The Jets offense is LOADED with young talent | PFF

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

I guess you missed this yesterday -- should calm your nerves a bit.. 

That's from PFF Linsey. PFF has the DL as a top 10, and they believe they acquisition of Moses puts OL as an average group. Their WR group is average with a rookie QB. They are still a bottom third roster but they are definitely better than the Eagles and Jacksonville.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Our whole roster top to bottom is a complete wildcard, more reason for optimism than pessimism.. should be a lot of fun. Either way though it doesn't matter if Wilson throws for 5000 or AVT becomes an all pro, it only matters that we go over .500, so SAR is happy. 

who cares if sar 1 is happy?  i want to see this team look good, win or lose.

19 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Getting nervous with all the PFF love this year. They’ve been trashing us for a while. I guess the good news is they were right to call us trash all those years. They were right to call Gase the worse coaching hire ever.

Also genuinely believe they just liked our last two drafts and the Saleh hiring. 

PFF is meh, but I enjoy these two, especially around draft time.

FWIW, at another point in the episode from which this was clipped, those two were arguing that if we signed Moses both believe Wilson would throw for more yards than Lawrence. 

At least the positivity is cool. 

• Upvote 3

PFF is what it is.  Entertainment wrapped in a thin veneer of data.

But there is some interesting stuff buried in their article: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-roster-rankings-for-all-32-teams-for-2021-strengths-weaknesses-and-x-factors-for-every-teams-starting-lineup

First of all, this is dumb, but they have Zach Wilson rated at a 95.4 (college grade obviously) which makes him the HIGHEST RATED QB in the league.  Obviously not realistic...but it suggests they do like him.  A lot. Trevor had a 91.1 by comparison.  Elijah Moore checked in with a 91.2, higher than Chase and Waddle.  Pretty good for the 3rd worst team in the league.

Which brings us to the next point.  They ranked 12 starters on O and D and I assume they just averaged them out, not accounting for positional value.  They didn't mention it, and if they did, Wilson's 95.4 would have skewed the Jets higher just by itself.  So I averaged out all 24 players for NYJ (30) and NYG (19).  The Giants had Shane Lemieux with a 32.2(!) and Tae Crowder with a 36.4.  The Jets' lowest grade was a 49.1 for Blake Cashman.  Something didn't seem right.  Guess what I found?

The Jets had an average score of 70.59 and the Giants had an average score of 67.83

So what did we learn?  PFF pretends to be good at quant, but ultimately they are very, very flawed.  I'm not blaming this on any bias...just a really lousy idea of how math really works.

Nice try guys.  Better luck next time.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

This video is so lame.  It looks and sounds like they don’t even care.  Carter may have more receiving yards than anyone they spoke of and he’s not even mentioned.   Odds are he’ll be a bigger factor than any single receiver especially with a rookie QB. 

13 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Our whole roster top to bottom is a complete wildcard, more reason for optimism than pessimism.. should be a lot of fun. Either way though it doesn't matter if Wilson throws for 5000 or AVT becomes an all pro, it only matters that we go over .500, so SAR is happy. 

I could care less if we hit .500 -  What counts is how we play. Are we competitive, exciting, progressing, improving. Are we making teams sweat saying ‘damn these are not the 2020 Jets we playing’. Gase was 7-9 in his 1st year with the Jets and I could see they were a really really bad football team. That record was all smoke and mirrors.  I want to see an explosive offense, a go get em defense with an improved secondary and some moxie from Zachary, Carter, AVT, Moore and Mims. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

I could care less if we hit .500 -  What counts is how we play. Are we competitive, exciting, progressing, improving. Are we making teams sweat saying ‘damn these are not the 2020 Jets we playing’. Gase was 7-9 in his 1st year with the Jets and I could see they were a really really bad football team. That record was all smoke and mirrors.  I want to see an explosive offense, a go get em defense with an improved secondary and some moxie from Zachary, Carter, AVT, Moore and Mims. 

Summed up: please don’t be a boring team to watch!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, Lith said:

I guess you missed this yesterday -- should calm your nerves a bit.. 

Hold on! Hold on! Isn’t there another thread where Jets are the 3rd most improved team, also by PFF? 

This “rank teams who haven’t played a down yet” is all very confusing. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Summed up: please don’t be a boring team to watch!

Edit: please don’t be a team that sucks at every phase of football. And put out a contract on Frank Gore I never want to see this guy again in a football uniform. He just never knows when to quit. And you know he’ll wind up somewhere. Probably in the Lingerie Football League. 

• Haha 2