Colin predicts the AFC division

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Why is everyone so high on Buffalo? Jets barely lost to them in last year's opener with Darnold playing with mono and Kaare Vedvik missing kicks that were the difference in the score. 

I don’t get it either

I think they have a damn good defense, but what else is even remotely intimidating about that team?

They’re essentially a lesser version of the Jaguars from a few years back. 

And if Diggs was constantly bitching about Cousins behind the scenes, then what is he going to do when Allen is constantly planting balls in the dirt or sailing them 5 feet over his head?

• Upvote 2

I think Buffalo is the favorite based on the fact that they’ve got better weapons for Allen and their defense is improved. 

But I think the Jets can take them. Last years opener showed that. With CJ Mosley in the game, we were straight kicking their butts. The second he went down, it all went to hell. And our defense was rattling Allen all game long with INT’s and fumbles. He did play well in the 4th quarter though. As our secondary decided it was time to take a break during crunch time. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

I think Buffalo is the favorite based on the fact that they’ve got better weapons for Allen and their defense is improved. 

But I think the Jets can take them. Last years opener showed that. With CJ Mosley in the game, we were straight kicking their butts. The second he went down, it all went to hell. And our defense was rattling Allen all game long with INT’s and fumbles. He did play well in the 4th quarter though. As our secondary decided it was time to take a break during crunch time. 

If Kaare Vedvik is even a semi competent kicker we go 2-0 vs the bills

• Upvote 3

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I agree but it definitely isn’t the majority of opinion.

I think it's really hard to separate Allen, Darnold and Mayfield right now. Everyone has their opinion, and can probably make a good or bad case for any one of them.

Mayfield had a great rookie year, struggled last year. He has a lot to prove this season. I love the kid, but he definitely regressed last year, for whatever reason.

Darnold has been up and down both years. We all know the excuses, but he's like the little girl with the curls. When he's good he's really good, when he's bad, he's really bad. Like the others, he really needs to take the step to at least top 12-16 range in his third year.

Allen was always the "project" guy from that draft, and to his credit, I think he's been better than we thought he'd be. Still needs to get better though, and like the other two he now has talent around him..

It's the third season for these guys, no more excuses. If they don't step up, they probably never will. I can see each of them being starters for another 8-10 years, but the talk of them becoming elite will die down quickly if they don't show out in '20.

• Upvote 2

Bills 11-5

Pats 8-8

Jets 7-9

Dolphins 7-9

I think we're still a year behind the Bills, but I wouldn't be shocked to see us pass the Patriots this year. If Tua heals well, and can get on the field toward the end of this year, the Dolphins are the team that scares me in '21 and beyond. They're the team to watch out for.

• Thumb Down 1

49 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Colin Cowherd >>>>> the two loudmouth idiots on ESPN Stephen A and Max Kellerman 

Cowherd can be a little annoying, but nowhere near as annoying as the other blowhards (Stephen A., Kellerman, Sharpe, Bayless, etc). 

He has a Man Crush on Darnold. And I’m ok with that. Sam’s a promising young QB. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Why is everyone so high on Buffalo? Jets barely lost to them in last year's opener with Darnold playing with mono and Kaare Vedvik missing kicks that were the difference in the score. 

EXACTLY

The Bills as some 'elite' team is a joke.  In the entire Allen era they have only beaten 1 team that ended the year with a winning record.  The Titans.  

The 2019 Bills were the Jets in blue uniforms.  Just healthier.  If we weren't so beat up, we'd have gone 10-6 and taken their playoff spot.  

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I just watched the video. Colin was all over the place the last minute or so when he was picking his playoff teams.

I mean jeez, couldn't he just write them down before he did the segment? That was some sloppy s**t.

That is funny and true. Like you knew they were going to record this. How about planning it out a bit.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Bills as some 'elite' team is a joke.  In the entire Allen era they have only beaten 1 team that ended the year with a winning record.  The Titans.  

This statement is false.

Josh beat the 2019 Titans and the 2018 Vikings.

Sam Darnold also has 2 wins vs winning teams. 

The 2018 Colts and the 2019 Bills backups.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

They are very well coached and they are improving their roster each year under McDermott. Not an Allen fan but they are a good team.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

I don't like the hype but I understand it.

They have an elite defense, very good offensive weapons, a decent O-line and a young QB you hope will progress.

Their coaching staff is intact for their 3rd year and they are well coached.

They are also have incredible depth at every single position besides linebacker. For example, the Bills probably have the deepest D-line in the league. Quinton Jefferson, Mario Addison and Vernon Butler were quality starters for their respective teams last year. They are all now backups on the Bills, and they still have Jerry Hughes, Ed Oliver, Harrison Phillips, AJ Epenesa, Star, and Trent Murphy.

The Bills were also capable of playing the elite teams close.

