Jump to content

Sam Darnold is a “special” QB


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

QB #1

23 Starts to begin career, 9 wins, 14 losses, 465 for 836 (55.6%) for 5,370 Yards (6.4 YPA), 33 TD's, 28 INT's, Sacked 71 times.

QB #2

22 Starts to begin career, 8 wins, 14 losses, 435 for 725 (60.0%) for 5,019 Yards (6.9 YPA), 30 TD's, 25 INT's, Sacked 57 times.

These two don't play for the same teams and don't play the same schedule.

It makes no difference 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That video made me release. 

And just wait until he gets the time to make all his Reads...  

You guys know this is a Jets site, right? It is okay to root for the Jets here lol.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

These two don't play for the same teams and don't play the same schedule.

It makes no difference 

99a.gif

:-k

It's ok.  It's hard as hell what we're going through right now.  Denial is a normal part of the grieving process.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

99a.gif

:-k

It's ok.  It's hard as hell what we're going through right now.  Denial is a normal part of the grieving process.

Not really on any level.

Darnold is fine, not close to being the problem today or any day

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When darnold has a clean pocket and 5 seconds to throw the ball, he is aron rodgers.

When teams can muster up the slightest pressure and the pocket is not perfect, he is terrible.

Any good team you face is going to generate pressure.  Great qbs can navigate the pocket and thrive in the chaos.

Darnold has 0 ability to do that.  The minute the slightest pressure comes he stinks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When darnold has a clean pocket and 5 seconds to throw the ball, he is aron rodgers.

When teams can muster up the slightest pressure and the pocket is not perfect, he is terrible.

Any good team you face is going to generate pressure.  Great qbs can navigate the pocket and thrive in the chaos.

Darnold has 0 ability to do that.  The minute the slightest pressure comes he stinks.

He hasn't had 5 seconds in the pocket once this year.   This might me the worst take on Darnold ever.....   He missed some throws today.  He had some drops.  But once again he had no time in the pocket..   If you care to do some real research you'll see Darnold is trowing the ball in under 2.5 seconds on average.   Not because guys are getting open but because he has to do.  Pick on Darnold for his poor decisions today  for throwing the ball and not running with the ball on about 3 or 4 plays when he had space to get yardage, sure.  But to say he is terrible under the slightest pressure is almost idiotic considering every play he is under immense pressure.  You want to hate him, hate him but please speak in facts and not nonsense.   Darnold has been navigating the pocket wll and making plays the last 4 weeks.  Hell even on the plays I alluded to earlier he made very good passes on 2 of them that the WR couldn't make the play.     It wasn't a good day for the entire team Darnold too but jesus your post is pure reactionary to a loss and not what Darnold actually did  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

He hasn't had 5 seconds in the pocket once this year.   This might me the worst take on Darnold ever.....   He missed some throws today.  He had some drops.  But once again he had no time in the pocket..   If you care to do some real research you'll see Darnold is trowing the ball in under 2.5 seconds on average.   Not because guys are getting open but because he has to do.  Pick on Darnold for his poor decisions today  for throwing the ball and not running with the ball on about 3 or 4 plays when he had space to get yardage, sure.  But to say he is terrible under the slightest pressure is almost idiotic considering every play he is under immense pressure.  You want to hate him, hate him but please speak in facts and not nonsense.   Darnold has been navigating the pocket wll and making plays the last 4 weeks.  Hell even on the plays I alluded to earlier he made very good passes on 2 of them that the WR couldn't make the play.     It wasn't a good day for the entire team Darnold too but jesus your post is pure reactionary to a loss and not what Darnold actually did  

Yes, the last few weeks where teams like oakland and washington got nowhere near him and he had all day to throw.

Darnold falls apart when the slightest bit of pressure gets to him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warfish said:

One of these QB's is "Special", a legit Franchise QB, a first round pick who has suffered under a horrible O-line with no time and limited O weapons.

One of these QB's is a known draft bust, a first round pick, and suffered under a horrible O-line with no time and limited O weapons.

QB #1

23 Starts to begin career, 9 wins, 14 losses, 465 for 836 (55.6%) for 5,370 Yards (6.4 YPA), 33 TD's, 28 INT's, Sacked 71 times.

QB #2

22 Starts to begin career, 8 wins, 14 losses, 435 for 725 (60.0%) for 5,019 Yards (6.9 YPA), 30 TD's, 25 INT's, Sacked 57 times.

1A0C256E-0493-41D4-B2DA-A772D1F6FD2C.jpeg.4b28cb16415b63886df9cbc3af927c64.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, the last few weeks where teams like oakland and washington got nowhere near him and he had all day to throw.

Darnold falls apart when the slightest bit of pressure gets to him.  

again look at the stats. before you make comments.   He was under pressure in both of those games as well. He made the plays and the wr made the catches.  Today didn't go our way, Sam had a few questionable decisions to throw instead of run and the Wr's dropped several key passes.   With that said we shouldn't have lost, we should have easily won.   Which just highlights:

The OL is bad and everyone notices when things don't go our way. Darnold makes them look better then they actually are. Which is funny cause they are ranked #31 in the NFL. A QB like Brady, Rivers, Goff, etc.. would be seriously injured by now cause they couldn't get out of the pocket in tight situations like Sam has.  They were bad against OAK, they were bad against WAS, they were bad against the Giants.  The best they played this year was against Dallas and even that week they were the 20th ranked OL. 

