Is Miami poised to become the new powerhouse in AFC east

Rhg1084

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The team that just doubled down on Ryan Fitzpatrick by dragging Chan Gailey out of retirement is going to roll, said the amnesiac Jets fan

So easy to rank on Fitz,  but the fact is, he played great for them. He has good receivers and he knows how to use him. Yeah, Fitz is an easy target, but he has given them much better qb play than we ever had, And any football player can learn from him, how to leave it all out there on the field - his courage is admirable. I'm not saying he is part of the equation for the future of the Dolphins, but you can see how he revitalized that team this year.

4 hours ago, roscoeword said:

So easy to rank on Fitz,  but the fact is, he played great for them. He has good receivers and he knows how to use him. Yeah, Fitz is an easy target, but he has given them much better qb play than we ever had, And any football player can learn from him, how to leave it all out there on the field - his courage is admirable. I'm not saying he is part of the equation for the future of the Dolphins, but you can see how he revitalized that team this year.

fitz is a better qb than sam is at this point. 

anyway...    the 4 years philbin was hc there. does anybody think that wasa a good football team? gm'ed by who?

people around here seem to think gase was miamis problem. seems to me they have had a lousy team (playres) for a decade or so, which no amount of "use playres correctly" was gonna fix...

How bored are you that your imagination drifted this far. You really think Miami is going to go from a garbage team to a powerhouse overnight with a couple of draft picks? Their team was so bad this year that their good players begged to be traded away, their best players were traded. Let's say they take the first round pick they got for their lt and cb and they hit on both of those which of course is unlikely...they are still only back to where they were to begin with and not better and they are still the dolphins

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, Dcat said:

it is very difficult not to butt fumble this.  Not that there is anything wrong with your post at all.  It's just the association of the words Dolphins and powerhouse made me want to vomit.

Seriously. What a leap from first round draft picks and cap space - to powerhouse? Isn’t Tanny still involved there? 

The Dolphins just doubled down on Fitz and brought in Chan Gailey to accomodate for him, I dont think they're poised for anything other than taking themselves out of the Lawrence sweepstakes unless they plan to take Tua which I dont see working out for anyone. 

Bills are fools gold right now.  Didnt beat a single team with a winning record, QB isnt really that good and is probably going to hold them back from reaching their true potential.

The Jets got Darnold, which is nice.  

The division will probably be similar to others in the NFL once Brady is gone, a lot of changing at the top year to year.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

How bored are you that your imagination drifted this far. You really think Miami is going to go from a garbage team to a powerhouse overnight with a couple of draft picks? Their team was so bad this year that their good players begged to be traded away, their best players were traded. Let's say they take the first round pick they got for their lt and cb and they hit on both of those which of course is unlikely...they are still only back to where they were to begin with and not better and they are still the dolphins

Miami is the team setup for best success right now. They will take Tua, and fill their roster in nice the next couple years. It’s going to be a quick turnaround for this team who will be a force to deal with for years to come 

Flores wins 5 games and jets fans thinks he’s coach of the year. Gase wins 7 and Jets fans are flying banners to get him fired!  Fitz is gonna be 38!  I hope they give him a new contract. We know how he plays after that. Yes they have a lot of draft capital but they got rid of good young players to get it.  Buffalo is going to the playoffs and we should worry about the Dolphins next year?  The board is officially in off season mode!

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Miami seems like they’re in a great spot. Flores should honesty get coach of the year considerations with the job he did down there. They have 3 first round picks in this upcoming draft, plus a ton of cap space. I see this team doing a quick rebuild and becoming a force to reckon with. Curious to see if the go the Tua route

Just like the browns and all their picks.....no

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Miami is in the most enviable position for sustained long term success out of all the team in AFC east. A million high draft picks to go along with a ton of cap space. Flores gets to build the team the way he wants, and I trust they will be successful. Not saying they will win the division next year but in 2 years I fully expect them to be a force to reckon with 

and very little talent. we all know fitzmagic can make your team look good for a little bit before it all comes crashing down. 

7 hours ago, roscoeword said:

He has given them much better QB play then we ever had?  Does that include the years we had him(the exact same person) and the one year here he was statistically better than he was this year?

What an odd statement.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He has given them much better QB play then we ever had?  Does that include the years we had him(the exact same person) and the one year here he was statistically better than he was this year?

What an odd statement.

The offseason, where everyone and everything is better than the Jets, even when it's literally the same thing.

• Upvote 1

First of all why are you guys talking about Fitz? He’s not in the equation long term for them. They will land a franchise QB in either Tua or Herbert and build around that guy with the other 20 high picks they have. I’m not talking about just next year, I’m talking about the foreseeable future 

Miami is the team setup for best success right now. They will take Tua, and fill their roster in nice the next couple years. It’s going to be a quick turnaround for this team who will be a force to deal with for years to come 
I counter this with they have no left tackle, their offensive line is poop their secondary is garbage...they are essentially the Jets without a QB but with more draft picks to whiff on.

2 hours ago, docdhc said:

Flores wins 5 games and jets fans thinks he’s coach of the year. Gase wins 7 and Jets fans are flying banners to get him fired!  Fitz is gonna be 38!  I hope they give him a new contract. We know how he plays after that. Yes they have a lot of draft capital but they got rid of good young players to get it.  Buffalo is going to the playoffs and we should worry about the Dolphins next year?  The board is officially in off season mode!

How about both Flores and Gase suck?

49 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

First of all why are you guys talking about Fitz? He’s not in the equation long term for them. They will land a franchise QB in either Tua or Herbert and build around that guy with the other 20 high picks they have. I’m not talking about just next year, I’m talking about the foreseeable future 

Fitz is there to start next season until he gets benched which will be around week 4 or 5 and Tua or whoever they draft takes over

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They got a lot for Tunsil.  How was that a bad pick for them at # 13 overall?

Howard had 7 INT as a rookie.  At least he was talented.

Drake is having a nice career so far.  

Minkah is the truth, and they got a lot for him in a trade as well.  

Miami's GM is miles and miles better than Mike Maccagnan at drafting.  

They did not get a lot for Fitzpatrick.  They got the 20th pick (which is lower then where they drafted him less then two years ago) and have to give the Steelers a late round pick.  Most Dolphins fans I know are not happy at all with the trade - they assumed at the time of the trade it would be a top 10 pick.

But regardless, I don’t evaluate GMs based on their ability to hit on top 15 draft picks.  Everyone on this board knew Tunsil and Fitzpatrick were smart picks at the time.  Just like Adams was a no brainer.  Show me what they accomplished on the second and third days of the draft, and with very little exception both Miami and the Jets have sucked at that.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:43 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Miami seems like they’re in a great spot. Flores should honesty get coach of the year considerations with the job he did down there. They have 3 first round picks in this upcoming draft, plus a ton of cap space. I see this team doing a quick rebuild and becoming a force to reckon with. Curious to see if the go the Tua route

raw