2021 JN Fantasy Football (ESPN)

JN Fantasy Football 2021  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should we make it a money league this year? (NOTE: Venmo would be the preferred method of payment)

• No
    • Yes, for $50 per player
    • Yes, for $40
    • Yes, for $30
    • Yes, for $20
    • Yes, for other amount (specify in thread)
  2. 2. Which playoff format do you prefer? (Keep in mind we expect this to end up a 12-team league again, but it could end up being 10)

• 6 teams, with 2 byes and 2-week playoff matchups
    • 4 teams, with no byes and 2-week playoff matchups
  3. 3. Are you OK with the "Superflex" concept that I've installed? (Essentially an extra flex spot which can go to a QB, RB, WR, or TE)

4. 4. Would you like to install a "Coach Win" concept, where a coach win earns you points and a coach loss loses you points?

@Paradis @ElBarrioJets @JustEndTheSuffering @predator_05 @Jet_Engine1 @heymangold @PS17 @JTJet @BornJetsFan1983 @kdels62 

Looks like 8 of us (me, PS17, Jet_Engine, JTJet, ElBarrio, heymangold, BornJetsFan, and Paradis) have stated they're back in so far.  JETS doesn't want back in if we go money league, but that's what this poll is for:  To determine if we should indeed do that.  

kdels and predator are the only 2 not yet confirmed to be back in, but they have time.

Please answer the poll questions when you have a moment.  We'll go with majority/most votes rules.  Keep in mind for the Superflex format:  This will replace the pure 2-QB format we used last year, if you guys approve of it.  Thus, if you only have 1 QB available in a particular week, you can at least get SOME points out of that slot by using a RB, WR or TE.

I've set up the questions where I can see who votes what so that other riff-raff who decide to vote can be excluded in the vote count.  Though for anyone who does participate in the poll and wishes to join, we do at least have 1 open spot available!

If you have any other thoughts on how to make the league better, post them in this thread as well and we can consider those.  

I did vote no for the super flex but also would say no to two QBs as well. 

I would be up for this if the league was set at 10 teams, but with 12 it makes it extremely difficult to find even baseline starting players off the waiver wire, especially late in season when a couple people usually checkout and leave their rosters stocked with players that should be hitting the wire. 

12 teams with 3 QBs on the roster (including a rotational bench QB) is already at 36 QBs in a league that only has 32. I think it puts other teams at an extreme disadvantage, its different for other positions because those players get rotated in and out of lineups much more often, like a RB2 could easily be an RB1 in any game. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I did vote no for the super flex but also would say no to two QBs as well. 

I would be up for this if the league was set at 10 teams, but with 12 it makes it extremely difficult to find even baseline starting players off the waiver wire, especially late in season when a couple people usually checkout and leave their rosters stocked with players that should be hitting the wire. 

12 teams with 3 QBs on the roster (including a rotational bench QB) is already at 36 QBs in a league that only has 32. I think it puts other teams at an extreme disadvantage, its different for other positions because those players get rotated in and out of lineups much more often, like a RB2 could easily be an RB1 in any game. 

Understandable.  I like the idea of the Superflex replacing the 2QB format, so that even if you get screwed with the QB situation, a good flex option can still get you some good points rather than taking a 0.  With everybody going after QB's, lots of teams in the league can end up with some high-end non-QB players for that extra flex spot.

We may well end up being a 10-team league.  But if we end up 12, I can maybe adjust how much a QB can score to compensate.  Such as maybe dropping it to where instead of throwing for 25 yards earning you a point, it takes 50 yards.  Or reducing rushing TD's for QB's from 6 to 4.  Something like that.  

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Understandable.  I like the idea of the Superflex replacing the 2QB format, so that even if you get screwed with the QB situation, a good flex option can still get you some good points rather than taking a 0.  With everybody going after QB's, lots of teams in the league can end up with some high-end non-QB players for that extra flex spot.

We may well end up being a 10-team league.  But if we end up 12, I can maybe adjust how much a QB can score to compensate.  Such as maybe dropping it to where instead of throwing for 25 yards earning you a point, it takes 50 yards.  Or reducing rushing TD's for QB's from 6 to 4.  Something like that.  

Yeah I can see that point. Honestly I'm up for whatever gets out out there. 

I REALLY want that coach slot though lol. Even if it's just +1/-1 for win loss. Just adds an interesting dynamic and can literally be the difference maker on some weeks. 

@Paradis @ElBarrioJets @JustEndTheSuffering @predator_05 @Jet_Engine1 @heymangold @PS17 @JTJet @BornJetsFan1983 @kdels62 

Looks like the Superflex is about to lose out.  Currently the vote is 5-3 against.  Does that mean you guys would prefer to go with last year's 2-QB format or just use a standard 1-QB format?

And if we end up with 10 teams (like if predator is out), would you be more willing to use a Superflex/2-QB format in that instance?  30 QB's would get drafted instead of as many as 36 in that instance.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Looks like the Superflex is about to lose out.  Currently the vote is 5-3 against.  Does that mean you guys would prefer to go with last year's 2-QB format or just use a standard 1-QB format?

And if we end up with 10 teams (like if predator is out), would you be more willing to use a Superflex/2-QB format in that instance?  30 QB's would get drafted instead of as many as 36 in that instance.

