Jville, Spoot, AJ, drums

Don't feel good about:

Jets, dicker, PAC

No clue

Verbal, Hess, ballin, dice

Trying to get him to come out and play.

• Upvote 3

vote ape

The chaotic and hectic gameplay may be good for experienced players trying to polarize there meta but I personally find it destabilizing and I don't think I'm alone with several newer players. I don't get how he was so confident in the push for 80 and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was arrogant enough to take out one of his own with the thought he could leverage that town equity in a win. Lastly he has been dripping with desperation which seems like team scum knows they're going down.

I wanted the hammer on ape but don't know if I'll be available so getting this in now 

Day 3 VoteCount 

Ape (5) -  JETS, dicker, beaver, spoot, barry 

Nolderp (2) - stark , ballin

JETS (1) - jvll51

Stark (1) - Dice

Verbal(4) - Nolderp, Pac, hesshole, aj

Spoot (1) - ape

With 16 Players alive it takes 9 Votes to Lynch

Deadline: 5pm Friday

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

vote ape

The chaotic and hectic gameplay may be good for experienced players trying to polarize there meta but I personally find it destabilizing and I don't think I'm alone with several newer players. I don't get how he was so confident in the push for 80 and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was arrogant enough to take out one of his own with the thought he could leverage that town equity in a win. Lastly he has been dripping with desperation which seems like team scum knows they're going down.

I wanted the hammer on ape but don't know if I'll be available so getting this in now 

First bold: not a case for why I'm scum

Second bold: narrative

Third bold: narrative

Sharrow-mode: OFF

None of the reasons given are tied to any vote movement, logic, or fact. This is sorta what JIF did, and why I was convinced he was scum. Sometimes, as town, we can do this - we jump at the shadows and manufacture narratives that we buy into ourselves. The problem is, when we dump them into the thread and other people consume them, it comes across as narrative. So, even with the best intent, our town play comes across as scummy.

I'd encourage you to re-evaluate my play based on logic and facts. Rather than theories. That is, if you're town. If you're scum, then this is precisely why I play this way - my behavior is just like a tasty, juicy steak for scum - they often can't help but try to use it to get me lynched, and it may not always be immediately evident - but eventually after I die, the efficacy of their cases on me will ring out to those that put in the work.

If you're town, the lesson here is that you need to be able to discern the difference between chaos and obfuscation. Obfuscation helps scum hide. I'm driving chaos, with intent to draw scum out. I know for new people it can be a bit much, and I've been pretty mild here. The reality is, you won't be able to really start hunting scum until you can see through the cloud of dust, and identify when and where people are being manipulative. Now, I say this having learned full-well from failure... that when I'm driving chaos AND trying to discern agendas it becomes unwieldy at times. I am usually best at picking one or the other. My best scum hunting comes when I'm lucid and not trying to drive reactions. When I pick chaos, I rely on other good scum hunters to observe and report - because my role is to create moments that force people to act, speak, and do.

Day 3 VoteCount 

Ape (5) -  JETS, dicker, beaver, spoot, barry 

Nolderp (2) - stark , ballin

JETS (1) - jvll51

Stark (1) - Dice

Verbal(5) - Nolderp, Pac, hesshole, aj, ape 

With 16 Players alive it takes 9 Votes to Lynch

Deadline: 5pm Friday

9 hours ago, A.J. said:

Ballin is being inconsistent with his scum reads so that’s a problem. Nolder/Decker bottom two feels really easy too

Spoot just now might’ve raised an ugly head. It’s curious to me he’d attack Pac for his NK theory but otherwise ignored it from others 

Ape is switching on and off between sh*tposting and gameplay. It’s cluttering the thread and going to make rereads a pain in the ass later. I could lynch him just to remove the noise 

Nothing inconsistent about it.  As of now I don't have Stark as scum in my opinion.  I've raised my concerns with Nolder.  As for you quoting my posts in regards to not holding Stark for the actions of 80 and doing so as far as Chimp with Nolder, this is because I've pegged Nolder as scummy before this and now I'm trying to piece it together where I don't feel that way about Stark so it's not the same thing in retrospect.  

56 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

First bold: not a case for why I'm scum

Second bold: narrative

Third bold: narrative

Sharrow-mode: OFF

None of the reasons given are tied to any vote movement, logic, or fact. This is sorta what JIF did, and why I was convinced he was scum. Sometimes, as town, we can do this - we jump at the shadows and manufacture narratives that we buy into ourselves. The problem is, when we dump them into the thread and other people consume them, it comes across as narrative. So, even with the best intent, our town play comes across as scummy.

I'd encourage you to re-evaluate my play based on logic and facts. Rather than theories. That is, if you're town. If you're scum, then this is precisely why I play this way - my behavior is just like a tasty, juicy steak for scum - they often can't help but try to use it to get me lynched, and it may not always be immediately evident - but eventually after I die, the efficacy of their cases on me will ring out to those that put in the work.

If you're town, the lesson here is that you need to be able to discern the difference between chaos and obfuscation. Obfuscation helps scum hide. I'm driving chaos, with intent to draw scum out. I know for new people it can be a bit much, and I've been pretty mild here. The reality is, you won't be able to really start hunting scum until you can see through the cloud of dust, and identify when and where people are being manipulative. Now, I say this having learned full-well from failure... that when I'm driving chaos AND trying to discern agendas it becomes unwieldy at times. I am usually best at picking one or the other. My best scum hunting comes when I'm lucid and not trying to drive reactions. When I pick chaos, I rely on other good scum hunters to observe and report - because my role is to create moments that force people to act, speak, and do.

