Sadly, I admit to feeling relief/validation in light of Darnold's struggles.

Paradis

I must admit Sam is making this year for me...

I get to talk sh*t about my own QB... ?

And he sucks so bad he makes everything around him suck.

Y'all getting a good draft pick unless PJ starts by our next home game...

For your reading pleasure

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/172883-sam-darnold-will-he-make-it-to-a-2nd-season-here/?&page=4#comments

This could've been y'all 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Hex said:

Isn't it interesting that when Darnold has a very reliable RB, he plays better? Darnold isn't an awesome QB, but if he has an awesome running game he can lean back on, his passing improves too. This isn't a coincidence. I see the same thing with Baker Mayfield and, to an extent, Ryan Tannehill 

12 hours ago, dcJet said:

So true.  With a great running game, Darnold improves to an average QB.  That's his ceiling.  Same as Sanchez.  Occasional good game but never sustainable.

So does that mean that if Zach had a great running game, he'd improve to an average QB also?  ?

I mean..that's what i'm getting from this here.

I don't want an Average QB who needs a great running game to be Average. 

I want a QB that plays well whether he has a running game or not.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2021 at 4:12 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Suddenly without CMC, the entire team looks terrible.  The receivers can't catch a lick, the OL doesn't look great, and even the defense looks gasses out there.

Wonder why??

Based on the last game?

Probably because the Receivers couldn't catch a cold and the QB can't catch the ball for them?

Probably because the Defense that was supposed to be so-called "Elite" couldn't stop a nosebleed last game? (198 rushing yards, 370+ passing)

Probably because the OL is as bad as ours?

Probably because the Offensive Coordinator doesn't know how to call plays?

I mean....don't get me wrong here.   Sam was absolutely NOT the answer for us and had to be dealt but I like to look at things objectively.

On 10/19/2021 at 12:03 AM, slimjasi said:

I'm not 100% convinced they will finish below .500. Their schedule is as soft as a schedule can be. I think their D can definitely win some of their upcoming games. 

I also think Sam (as mediocre as he is) is due for a couple of Good-Sam games as well.

The prognosticators at the start of the season had the Panthers finish at either 8-9 or 9-8....so far that's how it looks.

Of course if they lose to the hapless Giants this sunday.....YIKES! 

6 minutes ago, Vin said:

Based on the last game?

Probably because the Receivers couldn't catch a cold and the QB can't catch the ball for them?

Probably because the Defense that was supposed to be so-called "Elite" couldn't stop a nosebleed last game? (198 rushing yards, 370+ passing)

Probably because the OL is as bad as ours?

Probably because the Offensive Coordinator doesn't know how to call plays?

I mean....don't get me wrong here.   Sam was absolutely NOT the answer for us and had to be dealt but I like to look at things objectively.

Yes, a laundry list of excuses for Darnold for 4 straight years in the pros is entirely objective.

The same people ripping on the receivers, OL, coaches and defense were praising all 4 of those elements just a few weeks ago.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, a laundry list of excuses for Darnold for 4 straight years in the pros is entirely objective.

The same people ripping on the receivers, OL, coaches and defense were praising all 4 of those elements just a few weeks ago.  

I don't think they praised the OL....EVER over there.  ?

Even before Sam was traded there, the fans knew it sucked donkey dong.

Only the Receivers (who failed to do their jobs for some reason) and the Defense (that played like they didn't know what to do) got rightfully shat on, along with Sam. 

And he still led the team in a 96-yard drive with under 2 minutes to tie the game and send it to OT....  I'll never figure Sam out.   

A truly frustrating QB, to say the least.

Anyway, how's Zach been doing.......OH.    well......back to depression.  :(

2 hours ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/172883-sam-darnold-will-he-make-it-to-a-2nd-season-here/?&page=4#comments

This could've been y'all 

i have a feeling you guys are going to clean house after this year. you guys double down on Sam and its failing badly. some heads have to roll.

didnt they watch any tape of his? i cant believe they fell for " its everybody's fault but Sam"

i hope you go back to your board and give us some credit here after all the crap that board gave us when we traded him there.

all those...Sam will be good cause the Jets do everything wrong. ..Jets are a Joke....

ask them...whos laughing now? we are all the way to the draft with your 2nd pick. try to make it nice for us.

this isnt against you pal. you have always been cool. this is for your boys who killed the Jets after the trade. i have been waiting to shove it back down there throats..

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

i have a feeling you guys are going to clean house after this year. you guys double down on Sam and its failing badly. some heads have to roll.

didnt they watch any tape of his? i cant believe they fell for " its everybody's fault but Sam"

i hope you go back to your board and give us some credit here after all the crap that board gave us when we traded him there.

all those...Sam will be good cause the Jets do everything wrong. ..Jets are a Joke....

ask them...whos laughing now? we are all the way to the draft with your 2nd pick. try to make it nice for us.

this isnt against you pal. you have always been cool. this is for your boys who killed the Jets after the trade. i have been waiting to shove it back down there throats..

If they don't fix their O-Line, it wouldn't matter who their next QB will be.

That QB will get run over and turn into another Sam. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

So Lamar Jackson after 6 games - was ranked 31st in the league - which somehow doesn't count...while Zach Wilson after 5 weeks is gloom and doom? 

