NFL Rumors: Was angry Texans QB DeShaun Watson scouting Jets in N.J on Thursday night?

I live in NJ near the Jets practice facility in Florham Park. Nobody who plays for the Jets would live in Edgewater or nearby. It's too far away and their are numerous towns that are just as nice in a 10 mile radius around Florham Park - Summit, Chatham, Madison, Mendham, Chester, Randolph, Bernardsville....

Madison resident checking in. Originally from Bergen county. Fantastic down here though.

Get invited to the facility a lot. Hopefully this photo doesn’t die hard.

418e179ea9bcc7140f1f430dc4b3fe0e.jpg
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If you have the opportunity to get a top 3-5 QB at 25 years old on his current contract you absolutely have to. I'd gladly give up 2 firsts and Sam or 3 firsts. The second you get Watson you'll attract every top FA.

No, sorry top FA are attracted by $, term and by an existing winning team.  Were players going to flock to houston this off season due to watson?

With no draft picks the Jets are houston, a 5 win team with a good QB.

I love Watson as a Qb, I'd for sure give up the laughable comp they talked about in the article darnold and #2 overall.  It will take much more than that.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If you have the opportunity to get a top 3-5 QB at 25 years old on his current contract you absolutely have to. I'd gladly give up 2 firsts and Sam or 3 firsts. The second you get Watson you'll attract every top FA.

hasn't been working real well for the Texans.  

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Watson has a no trade clause which he would rescind for his chosen team ie he’d pick where he would go if that org had enough assets to trade for him.

99% chance he just stays in Houston- the owner would be strung up if he traded him. I don’t think Watson Jamal’s his way out but that’s just about his only way out

The owner just traded the best WR in football for a 3rd and a 5th. Do you really think he cares what his fans think?

• Upvote 1

Lmaooo scroll down this post and see all the closet ______ critical of Watson for wanting out of a obvious toxic situation. Funny when it came out JJ wanted out did you people criticize him? Nope, double standards as always ?

The funny thing is you see these same backwards fans openly cheering on the idea of the NYJ keeping the literal worst starting QB in the league. 

Wow ?

• Upvote 4

Lmaooo scroll down this post and see all the closet ______ critical of Watson for wanting out of a obvious toxic situation. Funny when it came out JJ wanted out did you people criticize him? Nope, double standards as always
 The funny thing is you see these same backwards fans openly cheering on the idea of the NYJ keeping the literal worst starting QB in the league. 

Wow
Was really into this post until I discovered it was actually a Mad Libs game.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

No, sorry top FA are attracted by $, term and by an existing winning team.  Were players going to flock to houston this off season due to watson?

With no draft picks the Jets are houston, a 5 win team with a good QB.

I love Watson as a Qb, I'd for sure give up the laughable comp they talked about in the article darnold and #2 overall.  It will take much more than that.

The Texans are over the cap, they couldn't sign FAs if they wanted to. In the offers I proposed the Jets would either have 1 first round pick next year or 2 firsts next year plus Sam to trade, plus the $80m in cap to get FAs.

FAs do go for money but the Jets are proof that players turn down top dollar to go to better situations; Hightower, Cousins, Barr. The salary cap is dropping to the point where only half the league will be able to be active and those that are won't be able to spend the kind of money we have (Jags and Pat's aside)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Oh .. really ? Wasn't he all butt hurt over his boss not letting him in on his decision making ??? Or was that another 100 million dollar crybaby ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Butt hurt?  No, it was reported that someone said he wasnt happy after being told he would be kept in the loop and wasnt.  So.  We dont even know if it was true, hes never said it, unless I missed it.  

Explain crying. Hes a good kid in every way and again, hasnt made a statement, so how is he crying?  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

Charlie, don't do this to yourself.  This is a silly article by a writter who is just trying to get some hits.  What would Watson's being in NJ have to do with him playing for the Jets?

If the Jets even smile at him they will lose the #2 pick in the draft, let alone talk to him in their complex.  I doubt very strongly the Texans are going to let Waton walk.  if they do as @jbt said, it very well might be Miami.   They have the draft capital, and can kick Tua in.

That would be a lot of fun for Jets fans, Allen and Watson in the Jets division, while the Jets are marching Darnold out there.

GOOD GRIEF that would be horrible.  :) 

Of Course you are correct... Just having fun!! :) 

IMO Houston would be INSANE to trade Watson at this point and time!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

Anyone who doesn’t want Watson is nuts.

