College game day Oct 31

Beerfish

6 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I’d be surprised if DJ looks great today.  He hasn’t really come in and grasped the offense well and he’s been dinged up a bit.    He will get there eventually, but this isn’t Deshaun or Trevor who showed up day one and was ready to win a national championship.   Clemson has issues on offense beyond the QB though, and those issues will be problematic in the near future.  

Hard to have issues with Entienne.  And you guys will reload like usual.  

Is that what you have to do when you’re on top?  Pretend like you have issues do make it more interesting?  Lol. Wouldn’t know, so thinking maybe/ 

Freshman QB for Clemson looked good today. Does this alter anyone’s view of Lawrence? Kind of confirms what we all assumed that he’s in a great situation. Still a very good prospect though.

I’m slowly but surely jumping on that Zach Wilson bandwagon. Tons of space right now. I’ll be watching more of him as the season goes on.

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Harbaugh really gonna f*ck around and lose to Michigan State, isn’t he?

17 minutes ago, maury77 said:

He’s distracted thinking about coaching the Jets and Lawrence next year emoji3.png

The unintentional tank at Michigan.

Michigan State lost to Rutgers last week, now they beat Michigan.  I think COVID is turning college football into the wild west this year.

If Rutgers beats Indiana then look out for the strangest hype train you've ever seen and a New York media ready to call the Scarlet Knights better than both the Jets and Giants. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Hard to have issues with Entienne.  And you guys will reload like usual.  

Is that what you have to do when you’re on top?  Pretend like you have issues do make it more interesting?  Lol. Wouldn’t know, so thinking maybe/ 

Lol....there are definite issues at WR and O-line right now.   They can overcome them against BC,  but it will be more of an issue next week and possibly the playoffs.   

Etienne is underrated as a competitor, he competes as well as any RB I’ve seen at Clemson.   The o-line doesn’t do him any favors at time and he still grinds.   

Oregon starts next Saturday.  No idea how this team is going to look.  Jon Wilner (Mr. Pac-12) says we suck.  And East Coast press says the Pac-12 sucks in general.  Guilt by association.  QB, OL & TE all question marks.  Cal and Arizona State I think are teams to look to make a run at the league crown.  Hopefully the Pac-12 gets through the year without a stoppage.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

LSU ..... is not good.

Down year for the SEC in general.  We are not that good--our #5 ranking is generous.  Not sure how good Florida really is.  Both Auburn and LSU are down this year.  Tennessee not living up to the preseason hype.  I think the teams at the bottom of the Conference are a bit more competitive than past years.  But at the top, we are not the loaded conference that we have been last few years. 

At this point it appears to be Alabama and then everyone else.

• Upvote 2

Texas OSU game is fantastic.  Ossai from Texas has been a beast all game, and call me crazy but I like Ehlinger as a pro. Worst case scenario if he doesn't work out at QB you can turn him into a LB. Kid is a baller and money.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Just want to point out that I called this early in the second quarter when they were down 21-7.

That's quite the bold prediction, calling the number 1 team in the country down by 2 TD's early in a game coming back and winning a close one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, RobR said:

That's quite the bold prediction, calling the number 1 team in the country down by 2 TD's early in a game coming back and winning a close one. 

Well...

They hadn't been down more than 13 points in 7 years, and they were playing with their backup QB. 

So yes, that would be a bold prediction at the time. 

Just now, JTJet said:

Well...

They hadn't been down more than 13 points in 7 years, and they were playing with their backup QB. 

So yes, that would be a bold prediction at the time. 

Sounds like you just started watching college ball this year. Comebacks in college are commonplace, especially when you're talking about the best team in the country down two scores early at home. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, RobR said:

Texas OSU game is fantastic.  Ossai from Texas has been a beast all game, and call me crazy but I like Ehlinger as a pro. Worst case scenario if he doesn't work out at QB you can turn him into a LB. Kid is a baller and money.  

I mock Ossai or McGrone to the Jets in the 3rd or 4th round. Our LBs suck.

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

Sounds like you just started watching college ball this year. Comebacks in college are commonplace, especially when you're talking about the best team in the country down two scores early at home. 

Sounds like you didnt even watch the game, they were losing into the 4th quarter, so not as easy as you make it seem. 

Not to mention, you are taking this WAY too seriously lol. 

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I mock Ossai or McGrone to the Jets in the 3rd or 4th round. Our LBs suck.

Ossai will never be there in the third. Too me he's still more of a 4-3 end than a 3-4 OLB because he plays with his hand in the dirt all of the time. His motor is unreal.

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

If you didn't self felate yourself I never would have responded. 

Sure. 

Heaven forbid having some fun around here. I'm sorry I offended ye of strict forum etiquette. 

I'll check in with you next time.