As for Allen, you're looking a full-season where he was 26th vs. 5 games.  Again, what we know is he was last after 4 games (I don't have the time to find after 5, but I'm sure he last then too)

You started with rankings, not me.   I agree, all of these QB rankings simply aren't adequate, there are just too many variables - especially for rookies.  They're all being asked to do different things and are brought into very different situations.  ZW happens to have been brought into one of the more difficult situations possible and being asked to do more than most rookies. 

Even you must realize ZW's circumstances are also playing a role in his performance. 

I'll leave it alone after this...

Do you mean Allen was last after HIS first 5 or after the first five games? Because game 1 he didn't even start and went in only after they pulled the disaster that was Peterman.

If you really want to trace Allen's rookie year and see when the light started to turn on, it was after his elbow injury where he missed a few games and then came back for the game against the Jags. That was the game where he threw one of the best bullets under pressure I've ever seen to Robert Foster while getting hit by 3 linemen.

4 hours ago, Vin said:

Based on the last game?

4 hours ago, Vin said:

Of course if they lose to the hapless Giants this sunday.....YIKES! 

?

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Posted this in August. One upvote. What an injustice.

6 minutes ago, Vin said:

So what point are you making?  

And why are you upset about getting upvotes here?   lol.

Your first question: That you chide others for making assessments based on one game then state in the next post that if Panthers lose one game "yikes!"

Your second question: It was a joke.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Your first question: That you chide others for making assessments based on one game then state in the next post that if Panthers lose one game "yikes!"

Your second question: It was a joke.

Well you have to admit that losing to the Hapless Giants would be very bad for them.    I was not exaggerating on that aspect. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Vin said:

It doesn't matter.

Feeling good that our former QB sucks does not change what is happening here.

Technically our former QB continuing to disappoint Panthers fans matters slightly since we have their second round draft pick. (Although, I admit that most folks here enjoying Sam continuing to be Sam are just enjoying the show)

Same but the real question for us now is, do we feel better about Zach Wilson’s abilities to fully justify the end results of this decision, whatever that may be?
Well ... no matter how we feel about Zach the decision to move on seems validated.

Zach deserves 17 games before judgement .. no ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Technically our former QB continuing to disappoint Panthers fans matters slightly since we have their second round draft pick. (Although, I admit that most folks here enjoying Sam continuing to be Sam are just enjoying the show)

That's fair, I guess.

I'm just thinking that taking joy in others suffering is only a temporary salve as that wears off after the "fun" is over and you look back upon yourself and see that sh*t has not changed whatsoever.   :(

We still got issues here to deal with.    Whatever Carolina does over there, it's their problems that have nothing to do with us.

And as far as the draft pick goes, as a Jets fan since '97, I do not have the confidence that Joe D will "hit" on a player in the 2nd round. 

I will try to remain hopeful but there's always that nagging feeling that is akin to waiting for the other shoe to drop on the Jets and us...and squash us flat.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Well ... no matter how we feel about Zach the decision to move on seems validated.

Zach deserves 17 games before judgement .. no ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

He deserves even more than 17 games. He deserves a sophomore season too. I’m not down on him. That wasn’t what I was trying to get at. If anything, I’m one of the few that is extremely high on him. I was just pivoting to the next important matter after we’re done deciding if moving on from Darnold was the correct move. (Which is was and always was)

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Vin said:

So does that mean that if Zach had a great running game, he'd improve to an average QB also?  ?

I mean..that's what i'm getting from this here.

I don't want an Average QB who needs a great running game to be Average. 

I want a QB that plays well whether he has a running game or not.  

My point was that with a good running game, a QB's ceiling is shown. Darnold's ceiling was average, so a good running game showed he was average. I think that if Zach had a great running game, he would be much better than average. The issue with that lack of a running game is that it makes the receivers much more difficult to throw to, because the defense isn't scared of the rush. If our offense wasn't so 1-dimensional, it would make it much easier for zach while he goes through his rookie pains.

13 hours ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

This could've been y'all 

Don't throw in the towel on Rhule

On 10/20/2021 at 2:56 AM, Vin said:

I don't think they praised the OL....EVER over there.  ?

Even before Sam was traded there, the fans knew it sucked donkey dong.

Only the Receivers (who failed to do their jobs for some reason) and the Defense (that played like they didn't know what to do) got rightfully shat on, along with Sam. 

And he still led the team in a 96-yard drive with under 2 minutes to tie the game and send it to OT....  I'll never figure Sam out.   

A truly frustrating QB, to say the least.

Anyway, how's Zach been doing.......OH.    well......back to depression.  :(

It's very simple.  He sucks.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's very simple.  He sucks.  

"I don't understand how a bottom barrel starting NFL QB can have a good drive."

Because he is an NFL QB after all.

Also sample sizes, folks. 

Trivia: what 5 players have the highest QB rating in Jets history?

1T. Jameison Crowder

1T. Curtis Martin

1T. Blair Thomas

4. Tom Tupa

5. Freeman McNeil

The highest actual QB on the list? Jay Fiedler. Ranked #13. He threw 13 passes as a Jet. Chad Pennington (Ranked #23) is the highest guy to attempt more than 100 passes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Icer said:

He usually gets worse when the pressure mounts, so I don't think this is going to end well for him. At least he got the $18 million from Carolina for some reason

The Panthers handing him that 5th year option made absolutely no sense at the time, and remains a terrible decision in hindsight.  

• Upvote 2