Will Gase be fired after we get blown out in JAX?

Philc1

Just now, The Walrus said:

Even under Bowles I never bought into 0-16, 1-15 etc. But The way the Offense is operating now, we could be on 1 win all the way home.

1-15 gets him canned IMO. 

It gets nasty before that, after the “I see ghosts game” the hot seats now on full blast. I personally want blood and I’m not the only one.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gibby said:

It would only be two if they promoted Williams. They’re paying him anyway.
Not necessarily suggesting that’s the answer but if this was the only reason for not firing him should the wheels fall all the way off. It could be done

Wait wut lol

16 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Even a sh*tty DC just needs to look at the film from Monday night and run the exact same plays all day as NE. Every team is going to do that until it stops being effective. The Bills did essentially the same thing with free rushers all day which means the offense is running no better halfway into the season than it was on day one.

And ofcourse Gase the guru of offense cannot figure out how to make adjustments to protect his qb

Darnold’s picks almost all of them were from a blitzer about to get to him untouched

1st & 10: Thoughts on the Jets Embarrassing Loss to New England

1st…

I did it. I made a mistake. I made THE mistake. I allowed myself to believe. I allowed myself to become prisoner of the moment. In a world where, especially in the NFL, teams, players and coaches alike are either crowned or dragged through the mud on a week to week basis, I let myself become part of it. And against my better judgment. I admit, when Darnold returned for a lights out game against the Cowboys, it was a breath of fresh air. The guy seemed to erase every possible question mark the Jets had. Instead of remaining objective, taking a step back and looking at the big picture which I have always prided myself on, I thought everything was primed for change. Needless to say I was wrong…

Now, I am not going to flip-flip either and say that the sky is falling. It was one bad game. One REALLY bad game. And that bad game didn’t avoid anyone. It falls on everyone: coaches, offense, defense and special teams. All of them are to blame. Sam Darnold was especially bad. But that doesn’t mean his career is over. It doesn’t mean he’s the next Mark Sanchez. It just means that he had a very bad game against a top-notch team (and defense) coached by the greatest defensive mind in the history of the game. So let’s just collectively pump the brakes on saying that Sam Darnold is a lost cause.

What we can say is that this season, albeit loaded with excitement (and rightfully so), was hinged upon extreme rolls of the dice that all needed to land in the Jets favor for it to be a success. Quite the opposite has happened. The Jets needed Adam Gase to be the offensive mastermind and quarterback whisperer Peyton Manning touted him to be. Through six games, that’s not looking good. They needed the offensive line to outperform their collective (and individual) skill set to become a serviceable unit. At this point, if a defense sent me as a fifth rusher I’m confident I could sack Sam Darnold. The defense needed Trumaine Johnson and Daryl Roberts to simply not be awful. Right now, Daryl Roberts couldn’t find the ball if it was shoved up his you-know-what and I’m pretty sure that Stephen Hill would toast Trumaine Johnson for 8-165 and 2 TD’s… all while Trumaine gives him a 15-yard cushion.

Bottom line is that this roster has top talent in a few areas, but little to no depth in too many areas and it simply isn’t good enough to overcome bad coaching and bad play in key areas. That, is a product of bad drafting and bad management in the last 10 years (and specifically in the last 4). This season is not lost. They could make noise. This was the roughest part of the schedule for the Jets, and even had they competed better (ok, MUCH better) than what they did it was still realistic for this team to come out of this at 1-5 or 2-4. However, as we all take a look to the “soft” part of the schedule, we’d be crazy to think that those teams don’t have the Jets circled on their calendars as well.

& 10…

1. Is it more likely that Adam Gase is an offensive genius/qb whisperer that just needs a stud like Sam Darnold to be successful and the biggest reasons for his 24-30 record as a head coach are Ryan Tannehill and Luke Falk? Or, is it more likely that he is just a good offensive mind who had the benefit of a Hall of Fame Quarterback in Peyton Manning and he really isn’t suited to be an NFL Head Coach?

2. Sam Darnold’s “seeing ghosts” comment is way overblown. The day after the game, we’ve seen people like Kurt Warner and Brett Favre come out and say this is common, because the pressure or threat of pressure was getting to Darnold. It’s not crazy for a 22-year-old QB playing his 16th game to say it.

