***The Official 2021 NFL Super Bowl LV Game Thread***

10 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Social media has expedited the demise of the country. The uber-woke left and the lunatic far right are the loudest voices on Twitter and they set the conversation on both sides. Also, if you don’t conform to one of the extreme sides you are ostracized.

The Social Dilemma on Netflix is a must watch for anyone who hasn’t seen it. 

Great post. Both extremes are lunatics and do not in almost any way represent the views of the majority of people. 

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I don't really know how that cliche on power applies to what I was saying.

I think people need to shut off the news and get off social media. This doesn't mean you'll be uninformed. In fact, you'll likely better informed without either of those things in your life. 

I don't have a FB, Twitter or any other social media presence. JN is my one dalience into forums. It is important where you get your informatuion from and I agree social media is not the place.

I read the WSJ, Washington Times and Examiner & the NY Post (get my Met, Jet, Knick, Ranger fix). I do watch Bret Bayer at 6 pm for the late day news. Thats it. I love this country and have taught my sons to love it as well. I don't have a gun nor do I attend rallies. I vbote my conscience that all men (and babies) are created in the image of God. That's me..... and I try to make my case cordially to others. 

36 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh, gotcha. I thought the overuse was due to projecting because of seeking validation by blowing Jets interns so you could post internet gossip. But yeah this makes total sense too. 

These "interns" you speak of are all females. I'd be happy to blow 2-out-of-3 of them. 

37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No thanks.

I don't think you actually know what most of the words you use mean. 

Cool story.

Were you showing empathy when you called me a Cuck, or no?  Just curious.

Why would it get ugly?  

I don't.  At all.  Thanks tho.  

seg·re·ga·tion
/ˌseɡrəˈɡāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the action or state of setting someone or something apart from other people or things or being set apart.

You really are pretty duckin' dumb aren't you. The word "segregate" or even "segregation" has more meaning than your definition of it. It does not always mean, "the action or state of setting liberals, racial minorities, and sexual minorities apart from other people or being set apart."

As far as empathy, I can be empathetic and still be inconsiderate towards your feelings. Empathy does not equate to caring. 

I was just kidding about being a narcissist but now I'm pretty sure you must be. Either that or you have an IQ below a 40. 

Otherwise, I don't want this to get ugly in the sense that people will get banned. If you want to continue to argue I can find time to off-platform. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Too many people think the sky is falling and that we're on the verge of fascism or communism.

I think @slimjasi has it right in this thread. Folks have just become rabid and hyperbolic when they talk about this sh*t. 

And too many bad actors stand to benefit from ratcheting up the doomsday scenarios of what will happen if someone they don't agree with holds office or has cultural clout. 

If there's ever been a time to turn of the news, get off social media (other than Jets fans forums, of course), abandon political conversations and live a simpler life... it's now. 

Yep, agreed. 

One big issue iss that you get the news you want nowadays. You watch one channel and you can get the red news and you watch a few different channels and you can get the blue news. People aren't becoming more informed from news and social media, they are just fortifying their echo chambers. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I don't know if I would call 51.3% of the vote a repudiation! Especially where their were strong beliefs of fraud were rampant. The guy who couldn't draw a crowd of 50 people, running from his basement, doing horribly in the primaries until SC somehow got 81 million votes. 

I'm not destroying anything.... I am the one trying to stand up for 1 vote =1 citizen. I care about this country. My heart aches for the inner city children in Chicago, Newark, LA who have been at the mercy of a political group that shows up every election cycle then leaves. When I see the corruption in government I wonder how these crooks get re-elected. I sure as hell am not voting for them... Republican or democrat

Just because "there were strong beliefs of fraud were (being) rampant" does not make it true. The election was not rigged. 64 of 65 lost court cases, the Trump legal admitting under oath that there was no fraud and even Trumps lackey AG saying there was no fraud pretty much kills that argument.  It's a completely circular LIE. You tell people over and over that there is fraud, some believe it after hearing it 10, 000 times and then there needs to be an investigation because people believe it. Please

I have no doubt in my mind that many Biden votes were as much anti-Trump votes as pro-Biden votes. He is the least popular president ever son that should not be a surprise.

1 vote =1 citizen is true but that means ALL citizens by ballot, mail in ballot, absentee ballot without artificial restriction. that targets minority and urban voters.

We do agree on the corruption. I essentially hate all politicians equally. McConnel and Pelosi disgust me at the same level. The Senate and House increasingly do not represent the values, needs and opinions of the majority of Americans. They instead represent an unhinged war for power wielded by extremists on both sides.

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I don't have a FB, Twitter or any other social media presence. JN is my one dalience into forums. It is important where you get your informatuion from and I agree social media is not the place.

I read the WSJ, Washington Times and Examiner & the NY Post (get my Met, Jet, Knick, Ranger fix). I do watch Bret Bayer at 6 pm for the late day news. Thats it. I love this country and have taught my sons to love it as well. I don't have a gun nor do I attend rallies. I vbote my conscience that all men (and babies) are created in the image of God. That's me..... and I try to make my case cordially to others. 

