Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And its not sustainable to try to make him a pass rusher.  Offensive Coordinators will see that coming this year.

We're far, far better off with an average Safety + trying to draft a legit EDGE rusher or 2 in the next 2 drafts than paying Jamal $18M+ to try to be the EDGE/LB/S hybrid.  

An experienced QB loves to see a safety blitz. Tom Brady could have played the last six games against the Jets wearing pajamas and slippers

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Robby just didn’t wanna be here anymore. I tried to tell you.

I think that's a lazy analysis being we all know the last two and possibly three years were just option years. I hate it even more when players sign long terms deals then complain a year or so into it about restructuring.

Just now, TeddEY said:

It's why the Prez moniker is so perfect.  He spends significantly more time telling you how great he is than proving it.

I certainly agree he has too high opinion of himself.  He is very good but he is not as great as he thinks he is 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

An experienced QB loves to see a safety blitz. Tom Brady could have played the last six games against the Jets wearing pajamas and slippers

This is what I would love to see someone evaluate.  How often does a team make a play because Jamal Adams is out of his traditional position?  Beating up on Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins isn't worth 15% of the cap.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I think that's a lazy analysis being we all know the last two and possibly three years were just option years. I hate it even more when players sign long terms deals then complain a year or so into it about restructuring.

Really ironic.

i think it’s a lazy analysis to deem the last two and possibly three years option years without having a shred of evidence to suggest this lol.

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This is what I would love to see someone evaluate.  How often does a team make a play because Jamal Adams is out of his traditional position?  Beating up on Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins isn't worth 15% of the cap.

I think a great case example of this phenomenon would be contrasting the two Dolphins games last year. Fitzpatrick spun Adams around like a top in the first meeting and wasn’t nearly as effective in the second game when Adams was out.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Adams freaked out because the trade wasn’t consummated. He acted butthurt over being mentioned in trade talks, then Clark and Irvin both came out separately and said that Jamal Adams was talking to each of them about getting dealt to the Cowboys. Jamal’s temper tantrum was a self-serving bit of woe-is-me victimization at a time when the team was 1-7 and trying to hold it together. That’s not leadership. You know what leadership looks like? It was LeVeon Bell publicly stating that he wanted to stay with the Jets as opposed to potentially going to the Chiefs or Eagles where he could have flourished on significantly better offenses. What Adams did was an embarrassment and he was outed as a liar by two of his closest confidantes. You’ll also note that not one of Jamal’s teammates backed him up during that week-long tirade. 

Ehhh, I think there’s a lot of “I know Van a Roten, he went to my high school, we’re a tight knit group” type of stuff going on here.

Idk what really happened there. JD is open to trade him, Jamal is a bit of a drama queen, and then they made up. That’s what we know for sure. 

Attributing motivations and machinations beyond that is speculative and seemingly can be spun whichever way is best for any argument.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think a great case example of this phenomenon would be contrasting the two Dolphins games last year. Fitzpatrick spun Adams around like a top in the first meeting and wasn’t nearly as effective in the second game when Adams was out.

The sample size is small, and the opponent is bad, but it is the only example of Adams in a game vs out of a game.  Even at the most superficial level, you can say that the Jets defense didn't miss him, and the team won the game without him.

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Ehhh, I think there’s a lot of “I know Van a Roten, he went to my high school, we’re a tight knit group” type of stuff going on here.

Idk what really happened there. JD is open to trade him, Jamal is a bit of a drama queen, and then they made up. That’s what we know for sure. 

Attributing motivations and machinations beyond that is speculative and seemingly can spun whichever way is best for any argument.

They're all on record. Clark was all over ESPN with it, Irvin was in the Dallas papers with it, and Jamal, when confronted with it, gave some weak excuse that Irvin is “like my uncle” and he grew up in the DFW area and of course he dreamed of being a Cowboy. 

Just now, TeddEY said:

The sample size is small, and the opponent is bad, but it is the only example of Adams in a game vs out of a game.  Even at the most superficial level, you can say that the Jets defense didn't miss him, and the team won the game without him.

In fact, the defense got shredded with him in the lineup, he blatantly was out of position on two of the TDs, blamed Darryl Roberts for one of them after the game, and then that defense didn’t give up a single TD in the second game without him. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They're all on record. Clark was all over ESPN with it, Irvin was in the Dallas papers with it, and Jamal, when confronted with it, gave some weak excuse that Irvin is “like my uncle” and he grew up in the DFW area and if course he dreamed of being a Cowboy. 

