2021 Draft Picks for the Jets

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, it’s never too early.

Is this what we have?

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 (Giants), 6, 6 (Patriots), 7?

Is there still a conditional pick in Round 7 for a trade with Seattle?

I think we only have 1 6th.  The pick we got from the Pats was the same 6 that we sent their way for Demaryius Thomas.  We entered the draft without a 2021 6 and ended with our original pick back.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lith said:

I think we only have 1 6th.  The pick we got from the Pats was the same 6 that we sent their way for Demaryius Thomas.  We entered the draft without a 2021 6 and ended with our original pick back.

You're right! But also had heard we have 9 picks next year.  Is there an extra 7th from Seattle?

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 (Giants), 6 (Patriots), 7, 7 (Seattle)

14 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I thought we got a 4th from the Giants next year cause they resigned Leonard Williams

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

He didn't sign a contract by the start of the League year in March so it reverts to a 5th round pick.  Leo just signed his franchise tag the other day I believe. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, jetstream23 said:

Okay, check this out....

282935132_ScreenShot2020-04-26at11_56_17AM.thumb.png.24758839e1a33ca8ca4b7761bbe75837.png

I can;t believe I just strained my eyes like I did to read that stuff I already knew lol 

But the Hawks Cut Nickerson before the season if I remember correctly. I would doubt any conditions were met and the pick looks like a long shot

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2020 at 2:15 PM, win4ever said:

I love Tamorrion Terry next year, I think he’s almost assured to be a first round guy. Absolute stud.

He has a limited route tree, but just ridiculous upside.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I also like Sage Surratt. Everyone covets speed and thats not the first thing that pops out at you with him, but the dude is a beast. He's got great, hands, athleticism, production, makes contested catches and is a load to bring down. And this is a guy who probably won't go in Rd. 1 because people will be talking about how he's not fast enough. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/5-play-prospect--wake-forest-wr-sage-surratt

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 12:35 AM, jetstream23 said:

Is this what we have?

Can we get an updated one after the Jamal trade? I can’t find our draft pick status for 2021 post trade. 

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Never!  And...we got robbed of our trip to Vegas this year for the real draft!  I was ready to see @Paradis openly crying on the Vegas Strip as the Jets landed Denzel Mims.

They will be back in Vegas in 2022.  May as well mark it down on the calendar now.  I am sure Paradis will have plenty of new prospects to weep over by then. 

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Douglas turn one of those 3rds into a 2022 2nd rounder either.  The ole "pay it forward" strategy.

Depends on who is available, but I would rather use the 3rd and try to add some talent in 2021.  5 picks in the top 100 can really help make over the roster.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Never!  And...we got robbed of our trip to Vegas this year for the real draft!  I was ready to see @Paradis openly crying on the Vegas Strip as the Jets landed Denzel Mims.

you would have had to look out for me like a handler with his drunken midget - that night. 

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2020 at 12:35 AM, jetstream23 said:

Is this what we have?

On 4/26/2020 at 9:40 AM, Lith said:

There's still some dispute over WHOSE 6th rounder we have, but it looks like Lith is right and we have one 6th?

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/Jets.htm

Round 6
Jets

Jets

Patriots
Patriots

Traded • Demaryius Thomas to Jets for • 2021 sixth round pick (?-?) on 2019-09-10

Jets

Jets

Traded • 2020 third round pick (#101-Dalton Keene) to Patriots for • 2020 fourth round pick (#125-James Morgan) • 2020 fourth round pick (#129-Cameron Clark) • 2021 sixth round pick (?-?) on 2020-04-24

Unconfirmed if pick is Cowboys, Jets, Patriots pick.

• Sympathy 1

On 7/26/2020 at 2:13 PM, jetstream23 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Douglas turn one of those 3rds into a 2022 2nd rounder either.  The ole "pay it forward" strategy.

Sliding back with one of those 2021 firsts to pickup a 2nd 2021 2nd rounder would be nice too. Would make turning a 3rd into a 2022 2nd a lot easier to swallow in 2021 too. We now know JD can actually negotiate trade downs too, so not out of the question.

• 1st (trade down)
  • 1st (seattle)
  • 2nd
  • 2nd (from trade down)
  • 3rd
  • 3rd
  • 4th
  • 5th
  • 5th
  • 6th
  • 7th

If we did both of those we'd have 2 1sts and 2 2nds in back to back drafts.

jacking off charles barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sliding back with one of those 2021 firsts to pickup a 2nd 2021 2nd rounder would be nice too. Would make turning a 3rd into a 2022 2nd a lot easier to swallow in 2021 too. We now know JD can actually negotiate trade downs too, so not out of the question.

• 1st (trade down)
  • 1st (seattle)
  • 2nd
  • 2nd (from trade down)
  • 3rd
  • 3rd
  • 4th
  • 5th
  • 5th
  • 6th
  • 7th

If we did both of those we'd have 2 1sts and 2 2nds in back to back drafts.

jacking off charles barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

I like this idea.  The middle-back end of the 1st is kind of a sweet spot because you get a cheap player AND the crucial 5th year option. 

So ending up with a couple picks in the 20s/30s of the first round and a whole bunch of picks overall is pretty great if you can pull it off.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I like this idea.  The middle-back end of the 1st is kind of a sweet spot because you get a cheap player AND the crucial 5th year option. 

So ending up with a couple picks in the 20s/30s of the first round and a whole bunch of picks overall is pretty great if you can pull it off.  

That’s the point I was going to make.  I like those late 1sts because of the 5th year option.  Those are low dollar contracts (relatively speaking) for players taken late in Round 1....but if you hit on them then that’s a lot of leverage.

• Sympathy 2