Bring Back the Classic Unis

TNJet

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Said no matter the old stuff sold regardless. 

Take notice at the stadium more older jerseys than new. 

LOL, 50,000 fans with jerseys bought over the last 20 years havent all been replaced by new uniforms?  Just as telling as some kids opinion who works ad a Dicks.  There are plenty of new uniforms worn at Jet games

Why has no one who wants to go back cite the poll here that had 65% or so liking the new uniforms.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, 50,000 fans with jerseys bought over the last 20 years havent all been replaced by new uniforms?  Just as telling as some kids opinion who works ad a Dicks.  There are plenty of new uniforms worn at Jet games

Why has no one who wants to go back cite the poll here that had 65% or so liking the new uniforms.  

Not sales kids, corporate people. The merchandise has not sold as expected is what they said. I have no reason to lie or make up stuff I have no stake in the game. I buy what I like just like others. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not sales kids, corporate people. The merchandise has not sold as expected is what they said. I have no reason to lie or make up stuff I have no stake in the game. I buy what I like just like others. 

We're having a horrible season.  Not racking up wins and some corporate pinhead blames sales on the shoulder stripes? 

All the top jerseys, any sport are made up of winning teams.  Winning translates to sales. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

We're having a horrible season.  Not racking up wins and some corporate pinhead blames sales on the shoulder stripes? 

All the top jerseys, any sport are made up of winning teams.  Winning translates to sales. 

They aren't blaming it on anything they really don't care. 

The discussion we had was #1 reason poor design and the color is what's being said in the industry. 

They said NY Jets merchandise always sold regardless of the product on the field this new design hasn't done as well as expected. 

personal opinion

only good thing about the new uni's is I don't hate them

moving from the classics, anything was going to be a downgrade

I'd be curious to also know from the corporate bigshots if the fact that Nike is making them (along with any other teams uni's Nike is making) attributed a negative impact or not. 

F Nike (I ain't buying none of their $h*t ever again)

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Even if your anecdotal statement is true, I suspect 1-7 teams dont get huge amounts of jersey sales in general, and some  of the new Jets jerseys were very high in sales in preseason. Overall I think more people like the new ones (it was like 2 to 1 in a poll here) that dont but there will always be a group that hates ANY change even if the new uniform was the greatest uniform ever. By all accounts, as an example, the Spanos family especially the wife HATES the powder blues and they are arguably the best uniform in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Even if your anecdotal statement is true, I suspect 1-7 teams dont get huge amounts of jersey sales in general, and some  of the new Jets jerseys were very high in sales in preseason. Overall I think more people like the new ones (it was like 2 to 1 in a poll here) that dont but there will always be a group that hates ANY change even if the new uniform was the greatest uniform ever. By all accounts, as an example, the Spanos family especially the wife HATES the powder blues and they are arguably the best uniform in the NFL.

Follow along if you're going to ridicule or judge.  No one has any stake in the game. The discussion took place at a party these people work for a large sporting goods distributor corporate level. We were discussing the NY Jets and merchandise. They had no reason to lie and neither do I. Whatever the reason its happening. They said NY Jets has always sold on-line and in the store this new merchandise is not selling either place and thats the reason there is low stock in the stores as there is no demand for it.  If the jerseys were all that great and longtime Jets fans had to have the new ones the sales would be better.  Sales on everything new hats,-shirts,sweatshirts are down. 

On 11/24/2019 at 12:49 PM, Grandy said:

Image result for Jets 80's new uniforms conceptsAdmittedly the all whites and blacks have grown on me, but I'd still prefer a look like this.

I’d have been 100% down with these uni’s.  I will say though that the rich shade of green in the current helmets have been growing on me ever since seeing last week’s matchup with the Raiders. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2019 at 11:58 AM, joewilly12 said:

Follow along if you're going to ridicule or judge.  No one has any stake in the game. The discussion took place at a party these people work for a large sporting goods distributor corporate level. We were discussing the NY Jets and merchandise. They had no reason to lie and neither do I. Whatever the reason its happening. They said NY Jets has always sold on-line and in the store this new merchandise is not selling either place and thats the reason there is low stock in the stores as there is no demand for it.  If the jerseys were all that great and longtime Jets fans had to have the new ones the sales would be better.  Sales on everything new hats,-shirts,sweatshirts are down. 

I don’t understand why people are having such a hard time with what you’re saying here.

If it’s true sales are down, the new design is the problem, not our record this year. It’s not like we were a powerhouse the last few years before this one. That shouldn’t be a factor.

Add to that you have the huge NY market, and what was a fairly optimistic (and quite large) fan base. If sales don’t take a huge jump in the first year of a redesign, that means the design is a fail.

I don’t see how anyone could dispute that.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Bring back the 80s logo for the helmet, that's all. Everything else is fine (except the black uniforms but I understand teams need 3rd uniforms now).

Naw, take off the lame swoosh wing on the sleeves and pants, and bring back the classic sleeves and double stripes.

• Upvote 2

The real authentic ones are decent if you like the design, you should see the knock off versions I saw one the other night and the swoosh/slashes didn't even line up. 

I will stick to the previous years versions until they make another change. 

Unless I get a good deal on one not buying it. 

16 hours ago, TNJet said:

Naw, take off the lame swoosh wing on the sleeves and pants, and bring back the classic sleeves and double stripes.

I kind of like it but I'd have no problem making tweaks and I expect they will in the coming years.  The only part of the Jersey I don't really like is "New York" across the chest.  I like the logo on the old uniforms.  If they want to play up the NY part they can use that alternate NY logo as the patch.

16 hours ago, TNJet said:

Also, I loved the old stripes but they didn't look as good in recent years with the way they made the jerseys.  Look at 1998 compared to last test.

W7JU26S2GFK4GFMBMU6UXELFZQ.jpg

Sam-Darnold5.jpg

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don’t understand why people are having such a hard time with what you’re saying here.

If it’s true sales are down, the new design is the problem, not our record this year. It’s not like we were a powerhouse the last few years before this one. That shouldn’t be a factor.

Add to that you have the huge NY market, and what was a fairly optimistic (and quite large) fan base. If sales don’t take a huge jump in the first year of a redesign, that means the design is a fail.

I don’t see how anyone could dispute that.

Sales are down according to anecdotal anecdotes. It’s not even anecdotal evidence, it’s a story about a story.

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Sales are down according to anecdotal anecdotes. It’s not even anecdotal evidence, it’s a story about a story.

Sales are down, I just got back from the local Modells needed to pick up a Christmas gift.  I was looking at the NY Jets merchandise some on sale and I asked the guy nearby who turned to to be a manager if the new Jets stuff was selling and his reply was it was not. They had a lot of shirts and jerseys soon to be a big % off he said. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sales are down, I just got back from the local Modells needed to pick up a Christmas gift.  I was looking at the NY Jets merchandise some on sale and I asked the guy nearby who turned to to be a manager if the new Jets stuff was selling and his reply was it was not. They had a lot of shirts and jerseys soon to be a big % off he said. 

A sale during Christmas time at the end of Football season... it can’t possibly be... also this is still anecdotal and barely passable as evidence.

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

A sale during Christmas time at the end of Football season... it can’t possibly be... also this is still anecdotal and barely passable as evidence.

Not the point still not selling as he said initially, but I guess you missed that. Racks are packed some with the new colors and NY not even the new Jets logo. Its not selling even the Salute to Service merchandise is available years past it was sold out. 

Go run and buy some, help the cause.