I want Brian Schottenheimer to be our head coach

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Adam Gase helped Peyton Manning be Peyton Manning after he was already Peyton Manning. Schottenheimer helped Wilson be Wilson after he was already Wilson. 

Did you read the comments from Pete Carroll regarding Brian Schottenheimer? I don't believe you can compare Gase to Schotty. They have completely different backgrounds. Gase didn't have a father who was a head coach in the NFL for 21 years. They don't have the same personality at all, and let's not forget we got to 2 AFC Championship with Schotty as our OC. You can point to the defense being the backbone of the 2009-10 Jets teams, but he was able to produce 22 to 23 points a game with Mark Sanchez. I think he's grown a lot since then. If you don't like him, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion as much as I am. I think Brian Schottenheimer is ready to be a head coach. Hope he gets his Schotty.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Did you read the comments from Pete Carroll regarding Brian Schottenheimer? I don't believe you can compare Gase to Schotty. They have completely different backgrounds. Gase didn't have a father who was a head coach in the NFL for 21 years. They don't have the same personality at all, and let's not forget we got to 2 AFC Championship with Schotty as our OC. You can point to the defense being the backbone of the 2009-10 Jets teams, but he was able to produce 22 to 23 points a game with Mark Sanchez. I think he's grown a lot since then. If you don't like him, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion as much as I am. I think Brian Schottenheimer is ready to be a head coach. Hope he gets his Schotty.

Peyton Manning endorsed Gase, so I really don't care what anyone has to say about Schotty. Is Carroll going to sh*t on his OC?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Peyton Manning endorsed Gase, so I really don't care what anyone has to say about Schotty. Is Carroll going to sh*t on his OC?

Apples to oranges..,. Look at Seattle's offense right now. This isn't like Gase coming from Miami. Also, @SAR I is actually right about how bad this team was from all of Mike Maccagnan's disaster drafts and free agency decisions/indecisions. This team was being stripped down in 2020. Being a homer, I didn't want to see it. I wanted the playoffs this season after Brady jettisoned the Patriots. With that said, no coach would have succeeded here this season. Not even Bill Belichick. With a better coaching staff and better luck I think this rosters ceiling was 6 wins maybe. I don't blame Gase for hiring Greg Williams either...that's on Mike Maccagnan, and ultimately Christopher Johnson.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Apples to oranges..,. Look at Seattle's offense right now. This isn't like Gase coming from Miami. Also, @SAR I is actually right about how bad this team was from all of Mike Maccagnan's disaster drafts and free agency decisions/indecisions. This team was being stripped down in 2020. Being a homer, I didn't want to see it. I wanted the playoffs this season after Brady jettisoned the Patriots. With that said, no coach would have succeeded here this season. Not even Bill Belichick. With a better coaching staff and better luck I think this rosters ceiling was 6 wins maybe. I don't blame Gase for hiring Greg Williams either...that's on Mike Maccagnan, and ultimately Christopher Johnson.

Apples to apples. I don't care what someone has to say about a possible HC. Everyone is going to enthusiastically endorse their guy.

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2020 at 7:12 PM, BallinPB said:

Coaches can grow and get better as time passes.  It's clear as day the Schotty is a better coach now than when he was OC here.  While he wouldn't be my first choice, I don't think it would be terrible to take a look.  

Clear as day how?  Because he has Russell Wilson?

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2020 at 10:42 PM, playtowinthegame said:

As Seattle's OC he has helped Wilson surpass his single season high for touchdown passes (currently at 38 td's) and is on pace to finish with his best completion percentage (70%) and most yards passing (4.300) in his 9th season. He's known for running a nice conservative offense, but he's gotten much more aggressive in Seattle this season.  He may not be the genius Daboll is, but I like what I see in Seattle.

Don’t be surprised if the Seahawks win it all. 

Been there, done that.

On 12/29/2020 at 10:22 PM, TeddEY said:

I wonder what Schotty did to learn offensive football between his time with the Jets/Sanchez and the Seahawks/Wilson.  Just wish he had learned those good play calls sooner.

Nothing. Just sat back and watched Russell cook.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Worst post of 2021.

3 days into the new year. 

This below is an excerpt from a post of mine in 2011 from the site formerly known as "JI."  Apparently you have forgotten how dreadful Schitt for brains really was...

2008; vs. Broncos- opens the game with a disastrous double reverse in the pouring rain resulting in a Denver fumble rec TD

2008; vs Chiefs-calls 25 passes out of the first 28 plays resulting in 3 INT's against a KC team that was near last against the run. When asked about it after the game, "we tried to fool them."

2009; vs. Buffalo- calls pass after pass in 35 mph winds resulting in 5-INT game for Sanchez where the Jets ran for 300+ and could have run for close to 500, won the game, and all without throwing the ball once

2010- vs everybody; the worst 1st quarter offense in the league. The Jets ran the plays he spent all week scripting up.

2010 AFCG-calls a ridiculous play trying to pick up a 3rd and 17 deep in their own territory resulting in a strip sack TD for Pitt that ultimately was huge in deciding the game. The right call was for a draw and to punt it away.

~Shotgun formations on 3rd and less than 2

~failing to learn from his mistakes. He makes the same ones over and over.

~2010; getting called out publicly by the Packer defense after getting shutout at home
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...as-predictable

~January 2011; getting called out publicly by both Braylon and Tone

~constant shifting and personnel changes that result in confusion, frustration, and delay of game penalties. AKA the Schotty "Chinese Fire Drill" offense.

~Anyone think it is a coincidence that the Jets offense is better in the hurry up? Maybe because schitthead doesn't have time to call plays and Mark does it on his own.

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Wait... So... Is what you’re saying that the QB makes the coach, not the other way around?  Big, if true.

I'd say 50-50. Coaching does matter more in the NFL than any other sport. Gase was good when he had Manning and Belichick was great with Brady. But I still think Belichick is a good coach where Gase still sucks no matter what. What's sad is that Manning couldn't win until he got Dungy as his coach but he recieved all the credit for winning in Indy. But when he went to Denver Gase got a lot of the credit for him winning.