Darnold is under pressure more often than not.   He doesn't need 5 seconds in the pocket and I can say that matter of factly cause he never gets that and last i check before today he was under pressure on average at the 1.8 second mark according to PFF.  So please ,again, hate on Darnold if you want but  find a better narrative then he is only good when he has time in the pocket.  Cause facts state he never has time in the pocket.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When teams can muster up the slightest pressure and the pocket is not perfect, he is terrible.

That’s a joke, right?  The slightest pressure

Sometimes it pays to watch games sober. There hasn’t been a game with just the slightest pressure.  Add in that in games in Cincy his shlt ass WRs couldn’t get open and when passes hit their hands they dropped them

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So what's up with this thread now?  Just huge reactionary piece of turd?  Every week we'll update this and determine whether Darnold is special or not based on the outcome of each game?

Seems rational and logical and perfectly in line with what I've come to expect from this board.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, the last few weeks where teams like oakland and washington got nowhere near him and he had all day to throw.

Darnold falls apart when the slightest bit of pressure gets to him.  

And you think the Pats backup is special.  

Now you’re imagining he had all day in the last 2 games.  lol

Where the f were you with this nonsense the last part of the schedule, last week, when you went on and on about big wins?  Now one loss later you’re off on some ridiculous post that he had time.  Or worse actually had 5 seconds to throw

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When darnold has a clean pocket and 5 seconds to throw the ball, he is aron rodgers.

When teams can muster up the slightest pressure and the pocket is not perfect, he is terrible.

Any good team you face is going to generate pressure.  Great qbs can navigate the pocket and thrive in the chaos.

Darnold has 0 ability to do that.  The minute the slightest pressure comes he stinks.

Probably the worst take of all time, even though it’s a transparent and terrible troll attempt. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

So what's up with this thread now?  Just huge reactionary piece of turd?  Every week we'll update this and determine whether Darnold is special or not based on the outcome of each game?

Seems rational and logic and perfectly in line with what I've come to expect from this board.

Jets and Giants are in a similar situation.  Talented young quarterbacks, horrible rosters, horrible head coaches

 

 But the giants are going to be smart and fire Shurmur and hire McCarthy or even Belicheat  while the dumbass inept jets are stuck with Gase 3 more bad years

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Warfish said:

One of these QB's is "Special", a legit Franchise QB, a first round pick who has suffered under a horrible O-line with no time and limited O weapons.

One of these QB's is a known draft bust, a first round pick, and suffered under a horrible O-line with no time and limited O weapons.

QB #1

23 Starts to begin career, 9 wins, 14 losses, 465 for 836 (55.6%) for 5,370 Yards (6.4 YPA), 33 TD's, 28 INT's, Sacked 71 times.

QB #2

22 Starts to begin career, 8 wins, 14 losses, 435 for 725 (60.0%) for 5,019 Yards (6.9 YPA), 30 TD's, 25 INT's, Sacked 57 times.

What is your point with this nonsense?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What part of these statistics do you find nonsensical?  They're quite strait forward, honestly.

Ok so Sam Darnold has similar stats through 22 games than another player. What exactly, does that mean? Are you implying that basic out of context stats actually mean something? Is Kirk Cousins the MVP? Your troll game needs some work. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grandy said:

Sam got a good PFF grade of 76.8 (highest on the O). That places him #7 on the week out of all QB's.

I don't necessarily trust PFF, but it's an interesting perspective nonetheless. 

I don’t get pff at all with regards to QBs. I believe Haskins had a higher grade than Darnold the game the two played (huh?).

ESPN has QBR which says Haskins is awful yet Pff has given him a respectable grade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Jets and Giants are in a similar situation.  Talented young quarterbacks, horrible rosters, horrible head coaches

 

 But the giants are going to be smart and fire Shurmur and hire McCarthy or even Belicheat  while the dumbass inept jets are stuck with Gase 3 more bad years

Meh, we'll see.  I think we have to see what Gase and Douglas can do together, so at least another year but if Gase keeps losing the way he does, I dont think Douglas will put up with it.  It's not very encouraging to see what Tannehill is doing too so I really dont think he'll hesitate making the move if Gase doesnt start to turn some of his ugly trends as a head coach around.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Y3k said:

Ah ok, it means that you’re a troll without a point. Got it. 

Seems to mean you don’t understand basic numbers, sounds like. Seems like you think everyone is a ‘troll’ but yourself. Seems like you’re not a fan of stats. Or analysis. 

End of the day, I found it interesting.  If you don't, or don't want to, I'm cool with that.  Just pass it by, no worries.  If you think stats don't matter, production doesn't matter, that's cool too.  Whatever makes you happy, honestly, is what you should do.  If seeing Sam's early career production compared almost exactly to a former 1st round bust makes you unhappy, well, it shouldn't if you believe in Sam. And second, who cares right?  Not like us posting numbers or opinions here changes anything.  Roll with it bro, it's far less stressful that going around buttfumbling every post that might be sideways critical of Sam Darnold, like you're the Samite Inquisition.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JiF said:

Meh, we'll see.  I think we have to see what Gase and Douglas can do together, so at least another year but if Gase keeps losing the way he does, I dont think Douglas will put up with it.  It's not very encouraging to see what Tannehill is doing too so I really dont think he'll hesitate making the move if Gase doesnt start to turn some of his ugly trends as a head coach around.

I have zero optimism regarding Gase.  The guy is mediocre at best.  He’s Josh McDaniels with one fluke winning season on his resume

 

JD needs a great offseason which involves getting back picks for both Adams and Q otherwise this roster will again be bottom 5 next year with a lousy head coach to guide it

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...