If I was scum I'd be more than happy to have you hanging around.

14 hours ago, Beaver said:

As I said earlier.   My dumbass really did think chimp wa the town cop and knew something I didn’t.   And I was back and forth on JiF and Ape at the time.

You're new....I find this hard to believe.

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Glad I gave you this idea to use in your excuses.

Zero chance a player who was scum last game where the cop died early is picking up subtleties like this about a possible cop  tell. You’re lying.

Agreed, as I'm saying the same thing above - this is a ping for sure by Beaver.

13 hours ago, Pac said:

I'm legit shocked that people refuse to vote Verb..  I don't get it.

You are really bad at this game.

13 hours ago, HessStation said:

I think Verb’s lack of doing anything stands out. His one thing is on Ballin’s error which could be a good catch but also semantical and doing nothing else. Also, Ape won’t touch him after their skirmish during night which seems fake now. 

EAD.

12 hours ago, Pac said:

I am a highly instinctual player and don't need a manifesto of evidence to spot scum..  Usually all it takes is a handful of posts.  That's part of what makes me the greatest natural scum hunter in the northern hemisphere.

I've played with Verb for a decade..  There was a heated 80/Verb battle on day 1 and at some point I believe Verb may have even unvoted 80 and started looking elsewhere (I have to double check).  That is not town Verb.  He usually would revel in a potential 80 day 1 lynch.  80's flip makes it all awfully convenient.

Then flash forward to day 2..  Ape and JiF are making love all over the game and Verb slithers in with a few cheap takes, some non-descript posts, then bails without placing a vote.  

This ain't rocket science..  I don't need a War and Peace case..  In fact the only time I usually go back and create long cases are near end game or if I'm scum.

So me leaving 80 for a bit and then coming back EARLY on his lynch is bad?  Don't you think it would have been easier for me to just park my vote and never get heat for that?  Think, moron.  I had an iron clad reason to park a D1 vote and not get heat for it, especially with how 80 likes bussing and we always vote each other.  For me to move my vote puts MORE emphasis on me early, which is the opposite of what I'd want if I was scum.

4 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

@verb   in the post i quoted above    isnt that a bit of a stretch?

No, not really.  

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

Trying to get him to come out and play.

Dude....you've spent the whole game pussyfooting around and not wanting to put in any work - practically your words, too.  New style and all that.

Insinuation that I'm not playing is ******* dumb.

To address Nyn's comments re: me early D1, as I can see some folks talking about it:

It was D1, and early to boot.  I had yet to really start posting and she and I haven't played together in quite a while.....I think she was a little concerned that I had not yet reached out to her or engaged her in any way.  It is well known that she's an excellent player, and she happens to read me extremely well regardless of my alignment.  Her death makes it look like I killed her, because......well..... would have probably done it if I was scum.

I can't really argue that point, so all I can think is that I was set up.  And literally Pac & Spoot are the 2 main people still bringing it up, so......yeah.

I honestly don't want to vote Ape today.  I really did think one of him/JiF had to be scum, but I'm rethinking that now.

I really think Hess is the SK and wagging his SK dick in our faces.  A few of you seem inclined to open your mouth, lol.  I don't want to kill him yet, and he still has work to do in shooting more scum.

If I need to die today to remove any weird lingering doubts, so be it.  Just make it fast and let 80 come back to life for the hammer.

27 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Dude....you've spent the whole game pussyfooting around and not wanting to put in any work - practically your words, too.  New style and all that.

Insinuation that I'm not playing is ******* dumb.

Don't make this about me.

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

Don't make this about me.

Then don't be a hypocrite.

1 minute ago, A.J. said:

Verb you don’t even have a vote on the board and you’re acquiescing to being lynched already?

Yes.  I will definitely place a vote, though.

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

Nothing inconsistent about it.  As of now I don't have Stark as scum in my opinion.  I've raised my concerns with Nolder.  As for you quoting my posts in regards to not holding Stark for the actions of 80 and doing so as far as Chimp with Nolder, this is because I've pegged Nolder as scummy before this and now I'm trying to piece it together where I don't feel that way about Stark so it's not the same thing in retrospect.  

So like I said, inconsistent. Using evidence that is convenient for your case but disregarding it elsewhere when you don’t agree.

This is bad logic at best and selective ignorance at worst.

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Then don't be a hypocrite.

Or how about you handle your sh*t and I'll handle mine. You want to vote me for something go right ahead but don't throw a tantrum and direct it at me because you disappeared and everyone noticed.

Just now, Nolder said:

Or how about you handle your sh*t and I'll handle mine. You want to vote me for something go right ahead but don't throw a tantrum and direct it at me because you disappeared and everyone noticed.

Disappeared?  It was the ******* evening, I've been doing that for the entire 13 years I've been playing mafia.

What a silly thing to say.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

My response was also accurate.  You said you were playing a different way, an "in the moment" way that sounded (to me) like a way to not do work.  Which is fine, you play the way you want to play, I support that.

But if you plan on firing shots at me, expect a return volley, and expect it to come back with emphasis.