Elijah Moore vs. Dwayne Eskeridge

1 hour ago, The Green Dude said:

You're nuts... getting Moore when we did and not having any 3rd rounders is amazing value. 

Another one who can't have a conversation without insulting someone.....  We will see who is nuts next season.  The separation between Eskridge (if there is any) is a lot smaller than you think and getting an additional pick in the deal would also help us address other needs.   But then again, I'm nuts for even thinking such things. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

says the guy with a byu QB in his avatar who played again FCS talent

I totally agree with @JetBlue ... it is what is now, but i have questions about Joe... trading up for an OG in a draft with lots of OGs, and refuting trade offers for a slot WR in a draft class with lots of Slot WRs...

If it all comes together, it won't matter

It is funny how someone can bring up the "competition" issue but be all in on Zach Wilson.  I personally am not caught up in that particular argument.  To me, a better point would have been his age (24 or soon to be).  If he was 20 or 21....   

8 hours ago, JetBlue said:

It is funny how someone can bring up the "competition" issue but be all in on Zach Wilson.  I personally am not caught up in that particular argument.  To me, a better point would have been his age (24 or soon to be).  If he was 20 or 21....   

I think it’s relevant simply because you talked about “running away from guys” and creating separation. If you take two guys with elite speed obviously it’s easier to “run away from guys” when the guys trying to cover you are slower.

QB is a tad bit different — Wilson will need to adjust to the speed of the NFL but the windows he’s going to throw to aren’t necessarily going to very different because he wasn’t playing with NFL WRs.

• Upvote 1

Moore is a great route runner.  He's been compared to Steve Smith and he projected as a 1st round pick as a slot receiver.  Now we may undervalue slot recievers but Atlanta just took a TE at 4.   Larry Fitzgerald was moved to the slot in 2015 and proceeded to put up 3 straight 1000 yard seasons with over 100 catches as an old man.   We have two big long WR on the outside and this kid gives us a route runner who gets open and makes plays.  

Stop crying about what guys went after him.  A great route runner with good hands who gets open out of the slot is a huge part of today's Offense.   He's a more complete reciever than Eskeridge.  Eskridge was switched from Offense to Defense and back.   Route running and knowing how to play the position matters.  

8 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Another one who can't have a conversation without insulting someone.....  We will see who is nuts next season.  The separation between Eskridge (if there is any) is a lot smaller than you think and getting an additional pick in the deal would also help us address other needs.   But then again, I'm nuts for even thinking such things. 

If you took that as an insult I apologize. But hey, it's 2021. I have been high on Moore for a while and I just really don't think the two compare with YAC. Eskridge has the speed I will give you that. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

there isn't a team in the NFL who takes Dwayne Eskeridge over Elijah Moore. Eskerdige is a 24 year old playing against 18-20 year olds in the MAC.

That's where my head is at. Moore was in my top 4 and I had to YouTube this dude a few weeks ago. ?‍♂️

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

I totally agree with @JetBlue ... it is what is now, but i have questions about Joe... trading up for an OG in a draft with lots of OGs, and refuting trade offers for a slot WR in a draft class with lots of Slot WRs...

except competition level for non QBs actually matters because of 1 on 1's. CB vs WR, LT vs DE, ect.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'm with you totally on this.  I'll probably get roasted, but JD f-cked up the 2nd round royally. Not pleased at all.  So disgusted after a half hour of thinking what JD could have brought with a trade, I couldn't watch the rest of day 2.  

I don't care if the rest of this board feels differently.  I give JD a C- for the trade up plus the failure to compensate by trading down in rd 2. 

All for a freaking slot WR in a draft loaded with them?  When we already have a good slot receiver for 2021 already?  F-that!   You have to be kidding me.

Terrible

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Elijah Moore was a first round talent that fell. Eskeridge was a third round talent that was a reach.

We made the right choice. 

This, they were talking this post draft.  JD had a 1st round rating on Moore and jumped at him.

• Upvote 2

Moore is more Phyiscal , hes stronger,  hes not afraid of going into middlle.  , also think they will use him in backfield.  He was a first round talent.   Only problem I have is he was Mel Kilpers favroite player. Lol 

11 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Elijah Moore is a friggin weapon. He will be our leading receiver and he will lead in yards from scrimmage. He will get the ball 10-12 times a game. I'm not even going to watch the highlights of the other guy - no need to!

the entire NFL said all the same things last year about the slot WR who was supposed to be a generational talent: Ruggs.  Then he contributed zilch all season with a plethora of excuses.  I hope you are right.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm with you totally on this.  I'll probably get roasted, but JD f-cked up the 2nd round royally. Not pleased at all.  So disgusted after a half hour of thinking what JD could have brought with a trade, I couldn't watch the rest of day 2.  

I don't care if the rest of this board feels differently.  I give JD a C- for the trade up plus the failure to compensate by trading down in rd 2. 

All for a freaking slot WR in a draft loaded with them?  When we already have a good slot receiver for 2021 already?  F-that!   You have to be kidding me.

Terrible

I don’t think there was much of a trade down market at 34, otherwise I would tend to agree with you.  

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I don’t think there was much of a trade down market at 34, otherwise I would tend to agree with you.  

We'll never know, will we?  At a minimum, it was reported he was offered a 4th.  Not sure how many spots that trade down would have been.  Oh well. Very Jetsy of JD.