He’s not a malcontent...imagine our fanbase if we traded hopkins for peanuts. We would be on Watsons side.  We’d all be saying that he deserved better and should go somewhere else. 

Then they lied to him. Oh yeah they also fired the scout who scouted him, who he was close to, for no apparent reason. Why would he want to be there? 

Honestly how many games would it take him to break all of the single season Jets passing records? 9 games? 

Not wanting him due to whatever issues he has with the Texans, and how he expresses those concerns, is NOT the issue. 

Our team has way less talent than Houston does. And everyone is talking about how bad a situation they're in because they don't have any first round picks to surround Watson with talent. But so many here are willing to trade away quite possibly 4 first round picks for Watson. Where does that leave us? In the same sh*tty situation Houston is in right now but with a happy Watson. 

You guys make no sense. 

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

If the Jets can get a motivated Watson, you MUST say bye to Sam Darnold; give up the #2 pick................... and get Watson Now!!!!

Watson for the #2 is a no-brainer.  Great player, still young, no bust risk like we'd have with Fields or Wilson.  The cons?  A lil bit of a head case obviously, but that's manageable.  Biggest question around - Is he a fit for what LaFleur, Saleh and Douglas want?

We have the money.  The fit is the question.  Aftter that it becomes whether the Texans demand more than a #2 (and maybe a little bit more like a 5ht or something).  If he's a fit but the Texans get nuts and want both #1's and another pick next year I just laugh and walk away.  They are not in the driver's seat.  Watson wants out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GQMartin said:

Madison resident checking in. Originally from Bergen county. Fantastic down here though.

Get invited to the facility a lot. Hopefully this photo doesn’t die hard.

418e179ea9bcc7140f1f430dc4b3fe0e.jpg

Is that you, the wife and Darnold?

If so, Darnold becomes the second worst decision-maker in the pic after your girl! :P

(I kid, I kid!) 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I live in NJ near the Jets practice facility in Florham Park. Nobody who plays for the Jets would live in Edgewater or nearby. It's too far away and their are numerous towns that are just as nice in a 10 mile radius around Florham Park - Summit, Chatham, Madison, Mendham, Chester, Randolph, Bernardsville....

So it's more likely he went to visit friend for unrelated reasons or to visit a dead relative in a boneyard. 

DeShaun Watson is not going to be a Jet. The New Dump is a two team venue, if people want to speculate that much.

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

The Texans are over the cap, they couldn't sign FAs if they wanted to. In the offers I proposed the Jets would either have 1 first round pick next year or 2 firsts next year plus Sam to trade, plus the $80m in cap to get FAs.

FAs do go for money but the Jets are proof that players turn down top dollar to go to better situations; Hightower, Cousins, Barr. The salary cap is dropping to the point where only half the league will be able to be active and those that are won't be able to spend the kind of money we have (Jags and Pat's aside)

They don’t clear any cap space in 2021 by trading Watson; they eat another $5MM. His current cap number is $16MM, including 1/5 of his SB; trading before the draft accelerates the entire remaining of his SB to this year - or an additional 3/5 of his $27MM signing bonus ($15MM) from 5 months ago - which is more than his base salary of $10.5MM. 

If the Texans are worried about getting under the cap, the way to fix that isn’t by trading the best player they’ve got, whose cap number for the year is artificially low as it is. They’d cut Watt & Cooks 10x out of 10 before trading Watson. They can also cut David Johnson, restructure Tunsil and others, etc.

Nobody signs a player for over $40MM/year and then - while thrilled with his play - trades him 4-5 months later because he’s acting moody in January over the player thinking he has a right to veto a GM hire before it’s made official (but if they said he’d have input and didn’t give it to him that’s on the owner not the player). Hey, **** the Texans, but while I’m sympathetic to his being upset, it’s also true he’s a player not the team CEO. Nobody put a gun to his head to sign a 4-year extension in September, the team slighting him for no reason (if they indeed promised him otherwise when he signed his extension) is just dumbassery but doesn’t mean he de facto gets to overrule the team’s GM pick. 

All that aside, I’d take him in a heartbeat, but he’s not getting traded. This will blow over. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Lmaooo scroll down this post and see all the closet ______ critical of Watson for wanting out of a obvious toxic situation. Funny when it came out JJ wanted out did you people criticize him? Nope, double standards as always ?

Wow ?

everyone-who-disagrees-with-me-is-racist-andor-hitler-a-childs-guide-to-internet-debate.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1