Elijah Moore vs. Dwayne Eskeridge

I don't know guys, Moore is definitely a good player and I'm sure Zach will be excited to have him but I think Eskeridge would have been the better value and he just went to the Seahawks at pick 61.   I really wish JD would have traded down 10 or so picks, gotten another pick (even if it was a 4th rounder) and taken him.  Maybe he didn't like any of the offers, who knows but I don't really see anything that Moore does that Eskeridge can't do.  Eskeridge also has blazing speed in fact I think he is faster and also played on special teams.  I have been looking but I have not seen Moore returning any punts or kicks...  Eskeridge excelled at it.  I guess we have to trust JD on this one. 

Dwayne Eskeridge 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He’s not faster, plus his three-cone was average and he’s like 30 years old

That is funny but I didn't see Moore running away from guys like Eskridge routinely did.  He certainly plays faster and I don't think that is debatable. He also plays and excels on special teams.  His age is definitely a negative but if you watched him play, I don't think you would give a sh*t about his 3 cone.   Any way it is a moot point as Moore is a Jet.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You’d be right if Eskeridge was drafted in round 4. In round 2, the 21 year old with a similar athletic profile and success in the SEC is a better value.

Even if it meant gaining an additional 3rd or 4th round pick this year? Because that is what we are really talking about.   I think SEC argument is pretty bogus since our quarterback that we took at 2 played in the WAC.   We have seen plenty of small school receivers excel and dominate in the NFL.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetBlue said:

Even if it meant gaining an additional 3rd or 4th round pick this year? Because that is what we are really talking about. 

Yes. Eskeridge shouldn’t have been on the board for at least another round. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Elijah Moore was a first round talent that fell. Eskeridge was a third round talent that was a reach.

We made the right choice. 

Whoa

Have you ran PFF’s new mock draft simulator?

Because that’s not what they told me

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You’d be right if Eskeridge was drafted in round 4. In round 2, the 21 year old with a similar athletic profile and success in the SEC is a better value.

Well Seattle took him in the second round not in the fourth so apparently he was valued alot higher than 4th.  The conference argument is somewhat weak as we have too many examples of players coming from small schools and dominating.   His speed and skillset would be dominant no matter conference he played in. 

7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Elijah Moore was a first round talent that fell. Eskeridge was a third round talent that was a reach.

We made the right choice. 

Cool, I'm feeling better already :-)

• Haha 1

Just now, JetBlue said:

Perhaps, besides the name correction, any thoughts on the player?

I'm happy with Moore. Seems to have a better chance of making the explosive play that the Jets have lacked in forever. A combination of Mims, Davis, Cole, Moore and Crowder will be a solid set of receivers for Wilson.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Well Seattle took him in the second round not in the fourth so apparently he was valued alot higher than 4th.  The conference argument is somewhat weak as we have too many examples of players coming from small schools and dominating.   His speed and skillset would be dominant no matter conference he played in. 

He’s a 24 year old receiver playing in a slower conference. He’s a literally man amongst boys. Year of breakout is a good measure of player success for WRs.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I like Eskeridge but you are overrating him, IMO

You are probably right.  I really thought he would go mid 3rd for even 4th.   I guess it is pretty shocking that Seattle took him so early.   Even so, I think he is going to be one of those players that shock folks as to how good he is at the next level.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I don't know guys, Moore is definitely a good player and I'm sure Zach will be excited to have him but I think Eskeridge would have been the better value and he just went to the Seahawks at pick 61.   I really wish JD would have traded down 10 or so picks, gotten another pick (even if it was a 4th rounder) and taken him.  Maybe he didn't like any of the offers, who knows but I don't really see anything that Moore does that Eskeridge can't do.  Eskeridge also has blazing speed in fact I think he is faster and also played on special teams.  I have been looking but I have not seen Moore returning any punts or kicks...  Eskeridge excelled at it.  I guess we have to trust JD on this one. 

Dwayne Eskeridge 

His production was way way way lower and he played in a much weaker conference.  I catch your drift but I think these players are on different levels.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You are probably right.  I really thought he would go mid 3rd for even 4th.   I guess it is pretty shocking that Seattle took him so early.   Even so, I think he is going to be one of those players that shock folks as to how good he is at the next level.  

Wilson prob. has something to do wit that...

I just saw a stat where Moore had the most separation more quickly than anyone in ALL of college football. How many people actually saw a lot of his games - not me and pretty certain you didn’t either based on your comments.
Also:
Wide receivers all-time to be drafted in R1 or R2 with
sub-4.4 forty
sub-6.7 three cone
15+ bench press reps:
Julio Jones
Denzel Mims
Elijah Moore
Nice.... gaudy company

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Moore was playing SEC defenses while Eskeridge was running away from MAC players.

says the guy with a byu QB in his avatar who played again FCS talent

I totally agree with @JetBlue ... it is what is now, but i have questions about Joe... trading up for an OG in a draft with lots of OGs, and refuting trade offers for a slot WR in a draft class with lots of Slot WRs...

If it all comes together, it won't matter

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I mean at this point can’t we put a little faith in JD and LaFleur? 

Maccagnan lost his job because he didn’t pick types the coaches wanted , didn’t even sit down to discuss it 

JD and Saleh and LaFleur are on the same page. 

If they like the kid, good enough for me 

• Upvote 3

Elijah Moore is a friggin weapon. He will be our leading receiver and he will lead in yards from scrimmage. He will get the ball 10-12 times a game. I'm not even going to watch the highlights of the other guy - no need to!

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I totally agree with @JetBlue ... it is what is now, but i have questions about Joe... trading up for an OG in a draft with lots of OGs, and refuting trade offers for a slot WR in a draft class with lots of Slot WRs...

This is exactly why I don’t obsess over the draft. I have new presents and you have doubts 

• Upvote 1

You aren't going to know who the best receivers are until they get on the field why even fret about it right now?  Moore could be the best WR in the draft like Jefferson or he could be a bust who the F knows.  We basically have two rookie receivers in Mims and Moore just be happy we didn't draft D lineman and pass rushers they are at least attempting to build a offense through the draft.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Ironically this draft is what sold me on Joe Douglas.  Targeting the players they were high on and not overthinking it.

• Upvote 1