3. The offensive line is horrendously bad and I’m not confident that they can do anything to fix it by season’s end. Four years of neglect will get you to this point right here.

4. Trumaine Johnson gave Phillip Dorsett a 12-yard cushion, and still got beat by 2 yards for a 26-yard touchdown. I will always yield to the fact that I don’t see what the coaches do, but there is no way to convince me that this guy is the Jets best option at cornerback. He doesn’t deserve playing time.

5. Le’Veon Bell continues to impress, on and off the field.

6. Leonard Williams finally made his impact felt in the second half of a 24-0 game. Great for Leonard. The Jets should trade him before the deadline.

7. The offensive output of the last 9  games Adam Gase has coached are extremely concerning: 10, 7, 10, 8, 3, 0, 6, 24, and 0 points in those games.

8. Sam Darnold did a lot of bad things in this game. His footwork was bad. His decision making was bad. His throws were bad. But, he faced pressure and threw up some balls in hopes his receivers could make plays, and none of them did anything to help him out. The Jets need a serious threat in the passing game that can show up in big spots.

9. The Jets will regret not hiring Matt Rhule.

10. Since 2010, whether it was Rex, Bowles, or Gase, the Jets have consistently come out flat, unprepared, and been humiliated in big spots. As an organization, this has to change. I’m tired of hearing about good weeks of practice. I’m tired of hearing about culture change. Start winning games. Big ones.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

18 hours ago, Philc1 said:

You think Woody actually does stuffin that made up job Trump gave him?  That’s cute.

I think only a troll like you thinks he gave control of the team to his brother, supposedly a 1/3rd partner and is still running the team from England. 

it’s beyond insane time push that nonsense, it’s like those who think they’re a part of Johnson & Johnson today.  

So here is the problem, 

GASE is not a very good coach! We have evidence of this as a head coach. He is even worse as a play caller. Mishandles QB's, and the team looks confused, unprepared every game. How he got another head coaching job in itself is a miracle, but based on our incompetent GM - Mike Maccagnan, not a surprise. His last 5 years one could wonder how he ever got a GM Job, especially considering his horrible track record at Washington, the real question whats wrong with the jets  ownership! Maybe the Knicks own the Jets!!!

So here we are, we traded 4 picks to get Sam Darnold and based on the last 2 years he is bordering on being a bust.  Tired of hearing that its the personnel around him. He makes bad decisions, he has bad mechanics, happy feet and came from USC!

Imagine what could have been >

Teddy Bridgewater - Starter

We keep all of picks trade down  to get an additional pick and pickup lamar Jackson as the future if needed which was my favorite QB in the draft.

We use all the other picks and draft Multiple WR that are over 6'2' feet tall with 4.3 speed for both sides. A legitimate Grade A number 1 receiver,number 2 receiver. 

We get a few LB\DE to beef up the line so we only need to rush 4 to get to the QB and actually teach Our CB's and Safety's how to play man to man defense.

Pickup a few good Offensive Lineman in the 3rd and 4th rounds. 

We would be contenders overnight. 

What if we Hired Mike McCarthy instead of Crazy Eye Gase, who actually wanted the job and maybe could have saved Sam Darnold from being Mark Sanchez II or a 1st round bust!

So If Joe Douglas wants to show us that he has what it takes, then make the right decisions and make the tough call! 

The plan !!!!

Fire Gase, Promote Gregg Williams and show the FANS your in this with us. If he wants to help us this year and prove this is not s throw away year Get some offensive help> Get these guys 

AJ Green, Bengals (30, 6-4, 201 pounds)
Tyler Boyd, Bengals (24, 6-2, 203 pounds)

Josh Gordon

Trade 

Robbie Anderson WR

Learnard Williams DL 

Jamal Adam or Marcus Maye

Trumaine Johnson

If he cant do the JOB I would like to apply for the job. 

Give me 3 years and we Will be contenders and make it to the next level and maybe win a superbowl. We will win the AFC East. Bye Bye PATS!

Signed,

JETS FAN for LIFE - 46 years of Hoping, dying a slow painful death!

