Drain the swamp! MetLife Stadium ranked among worst NFL venues

joewilly12

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Centurylink holds 69,000 fans.  MetLife 82,500 fans.  Both stadiums have their share of opposing fans in attendance.

Every Sunday there are more Jets fans cheering the losing Jets than there are Seahawk fans cheering the elite Seahawks.  That's all that matters.  You can keep the pretty dress and the makeup, it's all about how many home fans are in the building wearing team colors and cheering the team on.

There is far more pride to be taken from that fact than there is any downside to, ooh, aluminum louvers instead of (wait for it) clear glass.

SAR I

I wonder if that loyalty also makes the Johnson’s not care about upgrading the product. If they profit even in losing, what’s the motivation? 

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I like cats. You know why? Because you gotta earn that love. And even when you do, they’ll still scratch if you cross them.

This site has plenty of dogs. We need a cat. SAR is that cat. He fulfills a needed roll. Don’t run him out.

I was kind of kidding! I’m a SAR fan actually! Oh, and I have two cats and no dog! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Shea Jet said:

And you'll "deal with" the fact that as long as they play in Jersey you'll never sniff a Super Bowl. 

LOL, yeah, because 7 miles of geography has anything to do with it.

For a Bills troll this is pretty interesting tactic, but sadly the subject matter is something you don't know anything about.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

LOL, yeah, because 7 miles of geography has anything to do with it.

For a Bills troll this is pretty interesting tactic, but sadly the subject matter is something you don't know anything about.

SAR I

You're still, and will ALWAYS be playing in "Giants Stadium." Now thaaats funny

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Meanwhile in 2003, I purchased playoff tickets to the Indy game at face value a few days before the game.

I was the only person in my section who was an actual season ticket holder.  The other 100 people were all like you, scrambling to get in the building.  The Jets used to mail out playoff invoices in late October and the Jets looked like crap and everyone thought the playoffs would never happen.

But not me.  I had faith.  I've always been able to see the big picture.

?

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

the Meadowlands at it's finest

Ligature-Resistant-Skirt-for-Toilet.gif

2759dca5d4dc6d9492e20068e1b7467f.jpg

I went to the season opener at Lambeau Field in 2000 and they had a trough for a urinal.  Like a real trough.  You had 30 guys standing shoulder to shoulder on stools, no privacy dividers, penises out, spraying the trough and each other.

The only thing worse that day was meeting Fireman Ed for the first time.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetluv58 said:

I wonder if that loyalty also makes the Johnson’s not care about upgrading the product. If they profit even in losing, what’s the motivation? 

They care.  They're trying.  It's hard.  Even a great, respected owner like Jerry Jones can't break through.  The NFL is a very hard win.

Peyton Manning, 20 years, 2 Super Bowl victories.  Drew Brees, 20 years, 1 Super Bowl victory.  Jim Kelly, 20 years, 0 Super Bowl victories.  

It's the kind of sport where if you win once in your lifetime you're satisfied.  Jets came close twice since I've been around.  Whole lot of anguish in between.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

2759dca5d4dc6d9492e20068e1b7467f.jpg

I went to the season opener at Lambeau Field in 2000 and they had a trough for a urinal.  Like a real trough.  You had 30 guys standing shoulder to shoulder on stools, no privacy dividers, penises out, spraying the trough and each other.

The only thing worse that day was meeting Fireman Ed for the first time.

SAR I

Trough is for sissies. A stadium should have a bunch of bushes planted every few feet and just spray dingo style into those

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

You're still, and will ALWAYS be playing in "Giants Stadium." Now thaaats funny

The stadium thing affects others, not me.  I was perfectly happy in Giants Stadium and perfectly happy in MetLife Stadium.  The color of a plastic seat or the name on the facade never bothered me.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The stadium thing affects others, not me.  I was perfectly happy in Giants Stadium and perfectly happy in MetLife Stadium.  The color of a plastic seat or the name on the facade never bothered me.

SAR I

Sure, doesn't bother YOU. Affects the team CONSIDERABLY. But YOURE good, so the Jets are fine...?????

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I was the only person in my section who was an actual season ticket holder.  The other 100 people were all like you, scrambling to get in the building.  The Jets used to mail out playoff invoices in late October and the Jets looked like crap and everyone thought the playoffs would never happen.

?

SAR I

It's not exactly like you were vindicated.  We got eliminated the following week by the Raiders and haven't had a home playoff game (let alone win) since.

As for this incantation of the team, I believe in Sam and JD (which are actually 2 of the most important pieces to build around).  These next 2 drafts are going to be critical.  Hopefully JD can build a champion from them.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

?

SAR I

https://sports.theonion.com/adam-gase-warns-jets-fans-not-to-overreact-to-first-60-1845030308

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2020 at 6:52 PM, joewilly12 said:

2 teams 2 owners 20 NFL home games including pre-season and this is the best they could do. 

The MetLife Stadium Company wanted a technologically advanced open-air stadium. Skanska, in a design-build contract, constructed the stadium to accommodate the New York Giants and the New York Jets and seat 82,500 spectators, including 217 luxury suite boxes. (Photo: David Sundberg/Esto)Metlife stadium (Aerial view).jpg

I actually want to see an itemized list of the $1.6 billion, what cost so much money? Were concrete and aluminum being tariffed then??

yeah I know mafia concete is more expensive but it just doesn’t add up

9 hours ago, David Harris said:

I actually want to see an itemized list of the $1.6 billion, what cost so much money? Were concrete and aluminum being tariffed then??  yeah I know mafia concete is more expensive but it just doesn’t add up

Good explanation of NFL stadium costs here:

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/stadium-arena/how-stadium-construction-costs-reached-the-billions.html

Essentially, NYC is the most expensive place in the country to zone, build, and live, which we all know from the size of our mortgages compared to what we could be spending if we all lived in, say, Indianapolis.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, David Harris said:

I actually want to see an itemized list of the $1.6 billion, what cost so much money? Were concrete and aluminum being tariffed then??

yeah I know mafia concete is more expensive but it just doesn’t add up

Sofi cost $5 billion. Which, if you live in LA, you know that is pretty consistent considering $1,000 gets you a 3-season tent under the 405. 

11 hours ago, Vader said:

Cool story 

A8ECF85E-1F0D-4B18-B33B-7DE2BF5EC827.jpeg

this is because tickets are so cheap that opposing teams fans are the majority in attendance.  i gave up my PSLs a few years back because i couldn't even give my tickets away the team is so bad.  anytime i went i was always sitting next to opposing team fans anyway.

On 9/17/2020 at 10:03 PM, ECURB said:

Who the **** cares what it looks like from a helicopter?

when the team is good the place is rocking and amazing... when they suck it sucks

notice foxboro is ranked worse... who cares?

Ever been to Foxboro?

Being honest, it has way better sightlines and seating (and I mean WAY). Much less bad seats (i.e end zone upperdeck) Much better looking.

Negatives is that the only exit is out to Route One, not that New Giants Stadium is much better.,

You go there and say to yourself, why couldn't they have built this in NJ?

What belongs at the bottom is the one in Orchard Park. Good fans and atmosphere, but horrible bench type seating, access worse than both NGS and Foxboro. Shabby looking.

Worse than all of these? Estadio Monumental Antonio Vespucio Liberti. but that's another story

What a fascinating thread.

@SAR I is saying that the stadium is special because that’s where the Jets play. What it looks like doesn’t matter.

What others are saying is that the Jets can still play in a nicer, more updated stadium and it too would be special because that’s where the Jets play, but would have more bells and whistles too.