliant insight before the game? 

You know how much money I have won gambling placing my bets after the games are over? 

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Dawg, PM me so I can give you some pointers on how to troll. 

You're sloppy right now. 

Let's work on this together. 

Its not trolling its just facts. Just because a bad QB beats three bad teams doesn't mean the QB stopped being bad.