J - Just

E -End

T - This

S - season

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2019 at 6:54 PM, Jet Nut said:

I think only a troll like you thinks he gave control of the team to his brother, supposedly a 1/3rd partner and is still running the team from England. 

it’s beyond insane time push that nonsense, it’s like those who think they’re a part of Johnson & Johnson today.  

Woody calls all the shots he has a nothing job in the trump administration and there is a thing called the phone and internet 

21 hours ago, jrez said:

So here is the problem, 

GASE is not a very good coach! We have evidence of this as a head coach. He is even worse as a play caller. Mishandles QB's, and the team looks confused, unprepared every game. How he got another head coaching job in itself is a miracle, but based on our incompetent GM - Mike Maccagnan, not a surprise. His last 5 years one could wonder how he ever got a GM Job, especially considering his horrible track record at Washington, the real question whats wrong with the jets  ownership! Maybe the Knicks own the Jets!!!

So here we are, we traded 4 picks to get Sam Darnold and based on the last 2 years he is bordering on being a bust.  Tired of hearing that its the personnel around him. He makes bad decisions, he has bad mechanics, happy feet and came from USC!

Imagine what could have been >

Teddy Bridgewater - Starter

We keep all of picks trade down  to get an additional pick and pickup lamar Jackson as the future if needed which was my favorite QB in the draft.

We use all the other picks and draft Multiple WR that are over 6'2' feet tall with 4.3 speed for both sides. A legitimate Grade A number 1 receiver,number 2 receiver. 

We get a few LB\DE to beef up the line so we only need to rush 4 to get to the QB and actually teach Our CB's and Safety's how to play man to man defense.

Pickup a few good Offensive Lineman in the 3rd and 4th rounds. 

We would be contenders overnight. 

What if we Hired Mike McCarthy instead of Crazy Eye Gase, who actually wanted the job and maybe could have saved Sam Darnold from being Mark Sanchez II or a 1st round bust!

So If Joe Douglas wants to show us that he has what it takes, then make the right decisions and make the tough call! 

The plan !!!!

Fire Gase, Promote Gregg Williams and show the FANS your in this with us. If he wants to help us this year and prove this is not s throw away year Get some offensive help> Get these guys 

AJ Green, Bengals (30, 6-4, 201 pounds)
Tyler Boyd, Bengals (24, 6-2, 203 pounds)

Josh Gordon

Trade 

Robbie Anderson WR

Learnard Williams DL 

Jamal Adam or Marcus Maye

Trumaine Johnson

If he cant do the JOB I would like to apply for the job. 

Give me 3 years and we Will be contenders and make it to the next level and maybe win a superbowl. We will win the AFC East. Bye Bye PATS!

Signed,

JETS FAN for LIFE - 46 years of Hoping, dying a slow painful death!

J - Just

E -End

T - This

S - season

Gase is the new Kotite

Kotite made the playoffs before our previous clueless owner hired him 5 minutes after getting fired

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Woody calls all the shots he has a nothing job in the trump administration and there is a thing called the phone and internet 

And the more you type to more clueless you sound.

What we need another person who thinks you run a multibillion dollar business, from a completely different time zone by phone and/or internet.  Because he has  nothing to do with his nothing job in the UK, lol.  And because to you, thats how businesses are somehow run.  

While not allowing the person you trusted to run the team to you know, run the team.

I know it kills youre shtick but its old, tired and wrong

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And the more you type to more clueless you sound.

What we need another person who thinks you run a multibillion dollar business, from a completely different time zone by phone.  Not allowing the person you trusted to run the team to you know, run the team.

I know it kills youre shtick but its old, tired and wrong

You think Woody has nothing to do with the Jets now?  Because of time zones?  How does the CEO of Coca Cola manage a company that’s all over the world and infinitely more complex than a football franchise?

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You think Woody has nothing to do with the Jets now?  Because of time zones?  How does the CEO of Coca Cola manage a company that’s all over the world and infinitely more complex than a football franchise?

The CEO of Coke puts others in charge to run operations in other time zones.  

Remind you of anything?

This is so nonsensical 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Gase now has more losses of double digits than wins. So.... cool. 

Look I’ll admit it I initially supported the Gase hire.  I wanted McCarthy but Gase seemed like a reasonable second choice

The guy just is not an NFL head coach.  I’m not sure how he had some success in Miami but I just don’t see a competent coach there

• Upvote 1