Denzel Memes

On 5/6/2020 at 6:14 PM, Wonderboy said:

What number will the Jets assign to Mims? 

88 Al Toon/Rich Caster  85 Wesley Walker  83 George Sauer/Moss   89 Cotchery   85 Moore  19 Keyshawn 

87 Coles   80 Chrebet   13 Maynard   

I'll go with 88

15 ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

Montgomery has 88... that was a funny number for a r.b. anyway.

Montgomery started his career as a WR with the Packers.  They drafted him out of Stanford in the 3rd round as a WR.  He kept the # even after being converted to a RB in his 2nd season (2016).  

I think it was a combination of him not being able to cut it as a slot receiver AND the Packers suffering several RB injuries (Eddie Lacy, James Starks) in 2016 that caused the Packers to experiment and make the switch.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, OBD LOL said:

I thought we already had Robbie Anderson?!

Even if Mims is a Robby Anderson clone (he's not), we have him under team control for the next 4 years on # 59 pick money, whereas the Panthers are paying Anderson $20M over the next 2 seasons.

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2020 at 1:14 PM, Wonderboy said:

What number will the Jets assign to Mims? 

88 Al Toon/Rich Caster  85 Wesley Walker  83 George Sauer/Moss   89 Cotchery   85 Moore  19 Keyshawn 

87 Coles   80 Chrebet   13 Maynard   

I'll go with 88

5 seems good no? 

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Why no?   lol

Cna WR have 5? 

I doubt he wears 5.. He is the saving grace WR for this franchise and should be assigned a number from one of he great WR's from this franchise.  5 aint cutting it.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, derp said:

Saw the speculation is he wanted #11 for the eleven WR's taken ahead of him...which would make more sense if there wasn't also a twelfth WR taken ahead of him.

No, he wanted it for the 11 TEAMS that took WR's before he went.  The Broncos selected 2 WR's (Jeudy at # 15, Hamler at # 46) prior to Mims going at 59.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, he wanted it for the 11 TEAMS that took WR's before he went.  The Broncos selected 2 WR's (Jeudy at # 15, Hamler at # 46) prior to Mims going at 59.  

That would be reasonable, whoever I saw speculating must have had it mixed up. He’ll look good in 11 if that’s the route he goes.

23 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

I doubt he wears 5.. He is the saving grace WR for this franchise and should be assigned a number from one of he great WR's from this franchise.  5 aint cutting it.  

It;'s funny to hear you say that.  I get it and I would like to see and 88 or 85 but I also liek that odewa of someone cutting their own path through the forest. Like KJ with #19.  No one had that before him and now look at it out there.  That;s how I'd see it.  But can't happen anyway It seems. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It;'s funny to hear you say that.  I get it and I would like to see and 88 or 85 but I also liek that odewa of someone cutting their own path through the forest. Like KJ with #19.  No one had that before him and now look at it out there.  That;s how I'd see it.  But can't happen anyway It seems. 

how about 59