Boomer & Gio - Mark Sanchez Interview This Morning At The Super Bowl

SAR I

3 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Something most bone headed Jet fans forget. He was within 1 game of the SB twice. Say what you want, it is what it is. Go watch the SD playoff game from 09, he made some amazing throws in that game.

Sanchez was a better in the playoffs than during regular season without a doubt

Some guys are just like that in all sports 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And in both AFC Title games he threw up duds.  

You are out of your mind.

Mark Sanchez was the best Jets player on the field in those 2 Championship Games.  We had a 10 point lead in Indianapolis on the strength of some great throws.  And in Pittsburgh the Jets brutal D and porous OL had us down 24-0 before Mark led us on a bigtime comeback that fell short because the D couldn't make a single stop.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez was the best Jets player on the field in those 2 Championship Games.  We had a 10 point lead in Indianapolis on the strength of some great throws.  And in Pittsburgh the Jets brutal D and porous OL had us down 24-0 before Mark led us on a bigtime comeback that fell short because the D couldn't make a single stop.

SAR I

Football games are 60 minutes.  Two halves.  Typically, you have to show up for both of them when you play some of the best teams in the NFL.

You don't beat Peyton Manning with 17 points (less then their average allowed that year) and not scoring at all in the second half.  And, you don't beat Rothelisberger and the Steelers defense by gifting them 7, and only scoring 3 in the 1st half.  And, I'm not sure scoring a TD with 3 minutes left in the game to still need a TD, is a "big time comeback."  But hey, I'm not going to talk you out of the ridiculous spin you've put on the game.

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Likable guy.  Not an NFL QB.  As evidenced by the fact that he's, not an NFL QB.

Plus we were the only ones to give him a starting job outright.  Sanchez once lost a QB competition to Trevor Siemian.  Siemian was the # 250 pick in the draft in 2015 and a 2nd year QB at the time.

Sure, he started 11 games over his final 4 years, 10 with Philly and 1 with Washington (0 for Dallas).  But that was only due to injuries to the starters.  

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Wow, and here I thought you were irrational about PSLs and Adam Gase!

This thread is proof that people see what they choose to see.

Sanchez was a nice kid with some talent and had some nice moments - but he was not -- nor was ever going to be - a legitimate starting QB in the NFL. 

It's a shame he is defined by the "butt fumble" because it's unfair to consider his entire career a total joke.  It wasn't.  But it wasn't very good either. Sanchez had PLENTY of chances after the Jets and he failed everywhere he went. If he was legit, he'd still be in the league. He's on TV instead.

If you read Collision Low Crossers you know why he never took the next step.  It wasn't the coaching,   It was his emotional IQ. 

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Mark is a class guy, but he subtly found a way to kill Tannenbaum for signing every castoff thug WR to hit the waiver wire, and Boomer goes in on how bad Rex Ryan was for Mark's development. Anyone who thought, or thinks, that Rex Ryan was a value-add for this franchise was/is dead wrong, and anyone who thinks Gase had a chance in Miami with Mike Tannenbaum as his boss is out of their mind. 

Is this where I say, "OK Boomer"?

Am I doing this right?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Personally I always liked Sanchez.  I never thought he was ever gonna be a great QB but I thought he could be good as long as we kept a good team around him.  Either way we still went to back to back AFC title games which was unexpected 

Coming off his couch he would have been a better backup than Falk. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Personally I always liked Sanchez.  I never thought he was ever gonna be a great QB but I thought he could be good as long as we kept a good team around him.  Either way we still went to back to back AFC title games which was unexpected 

He was better than Chad Pennington and Vinnie Testaverde and there are people here who worship those two clowns.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He was better than Chad Pennington and Vinnie Testaverde and there are people here who worship those two clowns.

SAR I

Chad only had better career stats, made the playoffs 4 times versus 2 for Sanchez and had a longer and better career, but yea, Sanchez was a better player. 

By all accounts Sanchez is a good guy but unfortunately he had no clue how to manage a game, understanding of down/distance/field position and couldn’t get through his progressions.  There is a big difference between throwing a pick down the field on 3rd and long and throwing a pick 6 or red zone int, and he never knew the difference  

Put Chad on the 2009-2010 teams and we are likely looking at a SB. 

16 hours ago, BCJet said:

Chad only had better career stats, made the playoffs 4 times versus 2 for Sanchez and had a longer and better career, but yea, Sanchez was a better player.  

