NFL Rumors: Was angry Texans QB DeShaun Watson scouting Jets in N.J on Thursday night?

44 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Watson for the #2 is a no-brainer.  Great player, still young, no bust risk like we'd have with Fields or Wilson.  The cons?  A lil bit of a head case obviously, but that's manageable.  Biggest question around - Is he a fit for what LaFleur, Saleh and Douglas want?

We have the money.  The fit is the question.  Aftter that it becomes whether the Texans demand more than a #2 (and maybe a little bit more like a 5ht or something).  If he's a fit but the Texans get nuts and want both #1's and another pick next year I just laugh and walk away.  They are not in the driver's seat.  Watson wants out.

Our in the box safety wanted out and was acting far worse than Watson. We still got two ones and a 3rd for Jamal. And you think Watson is getting dealt for a 1 and a 5th, lol?

Watson is a legit 25 year old franchise QB....

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, jbt said:

No way we get him.  If he leaves houston he will go to Miami.  They have a lot to offer in a trade 

What? First of all, Tua plays football like he’s been in the league for 15 years. We have countless draft picks in the next two years. I know they have picks too but you can’t just count us out. 

• WTF? 1

Butt hurt?  No, it was reported that someone said he wasnt happy after being told he would be kept in the loop and wasnt.  So.  We dont even know if it was true, hes never said it, unless I missed it.  
Explain crying. Hes a good kid in every way and again, hasnt made a statement, so how is he crying?  

That is news to me .. why else would there be rumors that he is trying to get out??

Hey .. if this is some conspirital smear campaign against Watson ... which I doubt... I'd be on his side .. but still would not want him because of his contract.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

That is news to me .. why else would there be rumors that he is trying to get out??

Hey .. if this is some conspirital smear campaign against Watson ... which I doubt... I'd be on his side .. but still would not want him because of his contract.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Sounds to me like one of those run away off season stories where conjecture runs wild.  The rumblings started when O'Brien traded away DHop for so little in return and the rumblings were that Watson was pissed.  Well he never said anything but had to be pissed.  So there were whispers over something not said.  Now its he must be pissed over Bieniemy, while not saying he is.  I can see why he would pissed in either case but that he doesnt want to say he is I dont get that hes a bad guy in all of this.  Im sure they'll keep badgering him until he does say something that can be taken as a complaint and then it will be an I told you so.  This is the perfect off season story, angered superstar QB wants out and then let the trade scenarios get debated all day.  Throw in a no trade clause for bonus points.  

9 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

Not wanting him due to whatever issues he has with the Texans, and how he expresses those concerns, is NOT the issue. 

Our team has way less talent than Houston does. And everyone is talking about how bad a situation they're in because they don't have any first round picks to surround Watson with talent. But so many here are willing to trade away quite possibly 4 first round picks for Watson. Where does that leave us? In the same sh*tty situation Houston is in right now but with a happy Watson. 

You guys make no sense. 

Your assuming I’d part with 4 first round picks. I never said that. 

The 2nd, Sam, and next years Seattle 1st pick.   That’s the deal I’d do and I’d do it happily. 

Also not so sure Texans have more talent than us. 

14 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Lmaooo scroll down this post and see all the closet ______ critical of Watson for wanting out of a obvious toxic situation. Funny when it came out JJ wanted out did you people criticize him? Nope, double standards as always ?

The funny thing is you see these same backwards fans openly cheering on the idea of the NYJ keeping the literal worst starting QB in the league. 

Wow ?

Um....no.  Most of the criticism is regarding the attitude and thinking he should be consulted on the GM of the team.  Unless he wants the job, no.  He's a team member.  He doesn't get to pick the GM.  You would hope the GM wants to hire a good one, but he doesn't get 'consulted.'  If he doesn't like the pick, sure......hold out.  Demand a trade.  He can do that.  Of course, Houston can deny all that,  But all I have no issue with him being pissed.  Dude wants to win, he commits to you for 5 years, and you trade all the best players away for peanuts, and then draft poorly.  

