Jets and Knicks ownerships are the worst

5 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

BB told Hess and the new ownership  he was stepping down.  He made the announcement. He had a press conference and made mention that he recommended BB. While this was taking place the Johnson's whom everyone and grandmother knew at the time , were to be the new owners, never acknowledged BP's endorsement -

BB showed his disgust in the the way it was all handled by the Johnson's by  submitting his resignation on a PAPER NAPKIN, LOL.... in front of the entire NY media !!!!

I say this with my own 2 dis-believing  eyes right on TV...... what is so hard to understand?

BB had a CONTRACT to take over once BP stepped down, that was the plan.  BP didn't have to recommend him m. BP knew he was stepping down and never let BB know and he went and got his own deal.

Woody wasn't even the owner when BB quit.  Stop making stuff up.

23 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

Your making too many assumptions - the media reported that BB was recommended by BP to be the next head coach of the NY Jets, This is a fact - Al Groh was the 2nd choice after the BB incident ( and I don't even recall Grohs name being mentioned at all by BB when he stepped down as coach) -  abruptly signing  his resignation on a paper napkin in front of all the media.  I'm just basing it all on the facts before us at that time.

These dramatizations about feuds and all is just after the fact.

You have no idea what you are talking about here.  I suggest you do some research.

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

First of all the Knicks actually won 54 games in 2013, so they didn't just sneak in. Secondly there are football teams that sometimes get in at 7-9 or 8-8. The Jets are just as bad if not worse. 

i guess you're a knicks fan.  i will tell you there are a few sports events that can make my first.  first is when the jets beat the doltfins or patsies.  second is when the celtics beat the lakers or knicks.  i'm not a hockey fan. 

2 hours ago, Bomberjet said:

Bill never was hired for the coaching job,  but  did in fact want had aspirations of being a head coach for the Jets - the fact that he waited for an answer from the new owners was proof of that. Parcells endorsed Bill to the Johnsons.

It WAS the Johnson's that didn't want him.

Ummm... You have to be joking because he literally was hired and then wrote on a napkin that he resigns... So both of those statements are false... Good try... 

It was after he spoke with Woody that he was in contact with Kraft... Hence the resignation after he was hired...  And why the jets got 1st round pick from the pats 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

BB had a CONTRACT to take over once BP stepped down, that was the plan.  BP didn't have to recommend him m. BP knew he was stepping down and never let BB know and he went and got his own deal.

And @Bomberjetboth need to watch the 2 bills documentary because you guys are both wrong.. 

Or read the making of the greatest coach of all time. 

Jets ownership is a complete and utter joke.

I said it before they need to bring in a guy like a Holmgren as like a Director of Football operations and let him (or whoever) handle everything football related wise. The Johnsons should have nothing to do with any of the football decisions.

The Knicks Rangers situation with Dolan is totally bizzare. Dolan basically stays out of the Rangers and lets his hockey people handle it and they have been really good for basically the past 13-15 years. Yes they are rebuilding but it looks like he is going to let them stick to the plan and bring in the youth and let them learn on the job and hopefully within the next year or two their window will be wide open again.

The Knicks on the other hand have basically been a joke for the pretty much the past 20 years. Other than the D'antoni years this franchise has not nothing but continually embarrass the fanbase. GM's come and go, Coaches come and Go. Star and even good players come here and go in the tank. 

Their latest rebuild will fail as well. They will fire the coach before Christmas and when the team doesn't improve the GM will be gone as well and they will start the process all over again. 

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Ummm... You have to be joking because he literally was hired and then wrote on a napkin that he resigns... So both of those statements are false... Good try... 

It was after he spoke with Woody that he was in contact with Kraft... Hence the resignation after he was hired...  And why the jets got 1st round pick from the pats 

Woody had nothing to do with it.  Woody wasn't even the owner yet, it was all about Parcells.

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Crazy. The Mills presser the other night rivaled the Idzik midseason doozy. For as bad and as hopeless as the Jets are, the Knicks have managed to be worse. 

Presser was hilarious because the Knicks are a complete joke. I like when they issued an apology to the fans 2 hours into the start of free agency. 

Knicks traded porzingis for cap space and then proceed to sign 5 PFs... Brilliant!

The sad part is that the Knicks are the most valuable nba franchise.  So nothing has to change for them. Dolan hasnt put a competitive team on the floor for 20+ years. But he makes more money than the Lakers, celtics or warriors who are put winning teams on the floor.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Presser was hilarious because the Knicks are a complete joke. I like when they issued an apology to the fans 2 hours into the start of free agency. 

Knicks traded porzingis for cap space and then proceed to sign 5 PFs... Brilliant!

The sad part is that the Knicks are the most valuable nba franchise.  So nothing has to change for them. Dolan hasnt put a competitive team on the floor for 20+ years. But he makes more money than the Lakers, celtics or warriors who are put winning teams on the floor.

