Pats OL down 4 starters

This is crazy ... they've got to be thanking God they're playing the Texans this week, but still ...

Patriots down 4 starting offensive linemen for Week 5 vs. Texans; David Andrews only first-teamer set to play

New England will have to make do with mostly reserves up front

The New England Patriots have offensive line issues this week, as four starting offensive linemen will be out for Sunday's game against the Houston Texans. Right tackle Trent Brown was placed on injured reserve with a calf injury and right guard Shaq Mason (abdomen) was already declared out for the contest, but New England received even more bad news Saturday. 

New England did not activate left tackle Isaiah Wynn or left guard Mike Onwenu off of the reserve/COVID-19 list, so they are out for Sunday's game. Center David Andrews will be the only starter on the offensive line available for the Week 5 matchup. 

The Patriots elevated three offensive linemen -- James Ferentz, Alex Redmond, and William Sherman -- to the active roster. Two of those spots were COVID roster replacements. Redmond is projected to get the starting nod at right guard, making his elevation to the roster significant for New England. Veteran Ted Karras is projected to start at left guard with Onwenu out.

"Whoever has the opportunity, I'm sure they'll make the most of it" Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said Friday. "And I know the guys that have been at practice are working as hard as they can to be ready to go, and the guys that did are, likewise, preparing, and if they get the opportunity, I think they'll be ready to go, too, so we'll see how it all plays out. I don't know."

The offensive line combination will be an interesting one, as Justin Herron and Yasir Durant are the next tackles on the depth chart. Both are projected to start with Yodny Cajuste backing them up as the No. 3 tackle.

2 hours ago, Pichula said:

Why is this on a Jets forum? 

Welcome to the board, enjoy your stay. Since you're new here - coming up on 3 weeks, that's big! - I'll give you a usability tip. There's a handy way to avoid reading any pesky "non-Jets" NFL news. Neat trick, but newbs often don't figure it out for a while.

Just don't click the thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Fortunately for them, there isn't a steep learning curve to holding on every play.

Also, Bill Belichick is a scumbag.

If TB were the QB, they'd all be on a steady diet of TB-12 and wouldn't be missing in action. What's wrong with Jones, isn't his MJ-10 ready yet ???

• Haha 1