If JD really wants to tear this apart, Is Darnold playing for his job these next 9 games?

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You think the answer is to trade a QB if you think he's a FQB because the rest of the roster is bad?  Really?  

The last 9 games on this mess isn't changing what anyone should think about a 22 year old QB.  That's fan nonsense 

Maybe I didn't explain it properly.

At the time I posted, I had just gotten home from golf, and I saw all these threads about trading either Adams or Anderson. Coming off the Williams trade, and not having heard Douglas' PC, I thought the Jets were planning a fire sale.

My comments about Sam weren't meant to be a knock on him at all. What I was trying to get across was if Sam played well these last 9 games, it might influence them one way or another whether to have that sale, or include him also. I was also inferring it would be more fair to him to include him at that point, if they were stripping things down rather then leave him here with a bare boned rebuilding team around him.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Maybe I didn't explain it properly.

At the time I posted, I had just gotten home from golf, and I saw all these threads about trading either Adams or Anderson. Coming off the Williams trade, and not having heard Douglas' PC, I thought the Jets were planning a fire sale.

My comments about Sam weren't meant to be a knock on him at all. What I was trying to get across was if Sam played well these last 9 games, it might influence them one way or another whether to have that sale, or include him also. I was also inferring it would be more fair to him to include him at that point, if they were stripping things down rather then leave him here with a bare boned rebuilding team around him.

And I’ll repeat.  They’re not moving on from Darnold

Thats all 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats all 

Kirwan said on SiriusXM today that a team will move on from a Head Coach before a franchise QB even through3 head coaches. IWas in relation to Trubisky but it aplies to Darnold too

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Thats all 

At this point, I agree.

Stay tuned though. He has to start playing better then he has if we're both going to be feeling that way come next season.

I started tp wonder about him after the third game last year, and everyone here thought I was an evil troll for saying it. Since then a lot more have come around to my way of thinking, which was not saying he's a bust, but not buying into the hype. I haven't bought into that with a Jets QB since Nagle. 

(alright, I might have bit on Pennington until the shoulder...) :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Kirwan said on SiriusXM today that a team will move on from a Head Coach before a franchise QB even through3 head coaches. IWas in relation to Trubisky but it aplies to Darnold too

Darnold has talent.  Jets aren’t blaming this season on Sam.  If anything they’ll blame Gase and staff

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Kirwan is a smart guy, but isn't there a thing where the GM or HC gets to pick their own QB before they get fired if they come to a job where the guy was drafted before they arrive?

Also, I'm not sure Trubisky or Darnold (and most of these young guys) qualify as a FQB yet. They haven't done anything yet.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Darnold has talent.  Jets aren’t blaming this season on Sam.  If anything they’ll blame Gase and staff

They're not going to blame Gase. They might make someone like Loggins a fall guy, or bring in a QB coach, but there's no way Gase is losing his job after one year, even if Darnold continues to struggle like this.

15 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Blow it up with C4 and then use sulfuric acid for what's left.

They only have 35 or so players under contract next year 

There are basically 3 contracts to discard,  Enunwa Johnson and winters. 

how does that have anything to do with darnold?

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

They're not going to blame Gase. They might make someone like Loggins a fall guy, or bring in a QB coach, but there's no way Gase is losing his job after one year, even if Darnold continues to struggle like this.

How do you know?  

One more time, Darnold isn't getting blamed, isn't getting replaced.  

I can't understand wtf you're arguing anymore.  I don't agree.  Move on 

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How do you know?  

One more time, Darnold isn't getting blamed, isn't getting replaced.  

I can't understand wtf you're arguing anymore.  I don't agree.  Move on 

I'm not arguing. I'm conversing, and yeah, you're as sure he's not going anywhere as you were about Polite not getting cut, right? WTF do you know?

You're the one who quoted me 5x in this thread and butt fumbled my OP. Don't quote me and tell me to "move on." Who do you think you are?

If you want me to just acquiesce and echo your opinions, you came to the wrong place. You don't get to decide when to start and end every discussion on your terms, and you're not the guy who gets to dismiss anyone here.  