Not the Knicks fault other team’s fans don’t give a sh-t

Go to a regular season Pacers game if you want to be in witness protection 

20 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Read the book or listen to the 2 bills documentary... You are wrong... But I understand your train of thought 

I'm not interested in BBs PR, if you think he talked to Woody who wasn't even owner yet and because of that talk decided to go to Kraft and make a deal I don't know what to tell you.

I have seen the 2 Bill's documentary, I do not recall BB saying that.  

On 11/12/2019 at 3:24 PM, Skeptable said:

Total bullsh*t.  That little cocksucking snake was trying to line up the Patriots deal from when the Ravens dumped his ass.  Of course he isn't going to ******* admit it.  

On 11/12/2019 at 3:24 PM, Skeptable said:

You don't resign on a paper napkin unless you have some beef or are dissatisfied with the way the negotiations were handled. It's all on the Johnsons.  You could see it on BB's face the day he sat there on the table in front of the media.

Bill could have easily been the Jets coach if Woody put the effort in.

On 11/12/2019 at 1:34 PM, nyjunc said:

Oooo boy,  You need to get one thing straight....

BP stepped down during the time Hess had announced that he was selling the team. What difference does it make if Hess was the owner at that time? The point is , is that BP stepped down and there was an open HC position.

BB resigned  because he didn't liken the way the Johnson's handled the change of ownership. It was his job. But the Johnson's blew it - Hess was not going to be the owner that coming season, what makes you think BB quit on Hess???

Prove me wrong , but that's just how it happened.

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I'm not interested in BBs PR, if you think he talked to Woody who wasn't even owner yet and because of that talk decided to go to Kraft and make a deal I don't know what to tell you.

I have seen the 2 Bill's documentary, I do not recall BB saying that.  

Just so you know it's not BB pr. But you think what you want you have already made up your mind... And Hess was dead when BB quit... 

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Total bullsh*t.  That little cocksucking snake was trying to line up the Patriots deal from when the Ravens dumped his ass.  Of course he isn't going to ******* admit it.  

Book was written from accounts of other people not just BB. BB would have stayed if the Jets would have given him full control. 

2 hours ago, Bomberjet said:

You don't resign on a paper napkin unless you have some beef or are dissatisfied with the way the negotiations were handled. It's all on the Johnsons.  You could see it on BB's face the day he sat there on the table in front of the media.

Bill could have easily been the Jets coach if Woody put the effort in.

Agreed... It is on Woody... Kraft have him full control... And the rest is history... At least the Jets got Pennington from the draft pickpuke GIF

I think the comparison between the Knicks and Jets is valid.  Both teams have historically sucked.  But if we dig deep enough into the annals of history, the Knicks are better.  They won 2 championships, 5 division titles and 4 conference titles.  Meanwhile the Jets have won 1 championship, 4 division titles, 0 conference titles.  Who is the better franchise?

To think the Jets are better than the Knicks is delusional.  Dolan and the Johnson's drink from the same cup of making money while putting a bad product on the field.  The Knicks are the most valuable NBA team.  So much for value = quality.  The Jets meanwhile are at number 8.  If only value = quality.  

12 hours ago, Bomberjet said:

Oooo boy,  You need to get one thing straight....

BP stepped down during the time Hess had announced that he was selling the team. What difference does it make if Hess was the owner at that time? The point is , is that BP stepped down and there was an open HC position.

BB resigned  because he didn't liken the way the Johnson's handled the change of ownership. It was his job. But the Johnson's blew it - Hess was not going to be the owner that coming season, what makes you think BB quit on Hess???

Prove me wrong , but that's just how it happened.

Hess was DEAD by that point.  You said he met with Woody, he didn't.  He's giving his excuse but the reason he left (and his deal was set long before Woody took over) was the man sitting next to him.

12 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Book was written from accounts of other people not just BB. BB would have stayed if the Jets would have given him full control. 

So Robert Kraft didn't admit that he was blatantly tampering?  I am shocked!

11 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Agreed... It is on Woody... Kraft have him full control... And the rest is history... At least the Jets got Pennington from the draft pick

So, a new owner didn't completely disregard the super respected fat **** HOF'er that had his team in the AFC Championship a couple of seasons prior and tell him to **** off?  Who the **** would have told Parcells to **** off at that point?  I mean besides me.  I have been screaming that for decades.  

Let us remember that back in 1999 Belichick was still an unknown entity.  He had some success in Cleveland but was far from a hall of fame coach.  Once he was announced the head coach of the Jets who actually thought that was a good thing, let alone a god send.  Not me.  Hind sight sure, we ****ed up, but at the time it was like good riddens, you don't want to be our coach, **** you.