Should Trevor Lawrence spurn the New York Jets? (Mike Greenberg)

Marshmello

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I was just going to say this exact same thing.  Greeny has taken the Colin Cowherd turn and likely doesn't even believe the things he says anymore.   This is what ESPN rewards, cheesedickery like this.

Welcome to sports radio/TV for the last 5+ years.

Cowherd is actually one of the select few good ones these days, which says something.

How assh0les continue to tune into the Stephen A Smith’s and Max Kellerman’s, Shannon Sharpe’s and Skip Bayless’s, etc on a daily basis is beyond me.

And the tears that many Jets fans have weeped over Benigno retiring is laughable. Benigno never provided any more insight than 20 other random posters on a random Jets message board every random Sunday for the better part of three decades.

I once used to love watching Greeny on Mike and Mike in the morning because he was a Jets fan but over the years he's became stale.

Right now instead of trying to speak it into existence (Lawrence pulling a Manning) he should be hyping up his Jet fans while letting sports fans around the Country KNOW about the possibilities of Trevor Lawrence behind a Franchise LT Mekhi Becton, A+ available salary cap space and A+ draft capital over the next two draft(s) etc etc in which will LAND us (like a Jet) an attraction Head Coaching candidate.

Because there are many creative ways to sell the Jets for crazy reactions. 

But no. Not GreenNY. He rather mock our Jets like everyone else and their mother on National TV instead of being different; in order to say "I told you so" and then cry on National TV like a sissy, some more for the next 20 years. 

But I guess it's anything for a meal ticket. 

Greenberg is like many supposed Jets fans on here. Not just here, I have friends like this. They dont want the Jets to succeed, they have built an identity of wallowing in their negativity. They live for it. They feed off of it. They would not know what to do with themselves if the Jets did win. If the Jets were to somehow get Lawrence and build a dynasty they would probably start walking around in Jaguar or Bengals jerseys.

• Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He's the worst. 

Whenever I do listen to him, I always come away with the idea that he likes the Jets to be bad so he can whine, and complain about them. That's his schtick. 

Do you think he even understands that Trevor Lawrence isn't Archie Manning's kid? He's talking about Trevor like Archie is going to be making career decisions for him. All because he went to the Manning Passing Academy. Something that lots of the top players in High School go to and many college QB's attend as well. 

He converted for the jokes?

You're an Anti-Dentite!

• Haha 2

TLAW literally said he would go wherever, why are people talking this into existence. Look, we all now how disastrous the jets have been the past ten years but they are not as historically bad as people would like to think. They are also on par if not better than teams near the top. Where do they think Trevor will force himself to? The Ravens? New England? at this rate it is the jets or the jags 

17 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Welcome to sports radio/TV for the last 5+ years.

Cowherd is actually one of the select few good ones these days, which says something.

How assh0les continue to tune into the Stephen A Smith’s and Max Kellerman’s, Shannon Sharpe’s and Skip Bayless’s, etc on a daily basis is beyond me.

And the tears that many Jets fans have weeped over Benigno retiring is laughable. Benigno never provided any more insight than 20 other random posters on a random Jets message board every random Sunday for the better part of three decades.

Colin Cowherd I like a lot.  Smart guy, fair.  

Mike Greenberg is a whiny douche whose voice frankly irritates me.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, 20andOut said:

Greenberg is like many supposed Jets fans on here. Not just here, I have friends like this. They dont want the Jets to succeed, they have built an identity of wallowing in their negativity. They live for it. They feed off of it. They would not know what to do with themselves if the Jets did win. If the Jets were to somehow get Lawrence and build a dynasty they would probably start walking around in Jaguar or Bengals jerseys.

Yup. It’s the same crowd that believes Beli will throw the game week 17 because something HAS to go against our best interests....

I know the Jets have plenty to make ppl sad about but what a miserable existence TBH....

21 hours ago, Ghost said:

Do you guys blame him honestly? I’m exactly 30 years old and I feel like I’m at my tipping point with this team. Imagine being in your 50s and 60s? You guys should see my hairline. This team is not good for my health.

I want TL more than the next guy but would you seriously blame him if he decided to not want to come here? Our incompetent owner is a good enough excuse alone to avoid this franchise. 

I’m 63. And you’re freaking out. LOL ? Those of us who were fortunate to experience SB III, have become immune over the years to any aspirations this team could possibly have.