where his feet can be in strange positions yet he can still throw 
accurately.  Any Jet fan that has watched him knows this, also that
ability has made the OLine look better than it really is.  A textbook
QB would have no chance behind this OLine, need we remember what Falk
looked like?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Guys like David Blough get into the NFL because they are good at playing the position and have what it takes between the ears. Ryan Fitzpatrick is the ultimate example. 

Sam has the talent and the smarts, but he’s not advanced at all with regards to the nuances or the QB position. When I start seeing him manipulate the pocket instead of vacating it at the first sign of trouble I will feel better. When do you ever see Darnold hang in the pocket until the last minute? He’s started to do a better job stepping up the past few weeks, but it’s still not where it needs to be. 

Just stop

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

dude averaged 10 wins his 1st 4 yrs...

i guess 4-7 wins/yr is ok if you're SPECIAL

nobody hear wants to hear about anything but Sam’s “gifts” and “uncanny accuracy(???) lol. It’s bow down or else here as far as they’re concerned.

I would’ve thought compa you’re comping him to Dalton was a compliment, considering what Sam has produced in two years, but I guess not. ?

Unless you comp him to a Rodgers, Favre or Peyton, you’re trolling. They have their standards, and apparently his career numbers and taking down 3 teams who’ve combined for 10 wins in a season meet them.

5 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

The Red Rifle may not have the best arm in the world, but he is an absolute master in the pocket. Sams biggest weakness is the fact that he is terrible in the pocket and his footwork goes to hell when pressure is around him. Hopefully he keeps an eye on Dalton (who owns the Jets), and it motivates him to get better. 

Guys like Danny Dimes, Red Rifle, and David Blough don’t have near the arm talent Sam does, but play the position better. I’m seeing Josh Allen improve a lot, but still don’t see enough improvement from Sam in this area (which is an indictment on coaching). Eventually teams are going to make adjustments to keep him in the pocket and he will probably struggle. 

Image result for ronald mcdonald gifs
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

The Red Rifle may not have the best arm in the world, but he is an absolute master in the pocket. Sams biggest weakness is the fact that he is terrible in the pocket and his footwork goes to hell when pressure is around him. Hopefully he keeps an eye on Dalton (who owns the Jets), and it motivates him to get better. 

Guys like Danny Dimes, Red Rifle, and David Blough don’t have near the arm talent Sam does, but play the position better. I’m seeing Josh Allen improve a lot, but still don’t see enough improvement from Sam in this area (which is an indictment on coaching). Eventually teams are going to make adjustments to keep him in the pocket and he will probably struggle. 

I have NEVER Butt fumbled a post but u came close for me on this

Good Grief!  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Losmeister said:

People call me a troll cos I have not elected Sam for Sainthood or believe that Adams is Ronnie Lott reincarnated.

(if he chopped off his pinky, i might buy in...    or that might just make him Yakuza... which gets him badass pts)

Not buying in is one thing. Saying David Blough plays the position better is trolling. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Guys like David Blough get into the NFL because they are good at playing the position and have what it takes between the ears. Ryan Fitzpatrick is the ultimate example. 

Sam has the talent and the smarts, but he’s not advanced at all with regards to the nuances or the QB position. When I start seeing him manipulate the pocket instead of vacating it at the first sign of trouble I will feel better. When do you ever see Darnold hang in the pocket until the last minute? He’s started to do a better job stepping up the past few weeks, but it’s still not where it needs to be. 

This is painfully inept. 

Using Blough to compare against Darnold in any way, shape, or form is just an insult to intelligence.

If he had 10% of the talent, smarts, football knowledge, or athletic ability that Darnold has, he wouldnt have been 3rd string on the Detroit Lions (his second team in a half year). If he "has what it takes between the ears", he would have been drafted by a single NFL team, he was not. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Sam is terrible in the pocket? Okay, obviously this is either a joke or someone who has never watched Sam play football.

Locking this, if I see something like this again we will look at this Ronald account further.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 1