It will be interesting to see if Houston puts him on the market, and what they will want.  I don't think there are many teams that will want to give up the draft capital necessary to then turn around and pay that contract.  Flipside, Texans are $20 million over the cap.  They have to cut some players, and might have to look at a 1-15 season as a reboot.   

4 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

Your assuming I’d part with 4 first round picks. I never said that. 

The 2nd, Sam, and next years Seattle 1st pick.   That’s the deal I’d do and I’d do it happily. 

Also not so sure Texans have more talent than us. 

Dude if you really think that gets Watson then ?‍♂️

It's gonna take at least 3 of our first rounders. And everyone who wants Watson sh*ts on Sam non-stop but you guys include Sam in trade. If he's that bad why would the Texans take him!?

Just now, bgivs21 said:

It's gonna take at least 3 of our first rounders. And everyone who wants Watson sh*ts on Sam non-stop but you guys include Sam in trade. If he's that bad why would the Texans take him!?

Most of us want a better QB we have watched Sam Darnold fail miserably for 3 years. 

DeShaun Watson led the NFL in passing yards even after his #1 WR was traded and then the reaplacement #1 was suspended. 

If you can gaurantee us Sam Darnold drastically improves then ok let's roll with him I support him. 

The QB stirs the drink. 

8 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

I have no horse in this race and I’m a little hesitant to even jump in because of the tension being displayed in this thread right now?but I think the idea is that you send Houston a 24 year old QB(who many think is still salvageable) as some sort of place holder or return in the sense of having a QB after trading Watson leaves you without one. They can still draft one & hold an open competition with a rookie QB & Darnold.

Yes, make no mistake, Sam should be done here, but that doesn’t stop the NFL Community from thinking that he isn’t done all together. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Most of us want a better QB we have watched Sam Darnold fail miserably for 3 years. 

DeShaun Watson led the NFL in passing yards even after his #1 WR was traded and then the reaplacement #1 was suspended. 

If you can gaurantee us Sam Darnold drastically improves then ok let's roll with him I support him. 

The QB stirs the drink. 

But you just proved my point, you said Darnold has failed miserably. And I'm not in disagreement about Sams lack of development. 

But the poster I quoted said we could trade our 2nd, next yeats first, another pick and Sam. Why would the Texans take that and specifically Sam!? You're sitting here saying he failed miserably and then you think you could include him in a trade for Watson. It's laughable 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I have no horse in this race and I’m a little hesitant to even jump in because of the tension being displayed in this thread right now?but I think the idea is that you send Houston a 24 year old QB(who many think is still salvageable) as some sort of place holder or return in the sense of having a QB after trading Watson leaves you without one. They can still draft one & hold an open competition with a rookie QB & Darnold.

Yes, make no mistake, Sam should be done here, but that doesn’t stop the NFL Community from thinking that he isn’t done all together. 

I think the cost is just going to be far too high. You do not get a franchise 26 y.o. QB without giving up our 4 first rounders. 

The Jets aren’t trading for Watson

Ever since JD arrived he’s talked about building this team through the draft.

This is one of the weakest rosters in the league with holes all over the place. Yet I’m supposed to believe that Douglas is going to squander every bit of draft capital that he’s accrued over the last year and blow it all on a $40 million a year QB and stick him in the same situation that he’s presently trying to shoot his way out of in Houston?

LOL not a damn chance.

The Jets are either keeping Darnold and trading down or they’re taking Wilson/Fields at #2.

Those are the options 

Simple

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The Jets aren’t trading for Watson

Ever since JD arrived he’s talked about building this team through the draft.

This is one of the weakest rosters in the league with holes all over the place. Yet I’m supposed to believe that Douglas is going to squander every bit of draft capital that he’s accrued over the last year and blow it all on a $40 million a year QB and stick him in the same situation that he’s presently trying to shoot his way out of in Houston?

LOL not a damn chance.

The Jets are either keeping Darnold and trading down or they’re taking Wilson/Fields at #2.

Those are the options 

Simple

Zero % chance the Texans- who are now being ran by Patriot cronies- would ever trade a franchise QB to the Jets.