Jump to content

The Jets Aren't Going to be Good This Year


slats
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, slats said:

So your position is that the Jets can never be good?  
 
The Giants were nowhere before Parcells. 
The 49ers were nowhere before Walsh. 
The Packers were a wasteland by the time Holmgren came aboard. The Buccaneers winning two Super Bowls? 
 
The examples are practically limitless. 

Yeah, if Robert Saleh and/or Zach Wilson become Hall of Famers.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kmnj said:

Joe is in year three of his contract and getting paid by the jets-it is true it is his second draft-he needs to hit home runs all over-he made the roster MUCH worse since his arrival -this is a fact-now it is time to make it much better

another 2-5 win season is not going to cut it

This.  Time's up.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The schedule looks rough.  Yes I know the draft hasn’t happened yet but 3 of the “winnable” games - the Jags are getting Lawrence, Falcons are getting Pitts and Bengals are getting Sewell

Look at the rosters of the Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, Browns, and Rams, all teams that Adam Gase was able to beat with a roster far worse than the one Robert Saleh is bringing to the table.

8 wins is the expectation for 2021.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2021 at 10:36 PM, SAR I said:

Look at the rosters of the Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, Browns, and Rams, all teams that Adam Gase was able to beat with a roster far worse than the one Robert Saleh is bringing to the table.

8 wins is the expectation for 2021.

SAR I

7E625249-4E88-49B8-8A2B-30421AB8526E.thumb.jpeg.773e241ff1456c2ccf9c42df48959a23.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2021 at 2:43 PM, kmnj said:

Joe is in year three of his contract and getting paid by the jets-it is true it is his second draft-he needs to hit home runs all over-he made the roster MUCH worse since his arrival -this is a fact-now it is time to make it much better

another 2-5 win season is not going to cut it

Parcells had his 4-28 team he inherited in the AFC championship very soon after taking over-he did with with free agents and the draft and his better coaching

I give joe credit for hiring a coach that I think can  do the job

now joe must provide  him with a quality roster

as now now we are going to bring in another young qb and as of now he will be "protected" by a terrible line, has no  viable tight ends and poor washed out running backs-the WR core is avg as of now

 

 

 

 

 

I agree that we need to start seeing results, but there is no "OR ELSE option. 

If we win 5-6 games do you think it would be smart to fire Douglas? Obviously, not. So we all just need to be patient and hope things work out in the long run with JD. 

If after this year we thought his picks weren't good enough and wanted him fired, all that would happen is that we would bring in a new GM who would want his own QB, his own Head Coach etc... You will just be back here in 3 years demanding the next GM to be fired. 

I just want to see progress from last year and Zach Wilson emerge as a potential franchise QB. Not too much t

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2021 at 4:30 PM, Philc1 said:

The schedule looks rough.  Yes I know the draft hasn’t happened yet but 3 of the “winnable” games - the Jags are getting Lawrence, Falcons are getting Pitts and Bengals are getting Sewell

I am not afraid of Tua, Cam, Sam, Lock, Texans mystery QB, Wentz, rookie QB for Jags, Jameis, Hurts and Bengals.  That's 12 winnable games imo.  

Of course, when these teams look at the Jets, they see them as a VERY winnable game and heading into the season we will likely be underdogs to almost all of these teams. But I really don't see this schedule as anything unusually difficult. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am not afraid of Tua, Cam, Sam, Lock, Texans mystery QB, Wentz, rookie QB for Jags, Jameis, Hurts and Bengals.  That's 12 winnable games imo.  

Of course, when these teams look at the Jets, they see them as a VERY winnable game and heading into the season we will likely be underdogs to almost all of these teams. But I really don't see this schedule as anything unusually difficult. 

12 wins huh? 

It must be nice to walk around believing in this outcome 

Well it's fun until the games start 

It feels like every year we have these huge hopes and by the 2nd quarter of the first game they are getting blown out 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

12 wins huh? 

It must be nice to walk around believing in this outcome 

Well it's fun until the games start 

It feels like every year we have these huge hopes and by the 2nd quarter of the first game they are getting blown out 

I never said they would win 12, i said it's 12 games that are winnable. HUGE difference. Winnable games could be a game where we are 4 pt dogs vs 14 like last year. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I never said they would win 12, i said it's 12 games that are winnable. HUGE difference. Winnable games could be a game where we are 4 pt dogs vs 14 like last year. 

Every game is technically winnable 

I see them winning 6 maybe 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

7E625249-4E88-49B8-8A2B-30421AB8526E.thumb.jpeg.773e241ff1456c2ccf9c42df48959a23.jpeg

No, I'm saying there's an expectation.

If Adam Gase was the worst coach in the NFL and could get the beat up, injured, depleted 2019 Maccagnan Jets to 7 wins then Robert Saleh can get the new, improved, better coached 2021 Douglas Jets to 8.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If we win 5-6 games do you think it would be smart to fire Douglas?

Of course.

The Jets fanbase was able to sniff out an awful head coach in Adam Gase after 4 games.  No way if we have another weak season they're going to give Joe Douglas 4 years.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, I'm saying there's an expectation.