I’m okay if it’s a 10 team league

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Count me down for Superflex. The 2 QBs was a struggle towards the end of the year.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Count me down for Superflex. The 2 QBs was a struggle towards the end of the year.

Cool deal!  There's a poll at the top you might not see if you're posting on your phone.  If you're able to view it in desktop mode at some point go ahead and cast your votes when have a moment!

• Upvote 2

Sorry @JTJet, coach wins loses.  :(

The 6-team, 2-week matchups playoff format will remain.  

All that's left to determine is whether we'll become a money league (and for how much) and whether to use 1-QB, 2-QB, or Super-Flex format.  

Looks like predator hasn't posted on JN since February.  Hope he's OK.  We'll still give him until late July/early August or so to confirm if he's in or not.  If we don't hear from him, we'll just go with a 10-team league, as we currently have 10 confirmed in.  

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All that's left to determine is whether we'll become a money league (and for how much) and whether to use 1-QB, 2-QB, or Super-Flex format.  

Looks like predator hasn't posted on JN since February.  Hope he's OK.  We'll still give him until late July/early August or so to confirm if he's in or not.  If we don't hear from him, we'll just go with a 10-team league, as we currently have 10 confirmed in.  

I definitely prefer the standard 1 QB, but with the caveat that if we are 10 team league, I would be willing to do the 2 QB system or super flex. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Whatever you guys want, I'm in. We should do a Zoom Draft!

I'd be down for that.  We could take the picks offline so we could take our time.

Maybe even have a little contest of sorts to determine draft order?  My money league does fun stuff every year to determine draft order.  One year, we all took the Wonderlic practice test.  Lately we've been making picks on various sporting events that take place over the summer (NBA, MLB, NASCAR, Golf, etc).  

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@JustEndTheSuffering @heymangold I know you both voted No for a pay league, and JETS I know you in particular said you'd be out if we went that route.

However, we're currently in a deadlock between a $50 league and a $20 league.  If it ended up being a $20 league, would you both be cool with that and stick around?

Yeah I’ll pay!

• Upvote 2

On 6/7/2021 at 10:14 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Im good with whatever you guys want but I vote for more flex but only 1 qb

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Im good with whatever you guys want but I vote for more flex but only 1 qb

Super-flex would replace the 2nd QB spot in the current setup.  So you'd start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 standard Flex, and 1 Super-Flex (which can be a QB, RB, WR or TE).  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Super-flex would replace the 2nd QB spot in the current setup.  So you'd start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 standard Flex, and 1 Super-Flex (which can be a QB, RB, WR or TE).  

IF I could decide i would have both flex  WR RB TE, not QB. I like 1 QB league. FOr 10 Man league I woudl also add a starting WR to the roster so

QB

RB RB

WR WR WR

TE

FLEX FELX

Also get rid of Kicker and Def

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got 2 openings in my three 12-team leagues. This is the 20th anniversary for the leagues.  Only for diehards who don't like to quit.  It's about a $200 entry with top 4 teams getting payouts.  (Tinkering with the amounts now.)  See my thread.  In addition to traditional offense, we play 5 IDPs (2 LB, 2 DB, 1 DL).  

Have fun in the JN league guys.  PM me if you are interested in the above.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 8:28 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Looks like 8 of us (me, PS17, Jet_Engine, JTJet, ElBarrio, heymangold, BornJetsFan, and Paradis) have stated they're back in so far.  JETS doesn't want back in if we go money league, but that's what this poll is for:  To determine if we should indeed do that.  

kdels and predator are the only 2 not yet confirmed to be back in, but they have time.

Please answer the poll questions when you have a moment.  We'll go with majority/most votes rules.  Keep in mind for the Superflex format:  This will replace the pure 2-QB format we used last year, if you guys approve of it.  Thus, if you only have 1 QB available in a particular week, you can at least get SOME points out of that slot by using a RB, WR or TE.

I've set up the questions where I can see who votes what so that other riff-raff who decide to vote can be excluded in the vote count.  Though for anyone who does participate in the poll and wishes to join, we do at least have 1 open spot available!

If you have any other thoughts on how to make the league better, post them in this thread as well and we can consider those.  

I’m in if the buy in isn’t too crazy

On 6/7/2021 at 1:51 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Am I to presume you won’t be doing a 12 team league? If not, no problem. Wish I noticed this sooner. If you need a +1 let me know. 

On 7/10/2021 at 1:06 PM, 32EBoozer said:

I’m in if the buy in isn’t too crazy

15 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Am I to presume you won’t be doing a 12 team league? If not, no problem. Wish I noticed this sooner. If you need a +1 let me know. 

Meant to respond to you yesterday.  The league is full at this time but if anyone drops out I will let you know!

• Upvote 1

@Paradis @ElBarrioJets @JustEndTheSuffering @Jet_Engine1 @heymangold @PS17 @JTJet @BornJetsFan1983 @kdels62 

Predator still hasn't posted since February, so I went ahead and removed his spot.  We are now a 10-team league.

It sounded like some of you guys were OK with the Optional/3rd QB spot as long as it was only 10 teams instead of 12, thus meaning that no more than 30 QB's would end up getting drafted.  Is this the case?  If not we can do a standard 1-QB league.  Boring, but whatever.  

The winning vote was for this to be a money league, for $50 per player.  A couple of you did NOT want to do a money league, so I am checking in on that as well.

• Upvote 2