Practice Updates Week of 8/30.

Lith

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I wonder how long practices will be open to the media each day.  Warm ups only?  Individual drills?  I doubt the team drills will be open from here on out...correct?

Anyone know what the standard protocol is during the regular season?

May have just been for team stretching, because I have not seen an update for a while.

30 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I wonder how long practices will be open to the media each day.  Warm ups only?  Individual drills?  I doubt the team drills will be open from here on out...correct?

Anyone know what the standard protocol is during the regular season?

I think they are reverting back to normal regular season reporting rules now that “camp” is technically over.  I think they can only report on who is on the field and if they are in a rehab area.  Don’t think they can tweet play by play stuff anymore. 

• Upvote 1

Fatukasi has emerged as a solid player, veteran presence, and in the limited interviews I’ve seen, a respectful & well-spoken locker room leader. A NYC native to boot. 

I initially thought he’d be a good space-clogger like Jason Ferguson, but he’s shown to get good initial penetration off the line for his massive size resulting in some TFLs or rerouting the RB.

He’s a FA after this year, IF you wanted to resign/extend him, what would his market rate be based on production thus far and future potential in this system of rotational DL?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Fatukasi has emerged as a solid player, veteran presence, and in the limited interviews I’ve seen, a respectful & well-spoken locker room leader. A NYC native to boot. 

I initially thought he’d be a good space-clogger like Jason Ferguson, but he’s shown to get good initial penetration off the line for his massive size resulting in some TFLs or rerouting the RB.

He’s a FA after this year, IF you wanted to resign/extend him, what would his market rate be based on production thus far and future potential in this system of rotational DL?

3 year @ 12mm total 10guaranteed.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

His OTC valuation is about 4M from last year. I'd expect a player like that to get in the 6.5-8.5M per range (for comparison, Linval Joseph got 2 years, 17M last offseason). Not sure you want to extend him at that price point, given our overall depth at the position; may make more sense to let him test the market and either bring him back if it's at a number that works or let him walk and take a comp pick if someone else wants to go to the high end of that range

• Upvote 1