You do you. I'm not interested in evangelizing any particular beliefs, political or religious, to anyone I don't know very well, especially not on a Jets message board where I come to routinely be wrong about all things New York Jets. 

The only good piece of advice I endorse is to consume as little political content as possible, in every medium it comes in, and to have the smallest possible social media presence you can. If it wasn't for the pandemic, I'd probably post a lot less and I have no other social media, anywhere. 

31 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I find it refreshing that a man your age leans conservative. I am in my late 50's and I fear for my 3 sons in the future dystopian world being thrusted upon us. The little guy (low income & middle class families) will suffer the most in the end. The government has become and will continue to be a rendition of the Politburo where people go and become millionaires and pass on their jobs to their sons and daughters. Family members profit by seeling access to the highest levels of government and the media turns a blind eye because they are a part of it. An all consuming orgy of power and privaledge among the elite. And the people who blindly participated in securing their power will be left to fend for themselves.

I never viewed it as being conservative. It wasn't until recently that I guess I found myself thinking more like conservatives do because of the lunacy and hypocrisy I've witnessed over the years. Those in charge of educating people in this country have totally redefined what it means to be "conservative" and "liberal". I share both conservative and liberal beliefs. At it's premise, being liberal is about centralized government---leaving the government in charge of solving problems. Conversely, conservative is de-centralized government---promoting self-governance. 

We live in a world where being conservative has been redefined as being a nazi, and being liberal is now woke. None of it makes sense. I've always cared about things like promoting positive social change, but I don't necessarily agree with the government being the one in control of said promotion. I think we need to take it upon ourselves at the grassroot level, to educate our friends/family, and to shepherd a better world. That's a "conservative" point of view on a shared issue. However, modern liberals have become results oriented. They don't care about the process, they want results and want it now, and if you don't agree with force feeding these beliefs than your a racist. I can't agree with that, and I recognize that most of these narratives are pushed on purpose because they sell, and that social media does more harm than good because they popularize people's "takes"... our current state of affairs is a mess, evidenced by this thread. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yep, agreed. 

One big issue iss that you get the news you want nowadays. You watch one channel and you can get the red news and you watch a few different channels and you can get the blue news. People aren't becoming more informed from news and social media, they are just fortifying their echo chambers. 

I already mentioned social media being a virus. The 24 hour news cycle is equally cancerous. You can get the news of the day in 30-60 minutes. The remaining 23 hours of airtime have to be filled with redundant, hot take, tribal analysis. 

We’ve also become numb to current events because we live in a world where “Breaking News” is flashing on the screen at all times and you’re constantly getting alerts on your phone. It’s essentially white noise and has slowly desensitized us to everything. 

Murrow and Cronkite are rolling in their graves. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

1 vote =1 citizen is true but that means ALL citizens by ballot, mail in ballot, absentee ballot without artificial restriction. that targets minority and urban voters.

I have to show ID to take out a book in the Library but not to vote..Hmmmm

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, section314 said:

Great for tailgating. I know you still have Charlotte Jets fan club in you.?Still one of my favorite Jet road trips......you guys put on a first class party.

Gone down to the Carolina road trip every time. Hoping we can go this year, that you can go into the stadium and this virus has subsided. Will take the bride since the tyke will be out of college and make a fact-finding mission for a southern command post. This shoveling sh!t is too damn much, to say nothing of all the current awfulness. Even with 2 grandkids across the street, NYC full time sucks. Several cousins and uncles have or are moving to St.Augustine/Jax, but simply don't really like Florida except in small doses. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, section314 said:

Great for tailgating. I know you still have Charlotte Jets fan club in you.?Still one of my favorite Jet road trips......you guys put on a first class party.

I don't run the club any longer... im sort of like "President emeritus".  The guys running the club do a great job and yes, plans are in the works for the next game where the Jets are here.   Coming soon.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Gone down to the Carolina road trip every time. Hoping we can go this year, that you can go into the stadium and this virus has subsided. Will take the bride since the tyke will be out of college and make a fact-finding mission for a southern command post. This shoveling sh!t is too damn much, to say nothing of all the current awfulness. Even with 2 grandkids across the street, NYC full time sucks. Several cousins and uncles have or are moving to St.Augustine/Jax, but simply don't really like Florida except in small doses. 

Ive been in Charlotte for 25 years...  died and went to heaven. 

On 2/7/2021 at 10:08 PM, Bugg said:

Denzel did a great job in the role. 

Gina Carrano would be terrific.

An out of shape almost 60 woman is not plausible in that role, period. So in the sense she is out of shape, yes. I am in fact noticing that about her. Would like to see actors cast in roles that make sense. Would you cast Carrottop or Pee Wee Herman as "Hamlet"?  

As others have said, most of network TV is garbage. This is too.

This aged well. Lolololololololol