Jump to content
TNJet

Bring Back the Classic Unis

Recommended Posts

That is all. 

We need to get past this one man. The new unis are here to stay.

The kids love them. Especially the black ones. How’s that work for ya?

Least of all our issues.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 7
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

51-D3-ED77-48-B5-45-E5-A7-CB-362-D73074-

SAR I

Joe Namath looks terrible in that uniform. 

joewilly12 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the leg and shoulder swoosh, I'm sorry. I loved the shoulder sleeves and double stripes we had. All that needed to be done was change the green to the current green. Then bam, perfect uni.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

These were the best uniforms in the NFL..timeless,clean,classic. 

Image result for new york jets old uniforms.

Agreed. Maybe just make the green brighter if anything at all.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new uniforms are actually pretty cool . Amazingly I actually gave the dipsh*t FO a nod for them not being horrible 

  • Upvote 3
  • Butt Fumble 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I hate the leg and shoulder swoosh, I'm sorry. I loved the shoulder sleeves and double stripes we had. All that needed to be done was change the green to the current green. Then bam, perfect uni.

I'm with you! The new helmet with retro stripes man, Nike blew it.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

51-D3-ED77-48-B5-45-E5-A7-CB-362-D73074-

SAR I

They actually sell the new jersey with his name on it at Fanatics.  Same one from the pic.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I hate the leg and shoulder swoosh, I'm sorry. I loved the shoulder sleeves and double stripes we had. All that needed to be done was change the green to the current green. Then bam, perfect uni.

The green is too bright and neon like. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'm with you! The new helmet with retro stripes man, Nike blew it.

Or even the new jerseys with the old sleeves! Hot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The green is too bright and neon like. 

Need someone to photoshop the old unis with current green. I bet it looks hot..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TNJet said:

Need someone to photoshop the old unis with current green. I bet it looks hot..

Nope the green is too bright and neon like. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These bad boys are here for at least 4 more seasons, so get used to them. Minor tweaks can happen but nothing major every 5 years. I can assure you the shoulder stripes will be changed though, they are universally despised from younger fans to UniWatch. 

"Third, be it Further Resolved, that a Club may not change its regular home and away uniforms more than once every five NFL seasons, and may not change its third uniform design more than onceevery five NFL seasons, absent specific extenuating circumstances (e.g., Club ownership change or relocation) as determined by the Commissioner."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'm with you! The new helmet with retro stripes man, Nike blew it.

Yeah bro white double stripes down the middle of the nes helmet would look great. I'm hoping for an improvement soon ala Jax. They had a putrid gold half painted two tone helmet that was so ugly they only kept it for like 2 yrs then went back to more classic black helmet 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope the green is too bright and neon like. 

Still look more like the Jets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they win a Super Bowl in these new unis, these unis will be the "classic".

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Yeah bro white double stripes down the middle of the nes helmet would look great. I'm hoping for an improvement soon ala Jax. They had a putrid gold half painted two tone helmet that was so ugly they only kept it for like 2 yrs then went back to more classic black helmet 🤣

They had those helmets from 2013-2018. NFL Rules state no major changes for 5 seasons. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

These bad boys are here for at least 4 more seasons, so get used to them. Minor tweaks can happen but nothing major every 5 years. I can assure you the shoulder stripes will be changed though, they are universally despised from younger fans to UniWatch. 

"Third, be it Further Resolved, that a Club may not change its regular home and away uniforms more than once every five NFL seasons, and may not change its third uniform design more than onceevery five NFL seasons, absent specific extenuating circumstances (e.g., Club ownership change or relocation) as determined by the Commissioner."

1  almost down 4 to go, the merchandise is not selling my neighbor knows people who work for Dick's Sporting Goods corporate and they say NY Jets merchandise sales down. Stock in stores not moving. The local Kohl's I go to has the same stock its had since the beginning of the season. The color is terrible and so is the design. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, peebag said:

If they win a Super Bowl in these new unis, these unis will be the "classic".

Yesss and we are soooo close thanks to Mac/Bowles/Gase...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Bring back Bachelors III

And Raquel Welch's tjts...

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

1  almost down 4 to go, the merchandise is not selling my neighbor knows people who work for Dick's Sporting Goods corporate and they say NY Jets merchandise sales down. Stock in stores not moving. The local Kohl's I go to has the same stock its had since the beginning of the season. The color is terrible and so is the design. 

Not surprised at all. I havent had an urge to buy any of the new stuff other than a replica helmet to add to the collection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

They had those helmets from 2013-2018. NFL Rules state no major changes for 5 seasons. 

Wow...seemed shorter. Cool I'm looking forward to 5 years from now to look like the Jets again instead of an inbred Eagle Jet uni...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody who wants to turn back the clock to the old uniforms should be forced to read their Jets news in a newspaper and watch games in black-and-white.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:


We need to get past this one man. The new unis are here to stay.

The kids love them. Especially the black ones. How’s that work for ya?emoji6.png

Least of all our issues.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I have kids and I love the new uniforms, especially the black ones

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Anybody who wants to turn back the clock to the old uniforms should be forced to read their Jets news in a newspaper and watch games in black-and-white.

And those that don't need to be jettisoned into space to root for the futuristic NY Jets. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...