That's really good fake news, congrats.  Sanchez won twice as many playoff games in half as many starts.  Gee, that sounds pretty good.  Chad had 8 TD's and 8 INT's.  Mark had 9 TD's and 3 INT's.  That sounds pretty good too.  Wait-  so you must be talking about rating, right?  Chad 77.3, Mark 93.4.  That sounds pretty good.  Hmm.  Wait-  I get it, you're talking about how deep each went in the playoffs.  Oops. 

By all accounts Sanchez is a good guy but unfortunately he had no clue how to manage a game, understanding of down/distance/field position and couldn’t get through his progressions.

I highly encourage you to watch the following games from the 2010 season-  Denver, Detroit, Houston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis.  Just watch the 4th quarters.  You know, the ones in those 6 games that turned 6-10 into 11-5 and a huge divisional round win in New England.  The best quarterbacking we've seen in 50 years.

Put Chad on the 2009-2010 teams and we are likely looking at a SB. 

That's truly funny, saying that Chad Pennington could play back-to-back seasons.  LOL.  Ha ha ha.  Ho ho ho.  He he he.

My kid believes in the tooth fairy.  He's 7.

SAR I

I would take Pennington over Sanchez all day. I think that maybe they gave up on Sanchez too soon, maybe...but even now you can hear it when he talks, I don’t think he ever had the mental make up nor  true work ethic to be a star in the league.

def a good guy and has some great insight though

Just now, HessStation said:

I would take Pennington over Sanchez all day. I think that maybe they gave up on Sanchez too soon, maybe...but even now you can hear it when he talks, I don’t think he ever had the mental make up nor  true work ethic to be a star in the league 

I think that when any of these guys make it 3 years and THEN get the big contact, only a small handful still play hard.  The Rogers, Favres are few and far between.  Sanchez, Wilkerson etc are becoming the norm.  Hard imagine how we would behave. After taxes at age 25-26 Mark had $25 mil in an investment account?     That's now a job for the GM. Figure out who's who. Our GM's have sucked at it. Threw money at bum after bum and let warriors like Cotchery walk.

• Post of the Week 1

On 1/30/2020 at 7:42 AM, southparkcpa said:

He shouldn't have been subtle.  Tanny and REX had a very servicable QB and did NOTHING to help him.  We draft Kyle Wilson when a Gronk is on the board.  This teams management philosophy is awful.  Just awful.  Why? Becasue the owner hasn't a clue. 

So what your saying is Tanny drafting KWilson was Woodys fault?  Woody gets credit then for D’Brick, Mangold, Revis, Harris, etc

Blamed for letting his football people who got the team to two AFCCGs.

Blamed for not being an owner/GM?

Sanchez was given Braylon, Holmes, etc, etc.  Plaxico helped develop Ben & Eli but gets beat up for what?  Shooting himself?

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So what your saying is Tanny drafting KWilson was Woodys fault?  Woody gets credit then for D’Brick, Mangold, Revis, Harris, etc

Blamed for letting his football people who got the team to two AFCCGs.

Blamed for not being an owner/GM?

Sanchez was given Braylon, Holmes, etc, etc.  Plaxico helped develop Ben & Eli but gets beat up for what?  Shooting himself?

You must be Woody.  Our team doesn't have a top down mission that stems from a smart, goal oriented, driven owner. He gets bamboozled by a blowhard like Rex.Hires a weak minded GM like Tanny.  For the 19th time, you think Woody is fine.. I think he is a schmuck.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I think that when any of these guys make it 3 years and THEN get the big contact, only a small handful still play hard.  The Rogers, Favres are few and far between.  Sanchez, Wilkerson etc are becoming the norm.  Hard imagine how we would behave. After taxes at age 25-26 Mark had $25 mil in an investment account?     That's now a job for the GM. Figure out who's who. Our GM's have sucked at it. Threw money at bum after bum and let warriors like Cotchery walk.

Agreed. Sanchez seems like a great kid/guy, always has....but you could always tell he didn’t really care enough and there were always reports swirling around his work ethic

15 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You must be Woody.  Our team doesn't have a top down mission that stems from a smart, goal oriented, driven owner. He gets bamboozled by a blowhard like Rex.Hires a weak minded GM like Tanny.  For the 19th time, you think Woody is fine.. I think he is a schmuck.

I’m logical 

You just hate him.  He’s not even here

Now the successful GM was weak.  

And no I don’t think he’a a schmuck for absolutely all the wrong reasons. For hiring a GM who got us to back to back CGs

Or just to bitch 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

That's really good fake news, congrats.  Sanchez won twice as many playoff games in half as many starts.  Gee, that sounds pretty good.  Chad had 8 TD's and 8 INT's.  Mark had 9 TD's and 3 INT's.  That sounds pretty good too.  Wait-  so you must be talking about rating, right?  Chad 77.3, Mark 93.4.  That sounds pretty good.  Hmm.  Wait-  I get it, you're talking about how deep each went in the playoffs.  Oops. 