Grow up. You do this a couple of times a day with different people here. At what point do you realize you're the common denominator in all these disputes you're involved in?

28 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm not arguing. I'm conversing, and yeah, you're as sure he's not going anywhere as you were about Polite not getting cut, right? WTF do you know?

You're the one who quoted me 5x in this thread and butt fumbled my OP. Don't quote me and tell me to "move on." Who do you think you are?

If you want me to just acquiesce and echo your opinions, you came to the wrong place. You don't get to decide when to start and end every discussion on your terms, and you're not the guy who gets to dismiss anyone here.  

Grow up. You do this a couple of times a day with different people here. At what point do you realize you're the common denominator in all these disputes you're involved in?

One more time, move on.  You're getting like JoeWilly.  

Im saying he's not going anywhere.  I'm not telling you or anyone my thoughts are 100%, don't act like a clown.  

I buttfumbled you OP because, quite frankly I thought it was wrong.  That's what it's for, don't like it too bad, I get my fair share, my ass doesn't hurt when I do.  Again, you and JW sound alike.  

I didn't as you anything, I said I don't agree, don't believe for a second that SD is going anywhere and that's it.  Move on.  Not trying to convince you of anything.

Heres a clue, when you read what I just said and have said multiple times and keep coming back for more, you're arguing.  

As for what I do, FO, now you're the twit.  I gave you my opinion, I said move on and you,can't.  But it's me.  Amazing.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Common denominator is you. 

No it's you and another poster who right now isn't making sense.

The difference is he's generally a good poster who most of the time I agree with

Youre a baby, through and through who I never expect to make sense.  You never disappoint.  

Here your clue, stop tagging me in your posts inviting me in like you do to everyone else, bringing it on yourself.  I'm not crying, you always do 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Im saying he's not going anywhere.  I'm not telling you or anyone my thoughts are 100%, don't act like a clown.  

I buttfumbled you OP because, quite frankly I thought it was wrong.  That's what it's for, don't like it too bad, I get my fair share, my ass doesn't hurt when I do.  Again, you and JW sound alike.  

I didn't as you anything, I said I don't agree, don't believe for a second that SD is going anywhere and that's it.  Move on.  Not trying to convince you of anything.

Heres a clue, when you read what I just said and have said multiple times and keep coming back for more, you're arguing.  

As for what I do, FO, now you're the twit.  I said move on and you,can't.  But it's me.  Amazing.

Yet you keep replying.

Like the GF who always has to get the last word.

Again, something you do it all the time. Refuse to let a conversation end until you feel like you've ended it on your terms. In this case by calling me a twit, telling me to FO, and to move on again.

Yeah. It's you. About 10x a week it's you doing it with different people. Yet it never gets old for you.

Amazing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Right now is the time to extend him for cheap. 

I have to be honest. After the last half hour of dancing around here, I don't even remember who we're talking about anymore, LOL.

But sure, let's extend the guy. Why not? :thumbup:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yet you keep replying.

Like the GF who always has to get the last word.

Again, something you do it all the time. Refuse to let a conversation end until you feel like you've ended it on your terms. In this case by calling me a twit, telling me to FO, and to move on again.

Yeah. It's you. About 10x a week it's you doing it with different people. Yet it never gets old for you.

Amazing.

You just can’t help yourself.  Now you’ve gone far. 

I actually said something nice about you to JW.  Shouldn’t have

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You just can’t help yourself.  Now you’ve gone far. 

I actually said something nice about you to JW.  Shouldn’t have

I saw it after I posted. 

Listen to what I'm saying. You're right, we usually agree more then we disagree, and I think we both consider each other "internet friends".

You have to realize though, grown men don't appreciate being told to "move on." I'm sure you don't verbally dismiss people like that in real life, do you? Certainly not to people who you get along with.

On the internet, do you really expect people to just not reply after you say that to them? This board is predominately male. Men aren't going to do that. If you're at the point in a conversation where you're tired or irritated of it, just don't reply. You'll save yourself a lot of aggravation.

