2020 AFC East Polls

2020 AFC East Polls  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the final standings for the AFC East in 2020?

• 1. Bills 2. Patriots 3. Jets 4. Dolphins
    • 1. Patriots 2. Bills 3. Jets 4. Dolphins
    • 1. Jets 2. Bills 3. Patriots 4. Dolphins
    • 1. Bills 2. Jets 3. Patriots 4. Dolphins
    • 1. Patriots 2. Jets 3. Bills 4. Dolphins
    • 1. Jets 2. Patriots 3. Bills 4. Dolphins
    • 1. Bills 2. Jets 3. Dolphins 4. Patriots
    • 1. Patriots 2. Bills 3. Dolphins 4. Jets
    • 1. Jets 2. Bills 3. Dolphins 4. Patriots
    • 1. Patriots 2. Jets 3. Dolphins 4. Bills
    • 1. Bills 2. Patriots 3. Dolphins 4. Jets
    • 1. Jets 2. Patriots 3. Dolphins 4. Bills
    • OTHER (specify in thread)
  2. 2. Who will start the most games at QB for the Dolphins?

• Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Tua Tagovailoa
    • Josh Rosen
  3. 3. What will Josh Allen's Yards Per Attempt (career to date: 6.6) be in 2020?

4. 4. Who will start the most games at QB for the Patriots in 2020?

• Jarrett Stidham
    • Brian Hoyer
    • Cam Newton (current Free Agent)
    • OTHER (Specify in thread)
  5. 5. Which rookie defensive player will record the most Sacks?

• AJ Epenesa (Bills)
    • Josh Uche (Patriots)
    • Jabari Zuniga (Jets)
    • Curtis Weaver (Dolphins)
    • Anfernee Jennings (Patriots)
    • Bryce Huff (Jets)
  6. 6. Which WR in the division will accumulate the most receiving yardage?

• Stefon Diggs (Bills)
    • DeVante Parker (Dolphins)
    • Julian Edelman (Patriots)
    • Jamison Crowder (Jets)
    • John Brown (Bills)
    • Denzel Mims (Jets)
    • Breshad Perriman (Jets)
    • N'Keal Harry (Patriots)
    • Preston Williams (Dolphins)
    • Mohamed Sanu (Patriots)
    • Allen Hurns (Dolphins)
    • Albert Wilson (Dolphins)

I went with John Brown for the WR question.  Why?

• 1,060 yards last year in just his first season paired with Allen.  In year 2 their connection should be rock solid.
  • A deep threat WR is a very good type of receiver to pair with a big armed but low accuracy QB like Allen.  Brown fits Allen like a glove. 
  • Diggs will get a lot of attention, but Brown will be a huge beneficiary of that.  I think Diggs will end up frustrated with Allen's inability to get him the ball on the intermediary routes.

Bigtime season coming up for Brown.  Get him on your fantasy teams.  

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• 1,060 yards last year in just his first season paired with Allen.  In year 2 their connection should be rock solid.
  • A deep threat WR is a very good type of receiver to pair with a big armed but low accuracy QB like Allen.  Brown fits Allen like a glove. 
  • Diggs will get a lot of attention, but Brown will be a huge beneficiary of that.  I think Diggs will end up frustrated with Allen's inability to get him the ball on the intermediary routes.

I think Mims will light it up this year. Like yooooge!

4 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I think Mims will light it up this year. Like yooooge!

I'd love it if you're right, but between a delayed/shortened training camp and preseason and the lack of success out of rookie WRs in general (only 14 have achieved 1,000+ yards their rookie seasons since 1970, 8 in the last decade), I can't see Mims breaking 1,000.  Brown should get well over 1,000, as should a couple other guys in the division.

However, I do see Mims being the best WR in the division in 2021.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Interesting.  Why so high on the Dolphins and so low on the Bills?

i really liked the intensity flores showed during his "tank" season.  he had that team playing hard at the end.  the bills are due for a down year.  and it's not like one team is going to run off 12 wins or lose 12.  it should be pretty close.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

i really liked the intensity flores showed during his "tank" season.  he had that team playing hard at the end.  the bills are due for a down year.  and it's not like one team is going to run off 12 wins or lose 12.  it should be pretty close.

Yep, this will be a division of parity for the first time in a long time.  The winner will probably be 10-6 or 9-7, with the worst team going something like 6-10, maybe 5-11.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Spot on dude, if Diggs was unhappy in Minnesota, just wait until Allen sails a few balls over his head on easy intermediate throws.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Spot on dude, if Diggs was unhappy in Minnesota, just wait until Allen sails a few balls over his head on easy intermediate throws.

Yup.  If it hadn't been for the draft capital Buffalo surrendered to acquire Diggs, I could easily see his stay in Buffalo being a short one.  Financially, the guarantees on Years 2-4 of his 4-year deal only cover him for injury. 

He makes his money by being a precise intermediary route runner and you pair him with a QB like Allen that can't take advantage of that with precise throws?  Not smart.  I'm no fan of Cousins but he was a much, much better fit. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

So the leading vote-getter (25 %) for division order so far is:

1. Bills
  2. Jets
  3. Patriots
  4. Dolphins

Reasonable.  

The closeness of the Fitzpatrick vs Tagovailoa vote is interesting.  With the way teams rush rookie QB's onto the field as quickly as possible, I see Tua taking the job by about Week 6 and keeping it the remainder of the season.  But the impact of COVID and Tua's health are obviously big question marks.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep, this will be a division of parity for the first time in a long time.  The winner will probably be 10-6 or 9-7, with the worst team going something like 6-10, maybe 5-11.

Agreed.  And I think people would be foolish to write off the Dolphins btw.  I think this is a 4 team race with the Bills probably being mild favorites.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's a strange statement. Allen struggled horribly with the deep ball last season and had most of his success to Brown on intermediary routes. 

8 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

That's a strange statement. Allen struggled horribly with the deep ball last season and had most of his success to Brown on intermediary routes. 

He struggles with accuracy problems at every kind of throw.  The point is he has a big arm, so a deep threat and a guy who can get YAC is the best fit for him.  Not an exceptional route runner who is more of a move-the-chains type.  

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How will things play out in the AFC East this year?

Are we free to answer honestly, or is this thread similar to the one about the Giants PK getting a DWI?

I want to pick the Jets to finish second ahead of the Pats and Fins, but if this is just another one where all us Jets fans get together to “have fun” at the expense of other teams fans, I’ll go with the flow and put the Jets first.

I’ll hang up and listen... ?

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He struggles with accuracy problems at every kind of throw.  The point is he has a big arm, so a deep threat and a guy who can get YAC is the best fit for him.  Not an exceptional route runner who is more of a move-the-chains type.  

Allen was one of the best in the league on intermediate throws between 10-20 yards with a 64.7% completion percentage. He also led the league in drops with 7.2%. 

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Allen was one of the best in the league on intermediate throws between 10-20 yards with a 64.7% completion percentage. He also led the league in drops with 7.2%. 

Cool!  I'm excited to see which of his 58 % completions he excels at this year.  

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Are we free to answer honestly, or is this thread similar to the one about the Giants PK getting a DWI?

I want to pick the Jets to finish second ahead of the Pats and Fins, but if this is just another one where all us Jets fans get together to “have fun” at the expense of other teams fans, I’ll go with the flow and put the Jets first.

I’ll hang up and listen... ?

Just Hang Up.....

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still going with Buffalo to win the division, but moving the Pats up to second.

Third is a coin flip, but I’ll go Jets, only because I can’t stand the thought of another 5 win season, and another #6 pick in the draft.

I’m hoping to a least match last years 7 wins.