Kyler Murray is FUN To Watch! Tua is a BEAST

JetBlue

This dude is truly amazing.  I watch and keep waiting for him to be mashed into pulp by all those giants around him and yet he has a way of making them look completely silly, moving around the pocket. juking left and right, taking off on a dime and picking up 10-15 yards almost at will.  Or passing the ball with great accuracy and precision both short range and on deep balls.   I think we are looking at the heir apparent to Russell Wilson.   

He went NUTS yesterday! 

That said, Tua is a BEAST!!  I am thinking the Miami may have hit the jackpot with this kid.  He had my jaw dropping almost the entire game.  As a lefty myself I always love to see watch lefty quarterbacks.  

It truly sucks that two of our division rivals have found their Franchise quarterbacks and look like that are going to be forces to be reckoned with for years to come :-(

Tremendous comeback for the win.  Kid looks legit for real.  

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

This dude is truly amazing.  I watch and keep waiting for him to be mashed into pulp by all those giants around him and yet he has a way of making them look completely silly, moving around the pocket. juking left and right, taking off on a dime and picking up 1-15 yards almost at will.  Or passing the ball with great accuracy and precision both short range and on deep balls.   I think we are looking at the heir apparent to Russell Wilson.   

He went NUTS yesterday! 

That said, Tua is a BEAST!!  I am thinking the Miami may have hit the jackpot with this kid.  He had my jaw dropping almost the entire game.  As a lefty myself I always love to see watch lefty quarterbacks.  

It truly sucks that two of our division rivals have found their Franchise quarterbacks and look like that are going to be forces to be reckoned with for years to come :-(

Tremendous comeback for the win.  Kid looks legit for real.  

Problem is is that they can't mash him (or for that point breathe on him. ) for fear of being having the flag dropped on them for roughing the passer. 

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Tua looked like Tua in college. It was pretty impressive, but it's just one game. Make a highlight reel of the GB and Dallas games for Sam and he looks like the best prospect ever.

No way I'd compare anything Darnold to Tua...Totally different skill sets as QB.

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

No way I'd compare anything Darnold to Tua...Totally different skill sets as QB.

Exactly, I don't understand some folks.   I get it is just one game, but Sam has NEVER Looked that good in any NFL game, PERIOD.  I wish these Sam apologists would just go away and deal with the fact that this drafts crop of quarterbacks (Herbert, Burrow and now Tua) are BETTER than Darnold.  Anyone with eyes can see that.    Their command of the pocket, ability to look off receivers, deep ball placement, you name it, there is nothing I have seen from Sam that is superior to any of these guys.  I am talking specifically quarterback skills which can been recognized regardless of the offensive line or receivers.   

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Problem is is that they can't mash him (or for that point breathe on him. ) for fear of being having the flag dropped on them for roughing the passer. 

You can say that about every other mobile quarterback in the league.  In fact quarterbacks who are not only mobile but willing to use their legs to gain yardage, has been growing every year to the point where that is almost the norm.   Hell even Sam Darnold fits that mold.  As does every quarterback in our division.    The game has changed my friend.  The day of the Statue in the pocket is a thing of the past.  Look at this years top quarterback prospects, from Lawrence and Fields to Lance and Wilson.  They all have the ability to run with football.  Some may rely on it more than others at this point (Lance) but they are all good at it and will use that skill to their advantage.  Murray is just in a different league as a mobile quarterback because not only is he fast and shifty but he has elite quickness.   It is hard to mash what you can't hit.  

• Upvote 1

AZ's secondary was pretty banged up yesterday.  Guys were running wide open.  Tau looked very good but lets not get to far ahead.  Tape and adjustments can bring guys back to earth real fast.  There's lots of tape on Murray and he's getting a lot more confident.  He's definitely still ascending.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

He must feel pretty stupid right about now.... 

