Favorite fast food

Potato chips. Frozen pizza. My wife bought a Red Baron Classic Crust Four Cheese Pizza the other day at BJs. Put black olives and mushrooms on it. It was really good. It was ranked tied for 3rd by the Washington Post last year https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2019/04/24/where-does-your-go-to-frozen-pizza-rank-we-tried-15-and-the-worst-one-might-surprise-you/  I also like Calif. Pizza Kitchen, Digornos etc. 

Op

7 hours ago, GreekJet said:

I had Chipotle yesterday-love it, but it destroys me the next morning.

1) Five Guys

2) Chipotle

3) Arbys

4) Shake Shack

5) Wendys

6) Mickey Ds

Popeyes chicken sandwiches are game changers. 6 with a couple coleslaws really hit the spot. I like to alternate back and forth from classic to spicey for balance. Tend to eat more coleslaw while eating the spicey ones. 

• Upvote 1

Other than an occasional pizza, I have not eaten very much fast food for years.  I have a son with peanut allergy so we don't eat out often in general.

But, gun to my head, I'd say a well made gyro with lettuce, tomato and tons of tzatziki.   The combination of the garlic and spices in the meat couple with that yogurt sauce saturating the pita bread is just about orgasmic.   Second choice would be a burger deluxe at the Victory Diner on Staten Island back in the 70s/80s with brown gravy to dunk the fries.

Until recently our town had a Mamoun’s Falafel. But it closed down I assume because of the pandemic. I was surprised when it opened here on Long Island. It kind of came out of nowhere completely unexpected.  For years whenever I went into the city I’d try to grab one there. 

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

For me... a GYRO at GYRO II on 7th ave and 33rd .  Now gone.  BUT that GYRO, after a night of pot smoking concert going was the BOMB!!!! 

White Castle is a very close second.  

You and I could hang.  A fu*king late night gyro whilst still baked is one of life's great indulgences/pleasures.  Plus, we could jam on acoustic guitars with some tasty tunes after we ate. lol

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2020 at 4:33 PM, southparkcpa said:

For me... a GYRO at GYRO II on 7th ave and 33rd .  Now gone.  BUT that GYRO, after a night of pot smoking concert going was the BOMB!!!! 

White Castle is a very close second.  

That was my go to spot for MSG events. Reasonable, fast and delicious gyros.

In N Out is simply the best burger there is. Any time I go out west, a must stop. 

• Upvote 1

Blakes Lotaburger out here in Albuquerque. Technically not fast food because everything is cooked to order but most consider it fast food.

@munchmemoryI think your'e the poster that had family out here in RR/ABQ so you surely must have had Blakes, especially their green chile cheeseburger or their killer breakfast burritos.

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, RobR said:

Blakes Lotaburger out here in Albuquerque. Technically not fast food because everything is cooked to order but most consider it fast food.

@munchmemoryI think your'e the poster that had family out here in RR/ABQ so you surely must have had Blakes, especially their green chile cheeseburger or their killer breakfast burritos.

Hi, what's up, Rob?  Yeah, that was me.  My in-laws lived in Rio Rancho back in the 90s.  Definitely still remember that chile cheeseburger.  

• Sympathy 1

On 8/22/2020 at 8:39 AM, GreekJet said:

I had Chipotle yesterday-love it, but it destroys me the next morning.

1) Five Guys

2) Chipotle

3) Arbys

4) Shake Shack

5) Wendys

6) Mickey Ds

Is grab and go fast food?  I consider it take out, personally.  IMO fast food is drive thru.  Idk, that's could be the wrong classification but that's how I've always looked at it.  So with that said:

1) In and Out (even though we dont have them in FL) - everything on the menu is awesome

2) Arbys - sooo good, roast beef w/ cheddar, curly fries.  FIRE!!!

3) Burger King - the Whopper is the best drive thru burger by far - fight me

4) Taco Bell - hands down the best beef hard taco on the planet - fight me

5) Chickfila - they put crack on that chicken, I swear it.

honorable mention; Popeyes, Zaxbys (you guys got these up north? chicken fingers are unreal), Whataburger, Del Taco, White Castle

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

Is grab and go fast food?  I consider it take out, personally.  IMO fast food is drive thru.  Idk, that's could be the wrong classification but that's how I've always looked at it.  So with that said:

1) In and Out (even though we dont have them in FL) - everything on the menu is awesome

2) Arbys - sooo good, roast beef w/ cheddar, curly fries.  FIRE!!!