In their games against the Ravens, Texans and Patriots, they all came down to the last possession.

3 hours ago, hamat711 said:

This statement is false.

Josh beat the 2019 Titans and the 2018 Vikings.

Sam Darnold also has 2 wins vs winning teams. 

The 2018 Colts and the 2019 Bills backups.

LOL, the Vikings were 8-7-1.  The point still stands.  Josh Allen, on a supposedly far more talented team with a supposedly superior head coach, can beat the scrubs, can't beat the elites.  It's why you're taking 3rd place in the AFC East this year.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

LOL, the Vikings were 8-7-1.  The point still stands.  Josh Allen, on a supposedly far more talented team with a supposedly superior head coach, can beat the scrubs, can't beat the elites.  It's why you're taking 3rd place in the AFC East this year.

SAR I

At least they can beat the scrubs.

Darnold and Gase lost to the 0-7 Dolphins and 0-11 Bengals.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

EXACTLY

The 2019 Bills were the Jets in blue uniforms.  Just healthier.  If we weren't so beat up, we'd have gone 10-6 and taken their playoff spot.  

SAR I

In the Bills playoff game Allen showed what kind of a QB he is. Good players rise to the occasion when it really counts. Allen choked and looked lost and scared. He's a RB with a strong but very inaccurate throwing arm.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

At least they can beat the scrubs.

Darnold and Gase lost to the 0-7 Dolphins and 0-11 Bengals.

When Darnold was recovering from muscle-debilitating mononucleosis and Gase was facing an NFL-high 18 players on IR.

Despite this, the Jets went on a 6-2 run to end the season.  The Bills?  They finished mired in a 1-4 slump with predictable losses to the Patriots, Ravens, Jets, and Texans.  Four teams playing winning football.  Sound familiar?

You vanished in December and January, why are you here now?  Tip a cow.  It's the closest you're going to get to being a winner this year.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

In the Bills playoff game Allen showed what kind of a QB he is. Good players rise to the occasion when it really counts. Allen choked and looked lost and scared. He's a RB with a strong but very inaccurate throwing arm.

Precisely.

You gotta feel bad for the Bills.  25 years since a playoff win and they drafted the wrong quarterback, again.  And by the time they figure that out?  Window closed.  Jets Division Champs.  Darnold looking like an MVP.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

When Darnold was recovering from muscle-debilitating mononucleosis and Gase was facing an NFL-high 18 players on IR.

Despite this, the Jets went on a 6-2 run to end the season.  The Bills?  They finished mired in a 1-4 slump with predictable losses to the Patriots, Ravens, Jets, and Texans.  Four teams playing winning football.  Sound familiar?

You vanished in December and January, why are you here now?  Tip a cow.  It's the closest you're going to get to being a winner this year.

SAR I

Lol the Bills played the Ravens and Pats close while the Jets got blown out.

And congratulations on barely beating the bills backups. BRAVO!!

6 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Lol the Bills played the Ravens and Pats close while the Jets got blown out.

And congratulations on barely beating the bills backups. BRAVO!!

The Bills were the better team that day and they were at home.  And you lost.  Because Buffalo is a team that plays scared.

You can refer to last year as much as you like.  But you can't say a thing about this year.  Because there are lucky undeserving playoff teams that take steps back every year and tag, you're it.

SAR I

6 hours ago, Prez33 said:

Cowherd can be a little annoying, but nowhere near as annoying as the other blowhards (Stephen A., Kellerman, Sharpe, Bayless, etc). 

He has a Man Crush on Darnold. And I’m ok with that. Sam’s a promising young QB. 

Cowherd is much more often right than wrong and he explains his opinions

Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman know d1ck about nothing 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I think it's really hard to separate Allen, Darnold and Mayfield right now. Everyone has their opinion, and can probably make a good or bad case for any one of them.

Mayfield had a great rookie year, struggled last year. He has a lot to prove this season. I love the kid, but he definitely regressed last year, for whatever reason.

Darnold has been up and down both years. We all know the excuses, but he's like the little girl with the curls. When he's good he's really good, when he's bad, he's really bad. Like the others, he really needs to take the step to at least top 12-16 range in his third year.

Allen was always the "project" guy from that draft, and to his credit, I think he's been better than we thought he'd be. Still needs to get better though, and like the other two he now has talent around him..

It's the third season for these guys, no more excuses. If they don't step up, they probably never will. I can see each of them being starters for another 8-10 years, but the talk of them becoming elite will die down quickly if they don't show out in '20.

More deluded Mayfield midget love

• WTF? 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

Cowherd is much more often right than wrong and he explains his opinions

Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman know d1ck about nothing 

To take your analogy one step further, if we were both TV hosts, you'd be Stephen A. and Max.

I'd be Cowherd.