Good breakdown.. Gore gashing NE

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

So 68 yards on 2 carries. Did Bell ever break off a 20 yd. run last season? Honest question. I’d prefer to see Adams get a shot at the #3 RB behind LB & Perine but ok maybe Gore in the RB meetings shows these guys how to be a pro

Nope longest was 19.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, NYJets8 said:
Download video

My conclusion from watching...

Gore is effective in Gase's preferred in-out zone blocking. 

Don't know if old man Gore can keep goring along.  But He can be useful as a situational ball carrier.  Good for Perine because they're of similar style runners.  Quick to the hole.  Quick cutting elusive tackle breakers.   And...Gore is certainly a good guy to have in that locker room. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

So 68 yards on 2 carries. Did Bell ever break off a 20 yd. run last season? Honest question. I’d prefer to see Adams get a shot at the #3 RB behind LB & Perine but ok maybe Gore in the RB meetings shows these guys how to be a pro

Gore wasn't running behind Winters or Kalil either...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Bell doesn’t break off big runs, that’s not who he is. I swear people never watched the guy in PIT. As a runner Bell is very pedestrian. He has a knack for waiting for holes to open up and then rides behind his blocker for 4-8 yards. It’s not flashy, and frankly it’s not practical with a sh*tty OL. But that’s his run game. His real threat as a weapon has always been as a receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Bell doesn’t break off big runs, that’s not who he is. I swear people never watched the guy in PIT. As a runner Bell is very pedestrian. He has a knack for waiting for holes to open up and then rides behind his blocker for 4-8 yards. It’s not flashy, and frankly it’s not practical with a sh*tty OL. But that’s his run game. His real threat as a weapon has always been as a receiver

Why the heck would I watch Steelers games? I’m a Jets fan! 

Listen Snell, we are in the Ring of Honor together but c’mon. I only watched Steelers if the were in the PO or playing Jets.

For the record:

2013 long of 43 yds

2014 long of 81

2015 long of 44

2016 long of 42

2017 long of 27

2019 long of 19

• Haha 3

I'll make a slightly bold prediction - By the middle of the season the combination of Gore/Perine will be out-touching Le'Veon Bell by at least 5 touches per game....probably something like 20 to 15.

This is all about Gase's system and who fits it.  They signed Gore because he's a fit.  They drafted Perine because they feel he's a fit.  They're saddled with Le'Veon Bell because of his contract and while he's still a very good player, he's not a fit.  They don't want RBs who scan, assess, setup blocks, etc.  Gase wants a guy who takes the ball and immediately hits the spot where he designed it to go.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Guaranteed Gase pined for Gore. If your Bell and you lose carries to Perine your gonna complain. Bell isn't gonna complain about losing carries to Frank Gore - 3rd all time rusher. Hopefully Gore has something left in the tank. Another aspect of this could be that Gore was on Buffalo. He knows how they coach and their plays and schemes. Could be helpful to the Jets.

On 5/9/2020 at 11:52 AM, Snell41 said:

Bell doesn’t break off big runs, that’s not who he is. I swear people never watched the guy in PIT. As a runner Bell is very pedestrian. He has a knack for waiting for holes to open up and then rides behind his blocker for 4-8 yards. It’s not flashy, and frankly it’s not practical with a sh*tty OL. But that’s his run game. His real threat as a weapon has always been as a receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

A lot of truth here. Let’s not underestimate LeVeon Bell, though. He was one of the best RB’s in the league just a few years ago. After taking an entire year off, he comes to the Jets behind a God awful run blocking o-line. He’s gonna have a chance behind this line. 

Let’s see what happens. I predict a nice year from him. And having Gore as the complimentary back is a solid option. Gase suggested we’re gonna run the ball a lot next season. Ground and pound baby. 

there's something good to be said for a guy who just puts his head down and powers through the hole.  that's my impression of gore.  he's been doing it for years and, unless he's lost a step from last season, should be able to do the same this season.  bell is going to look a whole lot better running behind the upgraded oline.  he had to dance around for too long waiting for the hole to open up because the blocking wasn't that good.  i can also see bell and even gore get involved in the passing game too.

Impressive tape against a tough defense.  Gore seems to be a one cut runner who hits the
hole quickly, much different than Bell.  But let's not forget Gore is 37, if he makes the
team and gives us 5-7 positive reps a game I'll be happy

On 5/9/2020 at 9:01 AM, NYJets8 said:

When Bart Scott asked Gore how and why he was playing so long, his answer was that Linebackers in today's NFL are just plain dumb. They don't know how to assess the information they are given presnap... He went off on a tangent talking about trying to teach today's lbs and how bad they were about knowing where to position themselves.  He also started going off on the whole reason the blindside block was eliminated from the game is because the linebackers were so dumb not knowing where players were that they were getting blown up. but it was a good nugget from the Bart and Hahn show yesterday. 

Great mentor for Perine

This Gore signing was brilliant. Bell, Gore & Perrine is an awesome trio. I think Gore is in here for early downs so Bell can be brought in in short yardage where his receiving skills will make it very difficult to defend the entire field. 

Thats a PITA RB trio. Jets get leads & they'll start pounding with Gore & Perrine. 2 tough inside RBs. 3rd & 5? Bam, Le'veon is on the field & with the addition of much bigger & stronger Olineman, run or pass is on the table depending on the defensive alignment. 

I know it sounds crazy, but crazy eyes wants Bell to be a part time RB. We can't get rid of him so use him to our most beneficial which is as a Pass Receiver.