Anyway, now I'm done. Think about what I just said. As far as everything else, as far as I'm concerned, we both blew off steam, now it's over and done. No hard feelings.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, 14 in Green said:

I saw it after I posted. 

Listen to what I'm saying. You're right, we usually agree more then we disagree, and I think we both consider each other "internet friends".

You have to realize though, grown men don't appreciate being told to "move on." I'm sure you don't verbally dismiss people like that in real life, do you? Certainly not to people who you get along with.

On the internet, do you really expect people to just not reply after you say that to them? This board is predominately male. Men aren't going to do that. If you're at the point in a conversation where you're tired or irritated of it, just don't reply. You'll save yourself a lot of aggravation.

Anyway, now I'm done. Think about what I just said. As far as everything else, as far as I'm concerned, we both blew off steam, now it's over and done. No hard feelings.

I wanted you to move on because just because we’re not seeing eye to I don’t want it to blow up.  We both said our pieces and I didn’t see the need to escalate it.  Differing opinions are fun.  

We need to have a drink, drinks.  Cheers

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it's you and another poster who right now isn't making sense.

The difference is he's generally a good poster who most of the time I agree with

Youre a baby, through and through who I never expect to make sense.  You never disappoint.  

Here your clue, stop tagging me in your posts inviting me in like you do to everyone else, bringing it on yourself.  I'm not crying, you always do 

You are a nasty mean spirited evil person (halloween)  who only wants to argue with others and call names. 

I laugh at what you post and only reply to see your reaction. 

Every time you disagree with someone it turns into an attack on your part. 

I wasn't even in you latest discussion with 14 and you had to mention my name. 

Go put together a puzzle or buy a train set. 

No hard feelings. 

In the end I would still pull you from a burning building. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You are a nasty mean spirited evil person (halloween)  who only wants to argue with others and call names. 

I laugh at what you post and only reply to see your reaction. 

Every time you disagree with someone it turns into an attack on your part. 

I wasn't even in you latest discussion with 14 and you had to mention my name. 

Go put together a puzzle or buy a train set. 

No hard feelings. 

I’m mean, mean spirited. 
Poke away and I’ll respond.  Poke me again, call me names and then cry when I respond on your level.  

You’ll then call me the mean spirited one.  I’ve tried being nice to your nonsense, didn’t work.  Stop tagging me in your childish memes/pics, calling me names and then crying over the response.  Guess who doesn’t care what you think anymore?  Dish it out and I’ll respond again

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m mean, mean spirited. 
Poke away and I’ll respond.  Poke me again, call me names and then cry when I respond on your level.  

You’ll then call me the mean spirited one.  I’ve tried being nice to your nonsense, didn’t work.  Guess who doesn’t care what you think anymore?  

I never ever cared what you think of me.

As for what I do, FO, now you're the twit.  I gave you my opinion, I said move on and you,can't.  But it's me.  Amazing.

^^^ Mr always has to get the last word wondering why people always think he’s the problem.

In the NFL, everyone is always playing for their job.  Although in Sam's case, short of a total meltdown (next 9 weeks look like the last two), I think he has this season and next to prove he belongs.

Now that I think about it, maybe he is playing for Gase’s job this year and his job next year.

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I havent packed it in on darnold yet.  But the clock is ticking.  He needs to string multiple good games together with this weak schedule coming up.

What gives me hope, is Darnold's age. He is only 22, incredibly immature as a QB and most Qb's are never really NFL ready until say 25 and up (Not all but most). I am not his biggest supporter but I think that I am also placing incredible expectations out of a kid. I think I need to get behind him more. The talent is there, hopefully the football smarts will follow. What do you think?

• Upvote 1

Just now, DonCorleone said:

What gives me hope, is Darnold's age. He is only 22, incredibly immature as a QB and most Qb's are never really NFL ready until say 25 and up (Not all but most). I am not his biggest supporter but I think that I am also placing incredible expectations out of a kid. I think I need to get behind him more. The talent is there, hopefully the football smarts will follow. What do you think?

You aren't a real fan until you totally give up on a 22 year old QB with 10 starts and a 22 year old DT with 4 starts

• Upvote 1