Tim Tebow throws shade at the NYJ

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

The story I heard was that Bradway who wasn’t GM then wanted to draft Wilson and was persistent about it but nobody listened to him. I’m not sure about Rex but I remember reading a story about others in the org joking about how hard Bradway pushed for Wilson. 

And we had the #1 overall pick 2 years in a row but Peyton stayed in school both times.  And we missed Favre by 1 pick.  And we had a scout that pushed really hard for Tom Brady but Parcells said no because we drafted Chad already that year.

Between those QBs and letting Belichick slip through our fingers, we’re probably just a hair away from being the premiere franchise in the NFL.  Instead we’re still laughingstocks. 

• Upvote 1

The story that came out when Denver traded Tim was that Tebow had a choice of going to the Jets or the Jags. And he chose the Jets. Not sure why maybe because more visibility in New York and he is committed to spreading a religious and inspirational message. That’s my speculation you’d think ordinarily he’d prefer Florida his home state. That turned out to be a huge mistake in his career because he would have had more of an opportunity to play with the Jags. His Jets experience was a bummer. He also maybe for similar reasons again just my speculation chose to sign with the Mets. Look before he was injured he was hitting .170 in AAA. Anyone else would have been released with that kind of production. But fans were going out to see him and the team making money. 

The Jets (i.e., Woody Johnson) decision to sigh Tebow right after they threw a ton of money at Mark Sanchez was an extraordinarily stupid move by ordinary NFL standards but par for the course of the hapless Jets who were more interested in winning the back page than football games.  Tebow was not up to NFL QB standards.  He does a lot of good things for young people with disabilities so I admire him for that and give him a pass.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, TMAC said:

The Jets (i.e., Woody Johnson) decision to sigh Tebow right after they threw a ton of money at Mark Sanchez was an extraordinarily stupid move by ordinary NFL standards but par for the course of the hapless Jets who were more interested in winning the back page than football games.  Tebow was not up to NFL QB standards.  He does a lot of good things for young people with disabilities so I admire him for that and give him a pass.

The Jets did not acquire tebow to be a QB.  He was acquired to be a Brad Smith type.  Unfortunately Tim thought he was a QB and refused to buy in to the Smith role.  He could have been a really good player in that role.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:45 PM, New York Mick said:

Am I missing something? He seems to be taking the piss out of himself and the lady can’t throw a punch. 

Yeah exactly seems self-deprecating to me.

Bunch of tough-talking ninnies on this board.

10 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Tough choice between him and Favre when it comes to my most hated Jet of all time.

His act is so f*cking fake it’s hilarious. Self centred trash.

How is this a contest?  Favre won us games and if he didn’t get injured we make the playoffs and make a run in 2008

Tebow did NOTHING here and was nothing more than a stupid publicity stunt by the Idiotic Johnsons to grab headlines away from the giants

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

How is this a contest?  Favre won us games and if he didn’t get injured we make the playoffs and make a run in 2008

Tebow did NOTHING here and was nothing more than a stupid publicity stunt by the Idiotic Johnsons to grab headlines away from the giants

I don’t blame that on Tebow because he didn’t get a chance to play. Rex let him throw like 8 passes all season. I would have liked to see him play more as a Qb. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

There have been worse players than Favre but he’s an egotistical piece of sh*t who I was delighted to see the back of.

Used us a stepping stone over some pissy revenge plot against the Packers because they moved on with a far better, younger QB. Expected them to allow him to feign retirement at will while Rodgers rode the bench.

Then he refuses to break his streak and rest from an injury which pretty much killed our playoff hopes. Looked like a blind Chad Pennington in his final weeks. A catastrophe which lead to an historic collapse. Mangini also should have had the balls to bench him.

He was also pretty overrated generally throughout his career. Not to Tebow levels but another media darling who got more coverage than his play deserved.

On 4/18/2020 at 7:47 PM, Rangers9 said:

I don’t blame that on Tebow because he didn’t get a chance to play. Rex let him throw like 8 passes all season. I would have liked to see him play more as a Qb. 

Because Tebow didn’t know the offense and was atrocious in preseason and practice

If Tebow was so good why did Belichick cut him the next season