I want Brian Schottenheimer to be our head coach

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Because he's never been a HC and his dad was a HC for 4 different franchises over 21 seasons compiling a record of 200 - 126, and in that time had only one losing season. So, I think his dad knows a thing or two about being a successful HC and would be an invaluable resource. 

Sure, but Marty was "old" 20 years ago. I'm sure, like all of us in a similar field to our Dads, he calls him up to shoot the sh*t and exchange perspective, but we're in a time where 30 year old kids are getting serious consideration for HC gigs after 20 minutes in the league. I'm sure after 23 years in his trade, Brian would be just fine figuring out the whole Head Coaching thing.

But hey, we seem to be on the same side, I'm just an argumentative prig. ? 

On 1/3/2021 at 11:10 PM, BettyBoop said:

Schittyheimer is exactly what you don’t want in a coach.  He’s not a culture changer.  He’s not a leader.  He’s a terrible coach.  If his father wasn’t so loved in the league this guy would never be hired.

Well Woody himself is a member of the lucky sperm club so maybe that helps him

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Keep moving that bar, buddy. We'll wind up with nobody that could meet your lofty standards. LOL 

72415 GIF

What bar is being moved?  Schotty has been mediocre to horrible everywhere he keeps getting chances because of his last name

And now the 2nd or 3rd best QB on the planet has given him credibility that he will lose immediately once some dumb organization makes him a HC probably us

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Name me the year Schotty had a top rated offense without Wilson doing everything for him?

Again:

2006 Chad off 2 rotator cuff surgeries

2007 Chad hurt, Clemens split time

2008 got Favre a month before season in new system for 1st time in 16 years and he didn't want to be here

2009 Rookie Sanchez

2010 O was good, 2011 was ok with malcontents all around the QB.  After 11 Brian left and Sanchez never recovered.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Meanwhile during that same timeframe both Chad and Favre had excellent seasons as soon as they got away from Schitty

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

“Deep into the playoffs with Chad Pennington”?  We made the playoffs and immediately lost after playing a cupcake laden schedule. The next 2 seasons Chad and Favre both self destructed with Schotty

and we made the playoffs in 2009-2010 because we had a great OL, and Rex killed it as a defensive playcaller with prime Revis shutting everyone down

the 2006 Jets that made the playoffs was one of the best coached teams in Jets history.  We had bottom level talent all over the field.  We had just come off a 4 and 12 season.  Pennington could barely throw a downfield pass outside the hash marks.  Getting that team to the playoffs was an unbelievable coaching job.   Chad got a  high ankle sprain in game 1 in 2007 and coupled with his rag arm simply couldn't pull off the soft tosses against NFL defenders that year.  He wasn't retained when we got Favre and he did what he always did the following year in Miami when healthy.

With Favre, before he hurt his shoulder the Jets we're arguably the best team in football.  We had just won an overtime game in NE and went on to defeat TN who at the time was undefeated.  Favre got hurt and didn't own up and essentially tanked the season.   The 2008 team was trending to a very high level before Favre hurt his shoulder and tanked.  We had won two statement games on the road in mid November before Favre crapped out on the team.  That team ran for over 125 per game with a 4.7 YPA.  Favre was a turnover machine down the stretch and absolutely killed what was arguably a SB team. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

the 2006 Jets that made the playoffs was one of the best coached teams in Jets history.  We had bottom level talent all over the field.  We had just come off a 4 and 12 season.  Pennington could barely throw a downfield pass outside the hash marks.  Getting that team to the playoffs was an unbelievable coaching job.   Chad got a  high ankle sprain in game 1 in 2007 and coupled with his rag arm simply couldn't pull off the soft tosses against NFL defenders that year.  He wasn't retained when we got Favre and he did what he always did the following year in Miami when healthy.

With Favre, before he hurt his shoulder the Jets we're arguably the best team in football.  We had just won an overtime game in NE and went on to defeat TN who at the time was undefeated.  Favre got hurt and didn't own up and essentially tanked the season.   The 2008 team was trending to a very high level before Favre hurt his shoulder and tanked.  We had won two statement games on the road in mid November before Favre crapped out on the team.  That team ran for over 125 per game with a 4.7 YPA.  Favre was a turnover machine down the stretch and absolutely killed what was arguably a SB team. 

Good god, one of the best coached teams in Jets history??. They were 4-12 mostly because of injuries, they played 5 different QBs, by week 3 their starter and backup we're out for the year. 

2008 Favre stunk most of that year, he got hurt in October then had his only good stretch of football in November before he quit on us.

A statement game over the matt cassell non playoff bound Patriots? And tennessee would finish that year 3-3 in their last 6 before going one and done in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Good god, one of the best coached teams in Jets history??. They were 4-12 mostly because of injuries, they played 5 different QBs, by week 3 their starter and backup we're out for the year. 

2008 Favre stunk most of that year, he got hurt in October then had his only good stretch of football in November before he quit on us.

A statement game over the matt cassell non playoff bound Patriots? And tennessee would finish that year 3-3 in their last 6 before going one and done in the playoffs.

They were 10 and 6 in 2006 and went to the playoffs.  You usually confuse opinions as facts but you generally get the facts straight.  You okay?  

On 12/29/2020 at 10:42 PM, playtowinthegame said:

As Seattle's OC he has helped Wilson surpass his single season high for touchdown passes (currently at 38 td's) and is on pace to finish with his best completion percentage (70%) and most yards passing (4.300) in his 9th season. He's known for running a nice conservative offense, but he's gotten much more aggressive in Seattle this season.  He may not be the genius Daboll is, but I like what I see in Seattle.

Don’t be surprised if the Seahawks win it all. 

Sorry boo , Seattle just lost .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

It's never easy to complete the 3 game sweep of a division rival in the playoffs. 

Nah.   Teams have done it.  If you win the 1st two, you should beat them again.

Rams lost Donald, had a qb with no thumb, and they won.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I didn't say it's never been done, but it's hard to complete that 3 game sweep. 

Haha you following me around the forum to downvote every post I make is adorable. I appreciate teenagers like you joining the forum and putting in your opinions though!

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Haha you following me around the forum to downvote every post I make is adorable. I appreciate teenagers like you joining the forum and putting in your opinions though!

@pointman I just looked, no need to send multiple neg reps like that. His whole page is lined up with neg reps from you. 

I didn't check this thread and I don't know the backstory but that isn't what the system is designed for.  Please put him on ignore if there is an issue here. 

Thanks.