The only thing that’s confirmed is that Jamal was open to going to Dallas - his childhood favorite team. We don’t know whether he pushed to be traded or whether JD was already shopping him and then Jamal said, well if you’re going to deal me, Dallas come get me. 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Really ironic.

i think it’s a lazy analysis to deem the last two and possibly three years option years without having a shred of evidence to suggest this lol.

Because that's hows NFL contracts work and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're clearly aware of this. Add in the caliber of player Robby is and it's a great assumption that up to 1 or 2 years of his deal was guaranteed.

No way is he walking away from $20M in guaranteed.

21 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Which banned poster is @GeorgeJetson by the way?

Speaking of banned posters.... Was Joewilley12 perma-banned....

I know my post count screams new.... But I've been here in the shadows forever.

Posting here always seemed like screaming into a chasm so I never registered..... Obviously recently I decided screaming into a chasm was a good idea.

Shout out to @T0mShane , I've followed your artwork for years. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

Posting here always seemed like screaming into a chasm so I never registered..... Obviously recently I decided screaming into a chasm was a good idea.

No. JW has been back for almost a week now.

1 minute ago, British Jet said:

We're sitting here imploding about Perriman being a poor man's Anderson.

Vikings go and replace Diggs with Tajae Sharpe....

Incorrect. 

The Vikings are most likely planning on replacing Diggs with someone they draft in April - like many other teams in the league. 

Again, it's all about this WR draft class. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Incorrect. 

The Vikings are most likely planning on replacing Diggs with someone they draft in April - like many other teams in the league. 

Again, it's all about this WR draft class. 

Ah I see, please let everyone else know we didn't replace Anderson with Perriman. That's a relief! ?

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

jw12 will never be permabanned, drives too much content and doesn't step quite far enough over the line.  He's been a lot quieter since his reinstatement though.

7 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Because that's hows NFL contracts work and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're clearly aware of this. Add in the caliber of player Robby is and it's a great assumption that up to 1 or 2 years of his deal was guaranteed.

No way is he walking away from $20M in guaranteed.

I feel like our contract offered more in the second year since we’re throwing darts here. What is Robby making in year 2 of his Panthers contract? I doubt it’s guaranteed either. 4 year contract likely means year 2 was of more significance than year 2 in a 2 year contract. If you see what I’m saying here.

9 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The only thing that’s confirmed is that Jamal was open to going to Dallas - his childhood favorite team. We don’t know whether he pushed to be traded or whether JD was already shopping him and then Jamal said, well if you’re going to deal me, Dallas come get me. 

1. Jamal was open to going to Dallas

2. Rumor emerges that Jerry called Douglas.

3. Irvin and Clark confirm Jamal wanted to be in Dallas.

4. Trade falls through.

5. Jamal: How dare Joe Douglas try to trade me to Dallas! For a week.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

1. Jamal was open to going to Dallas

2. Rumor emerges that Jerry called Douglas.

3. Irvin and Clark confirm Jamal wanted to be in Dallas.

4. Trade falls through.

5. Jamal: How dare Joe Douglas try to trade me to Dallas! For a week.

The origin of that chain of events, as I understood it, was

1. Jets put Adams on the trade block

then everything else happens as you say. That does change the situation. 

4 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The origin of that chain of events, as I understood it, was

1. Jets put Adams on the trade block

then everything else happens as you say. That does change the situation. 

Except the Jets didn’t put him on the trade block. Dallas called thinking we were starting a fire sale after trading Leo and JD answered the phone.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

As long as you get there, we don't care about the path you took!

lol. 

I'm not against trading Adams. Never have been. 

I just want a big haul (1st + 3rd). 

But I'm just tired of hearing about him. The only two things people talk about on here are whether or not to trade Adams and reevaluating Darnold every 12.4 seconds. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Except the Jets didn’t put him on the trade block. Dallas called thinking we were starting a fire sale after trading Leo and JD answered the phone.

I think the point is; he didn’t try to force his way out before that phone call. 

It cannot be said that Jamal, out of the blue, pushed to be traded. Nor can it be said that he wasn’t open to leave for Dallas. That’s where we’re at. And none of it offends me, either from Joe D or from Jamal.