Dolphins win! Chance for #1 pick has dropped from 66% to 17% over past two weeks

jetstream23

3 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Washington has to go QB...HAS TO...Haskins was a huge reach and most likely a huge mistake.

That seems to put Miami, Cincy, and Washington in the QB sweepstakes....and bad teams like the Jets (Darnold), Giants (Jones) and Falcons (Ryan) in the Top 5-8 and likely not planning on taking a QB.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I think they're ahead in terms of rebuilding. They've already torn down, and are in the process of building up at positions like QB, RB, defensive backfield and line. They've been crippled at LB like us, but have two very promising young rooks in Conolly (IR) and Mayo. That doesn't mean those kids are ready to win now, too many are playing at once. Unlike us, they could use a steady vet or two.

As for Leo? There are worse things then having a 25 yo who plays the run well, stays healthy and YOU DIDN'T TAKE AS BPA, lol. You're assuming he's going to get a monster deal, we don't know that. Either way, the most Gettleman is gambling is a 5th. If he doesn't re sign Leo for any reason, he'll get back the 3rd in the compensatory round.

As far as Barkley, he's going to be just fine. He'll get a second contract as long as he's healthy, and cost the Giants what Bell cost us relative to the cap at that time.

But what have they actually rebuilt? Besides Jones, their big offseason moves were to improve the offensive line and defense. 
Their OL is meh and their defense is possibly the worst in all of football. They have a young QB with some talent, but a bad case of the fumbles. We’ll see.

And Barkley? Ok, let’s say he is a hall of famer. Honestly? So what? He plays the most replaceable positon on the field  -one that relies on 5 other guys being at least functional. (This is why I really didn’t go too GAGA over the Bell signing)  Barkley is basically Barry Sanders without anywhere near as many 80 yard runs. 

There is no evidence the Giants are any further along then we are. None. 

Both organIzations have a long way to go. The Giants have a wonderful history, but they are as bad as it gets right now.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

But what have they actually rebuilt? Besides Jones, their big offseason moves were to improve the offensive line and defense. 
Their OL is meh and their defense is possibly the worst in all of football. They have a young QB with some talent, but a bad case of the fumbles. We’ll see.

And Barkley? Ok, let’s say he is a hall of famer. Honestly? So what? He plays the most replaceable positon on the field  -one that relies on 5 other guys being at least functional. (This is why I really didn’t go too GAGA over the Bell signing)  Barkley is basically Barry Sanders without anywhere near as many 80 yard runs. 

There is no evidence the Giants are any further along then we are. None. 

Both organIzations have a long way to go. The Giants have a wonderful history, but they are as bad as it gets right now.

Good point about their OL. Solder is horrible, and Remmer(?) has been their Kalil. They definitely need to try again there. The veteran patch job didn't work.

Lets just agree with your last paragraph for now, and what I said earlier about seeing where each team stands coming into the 2021 season?

Honestly, I don't think comparing next year is fair to the Jets, because we'll likely not be much better then we are now. I think Douglas is going to strip our roster down, and try to rebuild in a similar way as Gettleman, loading up with young guys at skill positions.

Hey, rebuilds aren't easy. We know that. You need skill, and a lot of luck to pull one off. A really good QB helps too.  ? 

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Good point about their OL. Solder is horrible, and Remmer(?) has been their Kalil. They definitely need to try again there. The veteran patch job didn't work.

Lets just agree with your last paragraph for now, and what I said earlier about seeing where each team stands coming into the 2021 season?

Honestly, I don't think comparing next year is fair to the Jets, because we'll likely not be much better then we are now. I think Douglas is going to strip our roster down, and try to rebuild in a similar way as Gettleman, loading up with picks at premium positions.

Hey, rebuilds aren't easy. We know that. You need skill, and a lot of luck to pull one off. A really food QB helps too.  ? 

I think both QBs have very good physical talent and I’m honestly not too sure about much else.

Not blown away by Gettelman at all, though  

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I think both QBs have very good physical talent and I’m honestly not too sure about much else.

Not blown away by Gettelman at all, though  

Well, lets hope Douglas shows us how its done. 

I saw your post about the Giants boards going nuts. I'm going to check one out. They must be good...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Reich has done a great job so far but how do you literally bench Brissett for the dumpster fire that is Brian Hoyer?

Before yesterday, the Colts had the #1 ranked offensive line. A good coach should be able to beat the Fins at home (That would be a Jet fans take).

11 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Cam Newton will be a Dolphin

Not going to happen unless they fire this coaching staff.

You're not going to see the dolphins in any big name free agent signings next year...they are trying to build a strong young core players.

Not sure they want Tua either.  

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Steelers are legit. That defense is 3rd best in the NFL right now IMO. 

I posted this in another thread, but the Steelers D has been transformative since the addition of Fitzpatrick. Look at their scores from early in the year. He has allowed all the roles to change, and made better players out of that back 7

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I posted this in another thread, but the Steelers D has been transformative since the addition of Fitzpatrick. Look at their scores from early in the year. He has allowed all the roles to change, and made better players out of that back 7

I grabbed the Pitt D in fantasy about 2 weeks ago and it's going to move me from a .500 team to a playoff team.  Their remaining schedule is juicy too (Bengals, Miami.....Jets :unsure: )