I highly encourage you to watch the following games from the 2010 season-  Denver, Detroit, Houston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis.  Just watch the 4th quarters.  You know, the ones in those 6 games that turned 6-10 into 11-5 and a huge divisional round win in New England.  The best quarterbacking we've seen in 50 years.

That's truly funny, saying that Chad Pennington could play back-to-back seasons.  LOL.  Ha ha ha.  Ho ho ho.  He he he.

My kid believes in the tooth fairy.  He's 7.

SAR I

God you're brainless.  "Better career stats"  ITS BASIC FACTUAL DATA

Chad         66% 17K yards, 102 tds 64 ints 90 QB rating  44 career wins

Sanchez    57%  15K yards 86 tds 89 ints 73 QB rating  37 career wins

As an aside, if you would like to cherry pick games for me to watch, should I watch the 5 int game vs Buffalo? The 3 int 9-0 loss to GB?  How about any from his 18 int season in 2012?

Sanchez was protected by an elite OL and defense and didnt throw for over 200 yards in any of the playoff wins.  Yep, he had clutch throws, that I loved watching because im a Jet fan, but Im also not brainless.  If sanchez was good, he would be good.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m logical 

You just hate him.  He’s not even here

Now the successful GM was weak.  

And no I don’t think he’a a schmuck for absolutely all the wrong reasons. For hiring a GM who got us to back to back CGs

Or just to bitch 

Tanny was a succesful GM???  He had 2 good drafts. 2 and is basically a laughing stock in the league now. Without his inheritance, Woody would be selling school supplies.  His brother would be the Good Humor man. They have NO business acumen and that flows down in the organization.

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Tanny was a succesful GM???  He had 2 good drafts. 2 and is basically a laughing stock in the league now. Without his inheritance, Woody would be selling school supplies.  His brother would be the Good Humor man. They have NO business acumen and that flows down in the organization.

Back to back his team was one game from the SB.   with a young team
That’s pretty successful, yes. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, BCJet said:

God you're brainless.  "Better career stats"  ITS BASIC FACTUAL DATA

Chad         66% 17K yards, 102 tds 64 ints 90 QB rating  44 career wins

Sanchez    57%  15K yards 86 tds 89 ints 73 QB rating  37 career wins

As an aside, if you would like to cherry pick games for me to watch, should I watch the 5 int game vs Buffalo? The 3 int 9-0 loss to GB?  How about any from his 18 int season in 2012?

Sanchez was protected by an elite OL and defense and didnt throw for over 200 yards in any of the playoff wins.  Yep, he had clutch throws, that I loved watching because im a Jet fan, but Im also not brainless.  If sanchez was good, he would be good.

L3IJL444ZJHDDJQF3J3XBWWFZA.jpg

Oh, so Pennington didn't have an elite OL?  And Pennington didn't have an elite RB?  Funny, I see two Hall Of Famers, but that's just me.  Or maybe the mustard jackets they wear.

Pennington was made of glass.  He ruined half the seasons he played here.  Healthy-Hurt-Healty-Hurt-Healthy-Hurt.  You use that as an excuse.  Yet when we say Sanchez had his throwing shoulder blown out in a preseason game, ah, that's not an injury.  He was fine. 

Chad Pennington was a fraud.  A lousy, weak-armed, unhealthy, fraud.

SAR I

Mark Sanchez was dumped by the Jets and after that, has travels around the league and eventually into oblivion should tell you all you need to know about what the league at large thought about him.  The cream always rises.  Sanchez sank like a stone into the endless pit of crappy QB's.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Oh, so Pennington didn't have an elite OL?  And Pennington didn't have an elite RB?  Funny, I see two Hall Of Famers, but that's just me.  Or maybe the mustard jackets they wear.

Pennington was made of glass.  He ruined half the seasons he played here.  Healthy-Hurt-Healty-Hurt-Healthy-Hurt.  You use that as an excuse.  Yet when we say Sanchez had his throwing shoulder blown out in a preseason game, ah, that's not an injury.  He was fine. 

SAR I

Please point to where I discounted Sanchez being hurt, or where I said Chad wasn't injury prone, or where I used his injuries as an excuse. 

Chad was a better player then Sanchez as evidenced by his better career.  Thats gonna be true no matter how you try to frame and re-frame your poor argument  

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

NEVER won more than 10 games as a JET ....  maybe the smartest QB the Jets ever had but I’m with you.  

• Post of the Week 1