AVT vs Darrisaw vs Jenkins

image.thumb.png.bbca22a6e0fb4fd754b97e2ac9c19e3c.png

All I really know is that Alijah Vera-Tucker ranked as the Nations #1 Interior O-lineman coming out of college and Joe Douglas (the entire coaching staff) loved AVT so much so; to the point of trading our 1st from Seattle along with our 3rd from Seattle in order to trade up into the draft and steal this kid (as our future starting LG). 

image.thumb.png.004419aa2f7d92d5d8e7cc7e322a89a1.png

Wouldn't want it any other way. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

All I really know is that Alijah Vera-Tucker ranked as the Nations #1 Interior O-lineman coming out of college and Joe Douglas (the entire coaching staff) loved AVT so much so; to the point of trading our 1st from Seattle along with our 3rd from Seattle in order to trade up into the draft and steal this kid (as our future starting LG). 

Couple of spindly, runty dwarfs.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Let them miss a few regular season games before we start celebrating.

i'm not celebrating any player being hurt.

but both of these players had pre-draft injuries which continue to linger (and/or they haven't recovery from needed surgery).  imagine the reaction if the jets took one of these guys in the 1st round and they had yet to practice, one already needing core surgery, the other with a lingering back issue which has prevented him from practicing.

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You would be wrong Alex Leatherwood when he played Rg  played against the top Sec players was the best interior offense lineman.   Go look at the beast he played at Dt in the Sec  and more than held his own.  AVT didn’t see half the quality  players Leatherwood saw  in the Sec.     WhY leatherwood going to be one of the best offense lineman in this draft.   Playing on the right side where he dominated .      P Sewell has struggled some because all his life he played on the left, and now he’s being asked to play Rt.( comfort level isn’t there yet).

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You would be wrong Alex Leatherwood when he played Rg  played against the top Sec players was the best interior offense lineman.   Go look at the beast he played at Dt in the Sec  and more than held his own.  AVT didn’t see half the quality  players Leatherwood saw  in the Sec.     WhY leatherwood going to be one of the best offense lineman in this draft.   Playing on the right side where he dominated .      P Sewell has struggled some because all his life he played on the left, and now he’s being asked to play Rt.( comfort level isn’t there yet).

Leatherwood was surrounded by an NFL offense of nothing but 1st round picks @ Alabama and he was hidden behind

Mac Jones,

Najee Harris,

DeVonta Smith,

Jaylen Waddle

and soon to be 1st round picks in

John Metchie III 

Evan Neal (10x better than Alex Leatherwood). 

"ALEX LEATHERWOOD" went 17th overall and Alijah Vera-Tucker went 14th overall and JD liked him more than Leatherwood which is why Joe Douglas (former O-lineman himself) traded up for Alijah Vera-Tucker (and not your overrated Alabama Leatherwood).

Anthony Muñoz is the greatest NFL O-lineman of All-Time and he went to USC.

“Early on, one area of Sewell's game has been a struggle: pass-protection. 

Detroit's defensive linemen and outside linebackers have been able to use crafty inside moves to blow past Sewell. 

Austin Bryant, Bruce Hector, Da'Shawn Hand, Romeo Okwara and Jashon Cornell have all battled Sewell, and given him all he can handle the first three weeks of camp. 

According to an observation from USA Today's Lions Wire, "Sewell has a tendency to get his weight set to the outside and quicker moves to the inside are beating him. This isn’t the first day Sewell has had this issue, and it’s a reminder that he’s a 20-year-old who hasn’t played football in almost two full years. It shows at times."”

link

I am curious to see how Sewell performs against the 1st string Buffalo d-line after all the hype about him being a top-class once-in-a-generation OT. 

you don’t want to rush AVT, but reps with the rest of the starting o-line are precious. Considering all the injuries the Jets have had the past 2 years, you figure they’re being extra cautious in bringing back players too soon. 

same may now go for WR Moore

38 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

I am curious to see how Sewell performs against the 1st string Buffalo d-line after all the hype about him being a top-class once-in-a-generation OT. 

you don’t want to rush AVT, but reps with the rest of the starting o-line are precious. Considering all the injuries the Jets have had the past 2 years, you figure they’re being extra cautious in bringing back players too soon. 

same may now go for WR Moore

Im more curious to hear who said hes a top-class once-in-a-generation OT given some had him as the 2nd best OL in the draft

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Im more curious to hear who said hes a top-class once-in-a-generation OT given some had him as the 2nd best OL in the draft

Go read everything written pre-March ‘21 and he was all the rave.  Some thought he should have been the lock for Cindy at #5.

That was the line on him, some even here thought he should have been the Jets’ pick at #2. And as you approach the draft there is more nit-picking and other prospects rise as the draft approaches; in the end it’s all subjective. I’m simply curious to see if he backs up the hype I read about him.

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Is this one of those "Clelin Ferrell is actually the best DL in the draft" piece of nonsense that you were telling us 2 years ago?  When you said he's a better prospect than Devin White, Josh Allen, Ed Oliver and Brian Burns.  Which of course was wrong too

25 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Go read everything written pre-March ‘21 and he was all the rave.  Some thought he should have been the lock for Cindy at #5.

That was the line on him, some even here thought he should have been the Jets’ pick at #2. And as you approach the draft there is more nit-picking and other prospects rise as the draft approaches; in the end it’s all subjective. I’m simply curious to see if he backs up the hype I read about him.

I agree some thought he could go to Cincy, had him rated highly.  Others had him going after Slater.  Thats all well and good but not the same as generational.  I think his stock fell for some before March.   

• Post of the Week 1

Speaking Wednesday, Matt Nagy informed reporters that LT Teven Jenkins will have back surgery.

The Bears hope "to have him back this season," but losing Jenkins, who was the presumed starter, is a big loss for Chicago. The Bears traded up in the second round of this year's draft to select Jenkins, who profiled as an immediate starter. His back surgery now scrambles the offensive line plan on what was already viewed as a sub-par unit. Chicago will now likely turn to Elijah Wilkinson and fifth-round rookie Larry Borom. It's possible however, that their starting left tackle is not currently on the roster