Sadly, I admit to feeling relief/validation in light of Darnold's struggles.

Paradis

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Moving on from Sam was the correct decision regardless of what Zach becomes. 

Perhaps we should have picked a different QB at #2 or even brought in a veteran stopgap, but Sam was not the long term answer here. He has talent but is just flawed. 

This. 

Darnold was clearly not the answer. I'm worried Wilson is a bust, but sticking with Sam never made any sense.

Media would have killed JD but trading back and trading Sam (with a veteran stopgap) would have made a lot of sense.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Same but the real question for us now is, do we feel better about Zach Wilson’s abilities to fully justify the end results of this decision, whatever that may be?

it is has been 5 games and I already feel better about Zachs abilities.  Give him a better OL, some more playmakers (in other words, switch places with Darnold), a CS with a clue, and we would see those abilities showcased and there would not be a question about this.  

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This. 

Darnold was clearly not the answer. I'm worried Wilson is a bust, but sticking with Sam never made any sense.

Media would have killed JD but trading back and trading Sam (with a veteran stopgap) would have made a lot of sense.

Dude it has been 5 games....FIVE.  Good lord can you give the kid a chance? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

I was much more on the fence than some of you about pulling the plug on Darnold, for reasons we've discussed 10 to the 100th power times here.... I was more - At least give it a year under Rob, trade back, grab Pitts etc etc stock the cupboards blah blah..

But reading more and more of this has helped put Sam and the whole thing firmly in the rear view mirror --

So you won't listen to me and @Jetsfan80 but you will listen to Matt Rhule. I see how it is.

I See How It Is Craig Robinson GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Dude it has been 5 games....FIVE.  Good lord can you give the kid a chance? 

I'm just being honest.

1) I don't like what I see. Kid has serious flaws.

2) How many QBs really struggle out the gate and end up being great these days? Josh Allen is really the only guy. Most of these kids (Mahomes, Watson, Lamar, Murray, Herbert, Burrow) can play immediately and the ones that can't (Trubisky, Darnold, Rosen, Jones, Haskins, Tua) usually don't get there. Baker looked good early but isn't looking like the guy.

I'm not giving up on him at all. I hope he works out and I think we're locked into him for three full seasons. I just don't get a good feeling about him based on these first few games.

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm just being honest.

2) How many QBs really struggle out the gate and end up being great these days? Josh Allen is really the only guy. Most of these kids (Mahomes, Watson, Lamar, Murray, Herbert, Burrow) can play immediately and the ones that can't (Trubisky, Darnold, Rosen, Jones, Haskins, Tua) usually don't get there. Baker looked good early but isn't looking like the guy.

I'm not giving up on him at all. I hope he works out and I think we're locked into him for three full seasons. I just don't get a good feeling about him based on these first few games.

This is a scary but kinda true anylisis…

Cmon Zach be the real deal…pleaseeee

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

I was much more on the fence than some of you about pulling the plug on Darnold, for reasons we've discussed 10 to the 100th power times here.... I was more - At least give it a year under Rob, trade back, grab Pitts etc etc stock the cupboards blah blah..

But reading more and more of this has helped put Sam and the whole thing firmly in the rear view mirror --

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

So you won't listen to me and @Jetsfan80 but you will listen to Matt Rhule. I see how it is.

I See How It Is Craig Robinson GIF

Hey, better late than never to come to the right side.  I was getting worried about Paradis there for a second.  He seemed firmly in the "Darnold isn't that bad" crew.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Same but the real question for us now is, do we feel better about Zach Wilson’s abilities to fully justify the end results of this decision, whatever that may be?

Zach Wilson is a separate item.  Moving on from Darnold would have been the right move regardless of which QB we went with next.

In hindsight, I'm definitely a "we should have drafted Pitts and brought in Trubisky/Minshew/Tyrod" guy at the moment.  Hopefully Wilson proves me wrong.  But any end result where we kept Darnold and sacrificed the draft capital we got back for him would have been the wrong move.  Those picks from Carolina are looking awfully good now that Carolina is 3-3 and a virtual lock for a sub-.500 finish.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm just being honest.

*Mahomes sat out his first year... Zach could've watched and learned for like 5 games like Eli did...

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach Wilson is a separate item.  Moving on from Darnold would have been the right move regardless of which QB we went with next.

In hindsight, I'm definitely a "we should have drafted Pitts and brought in Trubisky/Minshew/Tyrod" guy at the moment.  Hopefully Wilson proves me wrong.  But any end result where we kept Darnold and sacrificed the draft capital we got back for him would have been the wrong move.

Actual tears of joy.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm just being honest.

Like I said in the other thread, it's too early to make predictions but the thing about the Josh Allen example that I feel like people are missing out on here, is that Josh Allen wasnt the worst QB in the NFL his rookie season.  He was bad and didnt look to have next level passing abilities but he wasnt just the flat out worst QB in the NFL.  Zach is the worst QB in the NFL.  And that's scary.  How often does you see the worst QB in the NFL suddenly figure it out?  Not saying it cant happen but it never has before. 

• Thumb Down 2