3) Burger King - the Whopper is the best drive thru burger by far - fight me

4) Taco Bell - hands down the best beef hard taco on the planet - fight me

5) Chickfila - they put crack on that chicken, I swear it.

honorable mention; Popeyes, Zaxbys (you guys got these up north? chicken fingers are unreal), Whataburger, Del Taco, White Castle

Have not had one in years, but agree that BK Whopper blows out anything at McDonalds.  The char taste coupled with the tomato and mayo melding together makes it.  Plus, their fries were/are better.

Speaking of fries, always thought Popeye's Cajun fries were out of this world fantastic.  But they had the worst, most laden, biscuits on Earth.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Have not had one in years, but agree that BK Whopper blows out anything at McDonalds.  The char taste coupled with the tomato and mayo melding together makes it.  Plus, their fries were/are better.

Speaking of fries, always thought Popeye's Cajun fries were out of this world fantastic.  But they had the worst, most laden, biscuits on Earth.

McDonalds burgers are gross.  Basically the only thing I would order there is Nuggets and Fries...and I do like there fries better than BK.  My favorite fries Arby's curly fries.  So good.  Checkers too (cant remember what the other name they're called is) gross food, killer curly fries.  

And we are just the opposite on Popeyes; love their biscuits, dont like their steak fries.  lol

• Upvote 1

Maybe it is because I no longer live in NY and I miss a good NY hot dog, but I am surprised Nathan's has not gotten a mention.  Nathan's hot dog, brown mustard and sauerkraut.  With a side of fries -- fries that actually tastle like potatoes.  Living in the midwest, I miss Nathan's -- Chicago hot dogs with yellow mustrad, neon green relish, pickle spear and a tomato slice just don't compare.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Maybe it is because I no longer live in NY and I miss a good NY hot dog, but I am surprised Nathan's has not gotten a mention.  Nathan's hot dog, brown mustard and sauerkraut.  With a side of fries -- fries that actually tastle like potatoes.  Living in the midwest, I miss Nathan's -- Chicago hot dogs with yellow mustrad, neon green relish, pickle spear and a tomato slice just don't compare.

Good job bringing up Nathan's.  Their hot dog with mustard and 'kraut is a classic bit of  NYC greatness.  

While we're talking about hot dogs, I miss the one's at Gray's Papaya up on Broadway.  Plus that papaya drink was so good.

• Upvote 1

Sloppy azz BK whopper is the way to go if your Jonesing for a fast food fix. 
Mayo & Tomato sliding around forces you to eat it in a circle of bites to keep the burgers from sliding out. Anything that doesn’t require at least 5 napkins isn’t sloppy enough to satisfy a fast food craving. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2020 at 4:10 PM, The Crusher said:

Op

Popeyes chicken sandwiches are game changers. 6 with a couple coleslaws really hit the spot. I like to alternate back and forth from classic to spicey for balance. Tend to eat more coleslaw while eating the spicey ones. 

6 ? So that's the appetitizer, what is main course ?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Good job bringing up Nathan's.  Their hot dog with mustard and 'kraut is a classic bit of  NYC greatness.  

While we're talking about hot dogs, I miss the one's at Gray's Papaya up on Broadway.  Plus that papaya drink was so good.

Papaya King on 86th and 3rd!!!!  

• Sympathy 2

On 8/22/2020 at 4:04 PM, CSNY said:

White Castles cheeseburgers and onion rings 

Darn I love those things but can't go there after the wife saw a huge amount of very large rats running (and jumping) around the Yonkers store late one night. 

Still, when it comes to fast food, gotta list:

1. Frank Pepe's pizza, any store

2. In and Out Burger (whish we had them here)

3. Lobster Rolls at either Brown's or Markey's (Seabrook, NH)

4. Just abot any sandwhich from Epstein's on Central Ave

5. Moo-Yah Burger 

10 hours ago, Lith said:

Do you go back far enough for Nathan's frog legs, pastrami sandwhiches and clam chowder?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

just thought of another one

Anyone remember the Kosher style deli with hotdogs and knishes out front?  The world's best pastrami, corned beef, turkey, rye bread, etc. Stuffed derma at the tables. 

Skyview Deli in Riverdale, the best of the best. RIP Denny, wherever you are 

If you are talking pastrami then it’s Katz’s on E Houston and Ludlow no other place comes close 

On 8/22/2020 at 4:10 PM, The Crusher said:

Op

6?  I see the diet is working well. 

• Haha 1