Jump to content

JETNATION TRIP TO CHARLOTTE WEEK 1?


Recommended Posts

Who is in?! Lets organize this! Jets at Panthers week 1 is official. 

NC is under 10 hour road trip from NYC. Tickets tend to be not expensive. Going to be some nice warm toasty weather.

Drop ideas here, lets organize. Tickets go on sale this week. Thoughts?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam Darnold will open Panthers tenure against the Jets - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

Sam Darnold will open Panthers tenure against the Jets

Posted by Josh Alper on May 12, 2021, 9:16 AM EDT
 
New York Jets v New England Patriots
Getty Images

The schedule for the first week of the 2021 NFL season has been released and it features an interesting matchup in Carolina.

The Jets will be paying a visit to the Panthers, which means that there’s going to be a lot of attention paid to the quarterbacks on both sides of the matchup in the days leading up to the game.

Barring any injuries or unforeseen changes in plans, Sam Darnold will be making his first start at quarterback for the Panthers against his former team. The Jets traded Darnold, who was the No. 3 pick in the 2018 draft, to Carolina this offseason in order to clear the top spot on the depth chart for the 2021 second overall pick Zach Wilson.

Wilson’s first start would be one of the highlights of the opening weekend of the season, but the fact that it will come against his predecessor makes it all the more intriguing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

jetsfanscharlotte.com

We will be hosting a Saturday night Rally at our home bar and organizing a tailgate as well.  We've done this twice before but this year will be challenging with Covid and almost no tailgate space available. BUT...  join us and other NYers to do the JETS Chant that weekend!!!!

 

 

 

logo.jpg

39922766_10156745789584703_3300936311212343296_n.jpg

 

12400788_10153891162959703_8890432855873007337_n.jpg

Keep us updated on details 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Who is in?! Lets organize this! Jets at Panthers week 1 is official. 

NC is under 10 hour road trip from NYC. Tickets tend to be not expensive. Going to be some nice warm toasty weather.

Drop ideas here, lets organize. Tickets go on sale this week. Thoughts?

Question, I bought tickets for ZZ Top and Def Leopard.  The covid hit, and they cancelled.  They wouldn't refund the money, so now I have the Maroon 5 tickets the following weekend in Charlotte after the game.  How could I swap those for Jets game tickets?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

i live in asheville. prob make the drive not far at all for me

OMG, do all Jet fans live in the same area?  It's the water!!!!

Pre Titans and Panthers!!! It's my theory.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Virginia Tech, where my son is going, is 2 hours and 43 minutes away from the Panthers. That is if my late night calculations are correct lol.

This could be something I did in the RV. It would be cool to tailgate down there with a bunch of people from the site.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

jetsfanscharlotte.com

We will be hosting a Saturday night Rally at our home bar and organizing a tailgate as well.  We've done this twice before but this year will be challenging with Covid and almost no tailgate space available. BUT...  join us and other NYers to do the JETS Chant that weekend!!!!

 

 

 

logo.jpg

39922766_10156745789584703_3300936311212343296_n.jpg

 

12400788_10153891162959703_8890432855873007337_n.jpg

Where you all sitting 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Where you all sitting 

Great question...  ticket prices right now are crazy so we haven't decided.   It looks like, unfortunately, we will all be separate and I can actually see that there will be a ticket shortage.  Too many crazy NYers trying to squeeze into a diminished capacity stadium. A recipe for high ticket prices.

 

BUT, if you come down , you will be with well over 100 fans Saturday night and that morning. At the game we go our separate ways.  I've been to these at Tampa for example. Works well.  Our club will put together  the plans for tailgating etc.  I'm not involved as much BUT I did the last 2, in 2012 and pre season 2010 and the guys running the show now are good guys. 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Great question...  ticket prices right now are crazy so we haven't decided.   It looks like, unfortunately, we will all be separate and I can actually see that there will be a ticket shortage.  Too many crazy NYers trying to squeeze into a diminished capacity stadium. A recipe for high ticket prices.

 

BUT, if you come down , you will be with well over 100 fans Saturday night and that morning. At the game we go our separate ways.  I've been to these at Tampa for example. Works well.  Our club will put together  the plans for tailgating etc.  I'm not involved as much BUT I did the last 2, in 2012 and pre season 2010 and the guys running the show now are good guys. 

 

Where do you usually purchase tickets? I checked stub hub and they are pretty pricey

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Great question...  ticket prices right now are crazy so we haven't decided.   It looks like, unfortunately, we will all be separate and I can actually see that there will be a ticket shortage.  Too many crazy NYers trying to squeeze into a diminished capacity stadium. A recipe for high ticket prices.

 

BUT, if you come down , you will be with well over 100 fans Saturday night and that morning. At the game we go our separate ways.  I've been to these at Tampa for example. Works well.  Our club will put together  the plans for tailgating etc.  I'm not involved as much BUT I did the last 2, in 2012 and pre season 2010 and the guys running the show now are good guys. 

 

Sounds good...yea waiting for prices to come down...if they do 👀

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

Where do you usually purchase tickets? I checked stub hub and they are pretty pricey

I would hold off on buying tickets.  Initial frenzy of tix going on sale right now, plus uncertainty over capacity restrictions is probably driving prices up.  Sounds like the NFL is hoping that stadiums will be full capacity by the fall.  I would expect prices to get more reasonable as more supply may be released-- although for opening day after a season of mostly no fans, I doubt prices ever get too low.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would hold off on buying tickets.  Initial frenzy of tix going on sale right now, plus uncertainty over capacity restrictions is probably driving prices up.  Sounds like the NFL is hoping that stadiums will be full capacity by the fall.  I would expect prices to get more reasonable as more supply may be released-- although for opening day after a season of mostly no fans, I doubt prices ever get too low.

When the Panthers' fans realize that they aren't getting Watson or Rodgers before the season starts, prices will start coming down.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

Where do you usually purchase tickets? I checked stub hub and they are pretty pricey

In all honesty, Ive never seen it this bad. I usually get mine through connections I have at B od A or Wells etc.  BUT That ap[pears to be dry as well. This game is weird.  Tickets right now appear difficult.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Howdy neighbor, I'm in the Tricities.

Nice! I lived in Johnson City for a few years in the early 00’s. What the hell brought you down there?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

so am i. we should hit up a bar in town this season and watch a game. i didnt know there were any other jets fans here

Right on. I don’t think there are many but there are a lot of NYers moving to the area. I don’t even know many bars down here. I just don’t get out enough, especially this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Woodstock, GA. Would love to go. I'll have a seamstress sew the back of a Darnold jersey to the front of a Wilson jersey. Will be rooting for the Jet's of course. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...