I was being facetious. I'm all for a new guy getting his shot and doing well, so just to be clear I don't wish that Tua fails in his career. It's just that I hate Miami and it's tough to have a vested rooted interest in the success of a rival teams' QB because that potentially means the success of a rival team. I don't just hate Miami. I HATE Miami. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, peebag said:

not to rain on anyone's parade but neither Allen or Tuagagagava have one anything of significance yet.

Let's not crown them kings of the world quite yet.

Allen is definitely approaching doing something of "significance."

He's having a very solid year and looks like he can be a long term franchise QB, IMO

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetophile said:

I was being facetious. I'm all for a new guy getting his shot and doing well, so just to be clear I don't wish that Tua fails in his career. I just that I hate Miami and it's tough to have a vested rooted interest in the success of a rival teams' QB because that potentially means the success of a rival team. I don't just hate Miami. I HATE Miami. 

I hear you.  I does really hurt that our rivals Buffalo and Miami of filled the most important position on their team and we are having to once again try and find that guy.  It is depressing as hell but the good news is we picked a good year to suck as there are several quarterbacks who should be just as good if not better, than this years rookie class. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Tua looked like Tua in college. It was pretty impressive, but it's just one game. Make a highlight reel of the GB and Dallas games for Sam and he looks like the best prospect ever.

Sam has NEVER looked that good in an NFL game, stop it.  This was not a highlight reel.  This was the dudes second game as a starter and he balled the hell out and lead his team to a come from behind victory.  

47 minutes ago, peebag said:

not to rain on anyone's parade but neither Allen or Tuagagagava have one anything of significance yet.

Let's not crown them kings of the world quite yet.

Nope I am so sick and tired of that narrative.  I don't give crap about them "doing anything of significance".  It is hard to do something of "significance", when you only been in the league few years just playing your first or second game as a starter. They can both BALL. Even Stevie Wonder can see that.  No one is crowning them anything so please keep your "lets wait and see" approach to yourself.   Learn to enjoy life and things as they come, in the moment, and stop waiting for something of "significance" for validation.  Just some friendly advice. 

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Why did you feel compelled to quote the original post as the first reply in the thread?

just curious lol

12 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Sam has NEVER looked that good in an NFL game, stop it.  This was not a highlight reel.  This was the dudes first game as a starter and he balled the hell out and lead his team to a come from behind victory.  

2nd game as starter, but your point stands. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not sold on Tua. The guy is pretty small and injury prone. Talented, sure. But I'm taking guys like Allen, Herbert and Burrow over him ten times out of ten. Kyler on the other hand is a magician. The guy rarely gets touched by defenders.

23 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Nope I am so sick and tired of that narrative.  I don't give crap about them "doing anything of significance".  It is hard to do something of "significance", when you only been in the league one year or just got your first start. They can both BALL. Even Stevie Wonder can see that.  No one is crowning them anything so please keep your "lets wait and see" approach to yourself.   Learn to enjoy life and things as they come, in the moment, and stop waiting for something of "significance" for validation.  Just some friendly advice. 

here's some more friendly advice...take a chill pill dude or dudette.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Hence why this new trend of QB's who can run isn't going away any time soon, and people need to stop fighting against it.  Sure, some QB's out there will get their knees crushed.  But there's too many athletic QB's out there right now, with the rules protecting them, to suggest that alone would stop this trend.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Two average teams with young mobile QBs played an entertaining game yesterday.

Can't that be enough?

Two young mobile quarterbacks who have been highly touted are living up to their press clippings.  Why is that an issue for you? 

10 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Honestly running QBs are very exciting.  Kyler is dynamic for sure but is an erratic passer and has won squat.

Tua has played 2 games. BFD,

What does this have to do with the Jets?

How many Jets Suck posts do we need to start? If you don't like the topic don't read it or post in it. See how that works?  Feel free to start any threads you like.... 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

How many Jets Suck posts do we need to start? If you don't like the topic don't read it or post in it. See how that works?  Feel free to start any threads you like.... 

10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Yep and I'm sticking with it. Don't like it, that is your problem. 

To the contrary, your anger amuses me. 

Do you have any other bad takes that I can critique and watch you get worked up?

• Upvote 1