**** THE OFFICIAL RACE TO THE BOTTOM THREAD ****

ZachEY

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I think that will secure 0-15. It's the last game I'm still worried about. Depends on the Pats and if their starters play.

I think there are three other games to worry about:

Home against Miami: Lot's of wild Jets-Dolphins games, rarely are both divisional games noncompetitive, etc. 

at LA Chargers - This is immediately following the bye, which could mean the first game post Gase. You always have to worry about the initial interim jump game and the Chargers are a young team capable of losing a game they should win. 

Home against Raiders - The Raiders are capable of no-showing an early game on the east coast. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We should root for them to beat Houston at home this week.

Houston will be in a better position to win games later in the season. 

Yeah, Houston, Vikings, Browns, and maybe Colts, are the only remotely winnable games left on Jax schedule.

Probably just Houston and Vikings, tbh.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

A couple of theses crap teams will knock each other out. Isn’t there a game simulator program out there that will rest out fears. 

Week 8 is an almost nothing week, save the fact that we have 0% of winning.

Week 9 is going to bump a bunch of teams.  NYG v WAS, HOU v JAX, ATL v DEN, and NYJ v NE

10 minutes ago, King P said:

I'm ok with getting the 2nd pick because we can still get Justin Fields.

Jags are definitely our biggest competition right now, their schedule brutal. Although that's not a bad thing because it makes it possible they could have a higher SOS than us

Sam Darnold has most recently just turned this into a “only Trevor Lawrence if we go QB” thing to “we just need to send scouts to all the 2021 QB’s games & watch a ton of Trey Lance tape since he can’t play” thing.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think there are three other games to worry about:

Home against Miami: Lot's of wild Jets-Dolphins games, rarely are both divisional games noncompetitive, etc. 

at LA Chargers - This is immediately following the bye, which could mean the first game post Gase. You always have to worry about the initial interim jump game and the Chargers are a young team capable of losing a game they should win. 

Home against Raiders - The Raiders are capable of no-showing an early game on the east coast. 

Definitely agree with the first two. That's what I put down in my 0-16 thread. Not so much about the Raiders, but I haven't been paying them any attention.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, King P said:

I'm ok with getting the 2nd pick because we can still get Justin Fields.

Jags are definitely our biggest competition right now, their schedule brutal. Although that's not a bad thing because it makes it possible they could have a higher SOS than us

Sam Darnold has most recently just turned this into a “only Trevor Lawrence if we go QB” thing to “we just need to send scouts to all the 2021 QB’s games & watch a ton of Trey Lance tape since he can’t play” thing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Ywah.  I looked at our schedule. Why the --- are people worried about upcoming games?  We could face the Sisters of The Poor and still lose by 10!

Sure, in a vacuum we should comfortably loose every single game, but there are potential factors that could upset that, including the firing of Adam Gase which could jump-start the team, or Bill Belichick resting all of his starters for Week 17.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Sure, in a vacuum we should comfortably loose every single game, but there are potential factors that could upset that, including the firing of Adam Gase which could jump-start the team, or Bill Belichick resting all of his starters for Week 17.

NY Jets aren't firing AG in season he is getting paid to be here win or lose. 

No way in hell the Johnson brothers will pay 3 HC's in the 2020 season where they are losing money without fans being in the seats. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NY Jets aren't firing AG in season he is getting paid to be here win or lose. 

No way in hell the Johnson brothers will pay 3 HC's in the 2020 season where they are losing money without fans being in the seats. 

Hey, I'm banking on that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnyjet said:

A couple of theses crap teams will knock each other out. Isn’t there a game simulator program out there that will rest out fears. 

Yes that does help immensely. 
Falcons play Chargers & Broncos.
Bengals play Wash, Giants, Texans & Cowboys
Broncos play Chargers 2x & Falcons  
Texans play Jags, Pats & Bengals.  
Jags play Texans & Vikings  
Chargers play Broncos 2X, Jets, Pats, Falcons     

Vikings play Jags & Cowboys   
Pats play Jets 2X, Texans & Chargers    
Giants play Wash, Eagles, Cowboys & Bengals

Wash play Giants, Bengals, Cowboys, Eagles

Jets play Pats 2X & Chargers

While All these 2 & 1 win teams are bad, most have played very very close games and were quite competitive. At most, I can’t see the Jets win more than 2 games, if any.  I’ve seen many of them play so let’s eliminate some based on schedule vs. each other and their overall play and that they wIll win at least 3 games. Wash, Chargers, Falcons, Broncos, Bengals (2+ tie), Giants, Cowboys, Vikings

Most of these teams also have some winnable games vs. teams with poor records as well.  

So I believe the Texans & Jags are our biggest threat to getting the #1 pick. Texans have the lighter schedule and they have Watson so let’s eliminate them. That leaves the Jags whose schedule is BRUTAL. They have 3 possible wins left: Texans, Browns & Vikings. 

If both the Jets and Jags finish with 2 wins, not sure who’d get the #1 pick but it’s quite possible we end up tied with them with either 1 or 2 wins. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

They aren't firing Gase until the end of the season.  Not unless Woody comes back and kicks CJ's ass all over Florham Park.  And you and I BOTH know he doesn't have balls to do that!