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

We'll never know, will we?  At a minimum, it was reported he was offered a 4th.  Not sure how many spots that trade down would have been.  Oh well. Very Jetsy of JD.

I had more of an issue trading up in the 1st than I did about not trading down in the 2nd.  

Pigeon holing Moore as a "slot receiver" and not actually looking at the player is leading to some ridiculous takes. I'm happy with the pick and the draft overall....  I'd rather draft quality players than the Idzik 12.

We are targeting players on offense and doing what's necessary to get them.... Some around here aren't happy unless they're upset.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Moore is a great route runner.  He's been compared to Steve Smith and he projected as a 1st round pick as a slot receiver.  Now we may undervalue slot recievers but Atlanta just took a TE at 4.   Larry Fitzgerald was moved to the slot in 2015 and proceeded to put up 3 straight 1000 yard seasons with over 100 catches as an old man.   We have two big long WR on the outside and this kid gives us a route runner who gets open and makes plays.  

Stop crying about what guys went after him.  A great route runner with good hands who gets open out of the slot is a huge part of today's Offense.   He's a more complete reciever than Eskeridge.  Eskridge was switched from Offense to Defense and back.   Route running and knowing how to play the position matters.  

Um, who is crying?  I'm fine with the player, I just feel Eskridge PLUS another MID ROUND pick would been just as good.  Especially since this guy is a monster on special teams as well.   At any rate, Moore is a Jet and I support him fully.   

7 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Pigeon holing Moore as a "slot receiver" and not actually looking at the player is leading to some ridiculous takes. I'm happy with the pick and the draft overall....  I'd rather draft quality players than the Idzik 12.

We are targeting players on offense and doing what's necessary to get them.... Some around here aren't happy unless they're upset.

And some have reading comprehension problems.  No one is upset and no one is pigeon holing him into being just a slot receiver.  You got your threads mixed up.  My point is simply from a talent stand point these players are lot closer than you think and if we could have gotten back in the 3rd round or another 4th rounder it might have been worth it to trade down.   Get it now?  This a fan forum and we are allowed to consider these things.     The fact that Eskridge is 24 is a major negative so I can see why he was considered a later round prospect but this dude can play.  

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

And some have reading comprehension problems.  No one is upset and no one is pigeon holing him into being just a slot receiver.  You got your threads mixed up.  My point is simply from a talent stand point these players are lot closer than you think and if we could have gotten back in the 3rd round or another 4th rounder it might have been worth it to trade down.   Get it now?  This a fan forum and we are allowed to consider these things.     The fact that Eskridge is 24 is a major negative so I can see why he was considered a later round prospect but this dude can play.  

Don't need to get uppity with me it's not like I called you out directly.... You like Eskridge cool good for you...

I'm not putting a premium on fourth round picks so I don't really care if we could get another one. All of the lineman and CBs I would have wanted are gone already so having 3 fourth rounders to take  lottery tickets isn't something I'm interested in .... Premium picks are done midway through the third that's just my opinion.

Hopefully we take one of the decent RBs left and a project at CB or OL.

If I wanted to be a hyperbolic ***hole I would just say some nonsense like "you and your 30 year old WR can go suck eggs" but Eskridge is fine.  I'd just rather have Moore who is younger, considered by some to be the most nuanced route runner in the draft, along with putting up consistent numbers and having exceptional measurables other than height  I like the Moore pick I'd rather have him than have Eskridge and a fourth.

Get it now ?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

My point is simply from a talent stand point these players are lot closer than you think

In actuality I think you think they are and they arent.  

At some point its about quality of the player over an extra 4th

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This, they were talking this post draft.  JD had a 1st round rating on Moore and jumped at him.

When you are selecting 34, there is a pretty good chance there is more than one guy you can say that about unless JD draft board nailed the first round in which case he would do better placing bets in Vegas than being the Jets GM. 

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

When you are selecting 34, there is a pretty good chance there is more than one guy you can say that about unless JD draft board nailed the first round in which case he would do better placing bets in Vegas than being the Jets GM. 

Very true.  But if JD and his staff had him as a first, as did other outlets and he wanted to fill that position, he stepped in shlt

I don't know a lot about Eskeridge, but coming from a smaller school and switching back and forth between WR and CB just doesn't give me the warm fuzziest.  Great athlete, not sure he's a great WR.

I think Moore is being undersold.  He's not just a speed guy.  Route proficient, excellent hands, tough.  Dog pee celebration.  Total package.

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Don't need to get uppity with me it's not like I called you out directly.... You like Eskridge cool good for you...

I'm not putting a premium on fourth round picks so I don't really care if we could get another one. All of the lineman and CBs I would have wanted are gone already so having 3 fourth rounders to take  lottery tickets isn't something I'm interested in .... Premium picks are done midway through the third that's just my opinion.

Hopefully we take one of the decent RBs left and a project at CB or OL.

If I wanted to be a hyperbolic ***hole I would just say some nonsense like "you and your 30 year old WR can go suck eggs" but Eskridge is fine.  I'd just rather have Moore who is younger, considered by some to be the most nuannoced route runner in the draft, along with putting up consistent numbers and having exceptional measurables other than height  I like the Moore pick I'd rather have him than have Eskridge and a fourth.

Get it now ?

Relax guy it is not that serious.