If Adam Gase was the worst coach in the NFL and could get the beat up, injured, depleted 2019 Maccagnan Jets to 7 wins then Robert Saleh can get the new, improved, better coached 2021 Douglas Jets to 8.

SAR I

Ok.  SAR has convinced me.  It is mandatory the Jets win 8 games this year.

If they dont, what do we do SAR?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

No, I'm saying there's an expectation.

If Adam Gase was the worst coach in the NFL and could get the beat up, injured, depleted 2019 Maccagnan Jets to 7 wins then Robert Saleh can get the new, improved, better coached 2021 Douglas Jets to 8.

SAR I

So exactly how many games are we winning with Brian Hoyer next season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So exactly how many games are we winning with Brian Hoyer next season?

Adam Gase went 0-4 without a starting quarterback in 2019, so Saleh can do better than that.  And Gase sucked.  Worst HC in the NFL.  I was an idiot not to see it.  You were all so right.  Therefore Saleh will get to 8 wins easy.  Because he's a) much better than Gase and b) has a better roster against c) an easier schedule.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For JD so much will depend on the starting roster he puts on the field this year.

He has a new QB but the OL is EXACTLY the same as it was last year - which was possibly the worst OL I've ever seen.

I'm sure he'll draft one somewhere but he can NOT possibly count on 3rd round picks to have any impact or start.

He needs to upgrade RB and needs to upgrade TE - all of this should be done this off-season.

His first FA off-season was a disaster.  This one seems to be a bit better but I was expecting more.  Still a lot of time left though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ok.  So you will be doing this?  Great.  If we only get 6 or 7 wins, its great we can count on you to do this for us.

Looking forward to seeing you put this together if we only win 6 or 7 games.

I can't be bothered with such things.  I'm as down on the Jets and my fandom as I've ever been.  I have low expectations so I don't feel very passionate about it.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I can't be bothered with such things.  I'm as down on the Jets and my fandom as I've ever been.  I have low expectations so I don't feel very passionate about it.

SAR I

Other than knowing I don't have to watch Sam Darnold going through the motions this season like he did last season is my only saving grace. But, being pretty sure the next QB will meet a similar fate kinda kills it for me. Just plan on spending my Sundays up at the lake house fishing and eating with friends and family. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I can't be bothered with such things.  I'm as down on the Jets and my fandom as I've ever been.  I have low expectations so I don't feel very passionate about it.

SAR I

Ok.  So you saying, "He better" or "He has to" in regards to winning a certain amount of games means absolutely nothing outside of a personal barometer you have set.

Got it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ok.  So you saying, "He better" or "He has to" in regards to winning a certain amount of games means absolutely nothing outside of a personal barometer you have set.

Got it.

You can stop with the Jedi Mind Tricks, Jar Jar.  You swore that Adam Gase was the worst coach in the NFL.  You swore that Mike Maccagnan was the worst GM in the NFL.  You swore that Sam Darnold was the worst QB in the NFL.

Well, they're all gone now.  There is no excuse for a 2 win or a 6 win season.  That should be childsplay for a GM who has been here 3 years and shaped the roster in his vision.  That should be cake for a HC and OC who actually know what they're doing.  That should be good for a QB without the baggage and bad habits.  That should happen as the '21 schedule is easier than the '19 schedule.

Your words, not mine.  

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That should be childsplay for a GM who has been here 3 years and shaped the roster in his vision. 

Especially one who’s managed to be here for three years while also being hired less than two years ago. 

Child’s play. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slats said:

Especially one who’s managed to be here for three years while also being hired less than two years ago. 

Child’s play. 

As of next Thursday, Joe Douglas will have managed or orchestrated:

2019 - Free Agency (OL, K, more)

2020 - Free Agency (All)

2020 - Draft

2021 - Free Agency (All)

2021 - Draft

In that same span of time, John Lynch rebuilt the 49ers from 2-14 to 13-3 and he was a TV broadcaster.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase went 0-4 without a starting quarterback in 2019, so Saleh can do better than that.  And Gase sucked.  Worst HC in the NFL.  I was an idiot not to see it.  You were all so right.  Therefore Saleh will get to 8 wins easy.  Because he's a) much better than Gase and b) has a better roster against c) an easier schedule.

SAR I

Look barring Trevor falling to us at 2 it’s gonna be yet another rough season and you will be inventing new ways to speak positively 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, I'm saying there's an expectation.

If Adam Gase was the worst coach in the NFL and could get the beat up, injured, depleted 2019 Maccagnan Jets to 7 wins then Robert Saleh can get the new, improved, better coached 2021 Douglas Jets to 8.

SAR I

I say 9, then it would equal Gases wins his entire tenure  as the Jets head coach. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Of course.

The Jets fanbase was able to sniff out an awful head coach in Adam Gase after 4 games.  No way if we have another weak season they're going to give Joe Douglas 4 years.

SAR I

Woody is not firing anyone who has three years left on their contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...