Bring Back the Classic Unis

TNJet

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I hate the leg and shoulder swoosh, I'm sorry. I loved the shoulder sleeves and double stripes we had. All that needed to be done was change the green to the current green. Then bam, perfect uni.

I'm with you! The new helmet with retro stripes man, Nike blew it.

• Post of the Week 1

These bad boys are here for at least 4 more seasons, so get used to them. Minor tweaks can happen but nothing major every 5 years. I can assure you the shoulder stripes will be changed though, they are universally despised from younger fans to UniWatch. 

"Third, be it Further Resolved, that a Club may not change its regular home and away uniforms more than once every five NFL seasons, and may not change its third uniform design more than onceevery five NFL seasons, absent specific extenuating circumstances (e.g., Club ownership change or relocation) as determined by the Commissioner."

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'm with you! The new helmet with retro stripes man, Nike blew it.

Yeah bro white double stripes down the middle of the nes helmet would look great. I'm hoping for an improvement soon ala Jax. They had a putrid gold half painted two tone helmet that was so ugly they only kept it for like 2 yrs then went back to more classic black helmet ?

7 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Yeah bro white double stripes down the middle of the nes helmet would look great. I'm hoping for an improvement soon ala Jax. They had a putrid gold half painted two tone helmet that was so ugly they only kept it for like 2 yrs then went back to more classic black helmet ?

They had those helmets from 2013-2018. NFL Rules state no major changes for 5 seasons. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

These bad boys are here for at least 4 more seasons, so get used to them. Minor tweaks can happen but nothing major every 5 years. I can assure you the shoulder stripes will be changed though, they are universally despised from younger fans to UniWatch. 

"Third, be it Further Resolved, that a Club may not change its regular home and away uniforms more than once every five NFL seasons, and may not change its third uniform design more than onceevery five NFL seasons, absent specific extenuating circumstances (e.g., Club ownership change or relocation) as determined by the Commissioner."

1  almost down 4 to go, the merchandise is not selling my neighbor knows people who work for Dick's Sporting Goods corporate and they say NY Jets merchandise sales down. Stock in stores not moving. The local Kohl's I go to has the same stock its had since the beginning of the season. The color is terrible and so is the design. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, joewilly12 said:

1  almost down 4 to go, the merchandise is not selling my neighbor knows people who work for Dick's Sporting Goods corporate and they say NY Jets merchandise sales down. Stock in stores not moving. The local Kohl's I go to has the same stock its had since the beginning of the season. The color is terrible and so is the design. 

Not surprised at all. I havent had an urge to buy any of the new stuff other than a replica helmet to add to the collection. 

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

They had those helmets from 2013-2018. NFL Rules state no major changes for 5 seasons. 

Wow...seemed shorter. Cool I'm looking forward to 5 years from now to look like the Jets again instead of an inbred Eagle Jet uni...

• Upvote 1