College game day Oct 31

Beerfish

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Sooner or later we have to start talking about mack jones as a good pro prospect.

I agree.   I mentioned him in the Trey Lance thread.   Jones will overtake Lance in the QB hierarchy for this draft.   He’ll get no credit because of the talent around him, but I think he deserves more love as an NFL prospect.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Smith is as good as jeudy maybe even lamb as a prospect.   There i said it.  Come at me bros

No arguments from me, although Lamb runs with a little more aggression with the ball in his hands.   I think Metchie is a Juedy clone though.  They look like the same player to me.  

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Smith is as good as jeudy maybe even lamb as a prospect.   There i said it.  Come at me bros

He's the best of the 'Bama 4 and easily Lamb too. 

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

He's really good but he's skinnier than Robbie Anderson. 

who's competing for league lead in yards. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Maybe but he catches almost everything runs great patterns and has the whole pattern tree from my viewing the last couple of years.

No argument from me because I've always said he is a great receiver. I'm worried more about his transition to the NFL and how his skillset translates to the NFL game. He's a 6' stick.

55 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Nice throw by Fields for the TD....

One thing I do notice about Fields that’s concerning: doesn’t throw with a lot of velocity towards the sidelines. That concerns me. It’s the one knock I have on Lamar Jackson’s game in the NFL 

I noticed that tonight too.  It’s funny because I didn’t see that last week against Nebraska.

8 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Nice throw by Fields for the TD....

One thing I do notice about Fields that’s concerning: doesn’t throw with a lot of velocity towards the sidelines. That concerns me. It’s the one knock I have on Lamar Jackson’s game in the NFL 

Something I’ve noticed too. Why I was stunned when people said his arm is better than Lawrence’s. It may be that he knows he can get away with it so he’s taking something off them.

It’s a theme of his play though. High wobbly throws that hang in the air. They’ll get picked in the NFL.

• Upvote 1