Mike White would have won today

Blackout

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mike White threw for 251 yards vs the #1 defense in the NFL.  He was sacked once.

Wins and Losses is a QB stat unless we're talking about Sam Darnold or Zach Wilson, then no QB could succeed here with these weaapaponiz and behind this line.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Namath99 said:

We need to find out what exactly white is before the end of the season.  Burying him on the bench after 1 bad game facing maybe the league’s best defense is not smart

Is White a career backup? Probably. But we don’t know anything yet

at this point i'm not seeing the logic in throwing white out there anymore, at least at the expense of wilson.  the jets need to see what they've got in wilson and the only way to know is to put him back out there.  right now he's the guy penciled in as the future.  this isn't taking anything from white.  he did well in a couple of games but he did well mainly because he played within the limits of the offense and whatever the defense was showing.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

at this point i'm not seeing the logic in throwing white out there anymore, at least at the expense of wilson.  the jets need to see what they've got in wilson and the only way to know is to put him back out there.  right now he's the guy penciled in as the future.  this isn't taking anything from white.  he did well in a couple of games but he did well mainly because he played within the limits of the offense and whatever the defense was showing.

At the expense of WIlson?  Okay.  At the expense of Joe Flacco?  What the ****? 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

so mike white who threw for more yards than flacco ever did in his entire career in one of his fist starts vs a better team than the dolphins cant compete vs a terrible 3 win team?  There is no basis for that statement . The answer is we dont know what mike white would have done. We do know flacco is not part of the jets plans and is washed and was already let go by the jets

did you really look at the defense cincy was using as opposed to what the bills and the dolfins threw?  night and day.  i'm not saying white had an easy time but cincy was playing off and letting white have his way with passes to carter etc.  white did not look so good when the bills started throwing a real defense at him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

it's been stated quite a few times why flacco started over white.  the jets knew the doltfins were blitz heavy and they thought flacco could handle the blitz better than white based on what they saw the week before.  i don't think anyone needs to defend the decision.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Can you imagine if everyone tagged you in every post every time they got into a spat with Nut?

"You have 1,498,197 Notifications" 

Thats twice since last night that you've brought me up to someone else.  How about you just stop obsessing with me and keep posting your mindless "I'll wait until they produce before making a comment" type posts that say absolutely nothing and require no thought?  

Stop posting my name?  

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Wilsonian White Knights are desperately trying to paint those who wanted White to start against Miami as wanting White to start above Wilson the rest of the year. Literally no one wants that. It is a bizarre debate technique.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Claymation said:

He was 24 for 44 with 4 Interceptions that day.

He was 6 for 15 throws beyond 10 yards.

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 2.57.37 PM.png

He had a sh*tty game.  I am certainly not arguing otherwise.  Doesn't change the fact that he threw for something like 120 yards more yards than the hyperbolic post was predicting vs. the Dolphins.  I understand the Dolphins are "blitz happy."  They are also nowhere near as good a D as the Bills. 

35 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it's been stated quite a few times why flacco started over white.  the jets knew the doltfins were blitz heavy and they thought flacco could handle the blitz better than white based on what they saw the week before.  i don't think anyone needs to defend the decision.

We all know why they supposedly started Flacco.  We also don't all have to agree that it was the right decision.  I guess maybe it could help them evaluate Moore, Carter, LDT, etc.  I still don't think it was the right decision.  They decided to go without a veteran backup.  White made that decision look smart against the Bengals, but they fold up for Flacco after one sh*tty performance?  I don't get it. 

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He had a sh*tty game.  I am certainly not arguing otherwise.  Doesn't change the fact that he threw for something like 120 yards more yards than the hyperbolic post was predicting vs. the Dolphins.  I understand the Dolphins are "blitz happy."  They are also nowhere near as good a D as the Bills. 

We all know why they supposedly started Flacco.  We also don't all have to agree that it was the right decision.  I guess maybe it could help them evaluate Moore, Carter, LDT, etc.  I still don't think it was the right decision.  They decided to go without a veteran backup.  White made that decision look smart against the Bengals, but they fold up for Flacco after one sh*tty performance?  I don't get it. 

This was a self preservation decision because Saleh/JD believed Flacco gave the Jets the best chance to avoid a blowout. They were not playing to win the game. They were playing to avoid getting embarassed. It was a gutless surrender. Now homers are trying to ret-con this into some brilliant tactic to allow other players to develop. Well, if that was a legitimate motive why the heck did the team not ensure the presence of a veteran backup when the season began?

20 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Stop with the delusion. No one liked white after he completely sh*t the bed last week. 4 picks should have been 7. 8 picks in 3 games. Left 3 separate games because of injury. He is what he is. 

By your own logic, we may as well cut Zach today, because right now he's the 4th QB on the team and has been outplayed by White, Flacco, and Johnson.

And don't tell me about "potential". There's still people here that think Geno and Darnold are worth a sh*t, and they aren't. 

So far, Zach looks like a fragile little boy that has no idea how to be a QB, and is terrified of the pass rush.

Basically, a small, skinny Darnold.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

This was a self preservation decision because Saleh/JD believed Flacco gave the Jets the best chance to avoid a blowout. They were not playing to win the game. They were playing to avoid getting embarassed. It was a gutless surrender.

Maybe, but that is one thing these guys haven't done up until this point.  They generally keep trying until the final gun even when things are in the sh*tter.  It will be interesting what happens next week. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe, but that is one thing these guys haven't done up until this point.  They generally keep trying until the final gun even when things are in the sh*tter.  It will be interesting what happens next week. 

Not talking about the players. I’m talking about the leadership.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Those are absolutely terrible reasons to start Flacco over White.  All offseason we were told that the reason Zach Wilson and other young players would get heavy playing time right out of the gates was because teams are built through adversity.  But then Saleh and co. turn around and, in chicken sh*t fashion, start Flacco to protect White?  GTFO with that sh*t. 

Let White battle through a game against a tough, blitz-heavy opponent in a season where we're not headed for the postseason.  If need be, they could always have brought Flacco in for the 2nd half had White struggled mightily.  Let him battle through adversity like the coaches wanted Zach Wilson to do.  Especially since White is likely to be on the roster in 2022 and Flacco is not.

There was not one good reason to start Flacco over White.  Not one.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Those are absolutely terrible reasons to start Flacco over White.  All offseason we were told that the reason Zach Wilson and other young players would get heavy playing time right out of the gates was because teams are built through adversity.  But then Saleh and co. turn around and, in chicken sh*t fashion, start Flacco to protect White?  GTFO with that sh*t. 

Let White battle through a game against a tough, blitz-heavy opponent in a season where we're not headed for the postseason.  If need be, they could always have brought Flacco in for the 2nd half had White struggled mightily.  Let him battle through adversity like the coaches wanted Zach Wilson to do.  Especially since White is likely to be on the roster in 2022 and Flacco is not.

There was not one good reason to start Flacco over White.  Not one.  

Not one good reason? How about experience and the lack there of against the blitz...I'm all for starting White over Flacco, especially if they believe White can be the backup of the future, but he looked lost against the Bills. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Not one good reason? How about experience and the lack there of against the blitz...

The only way to gain experience against the blitz is to face blitzes.  Not to insulate a QB from them.  Every NFL team blitzes.  The Texans are going to blitz quite a bit this week too.  Should we start Flacco in that one to protect Wilson, too?

Am I taking crazy pills here?

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I'm all for starting White over Flacco, especially if they believe White can be the backup of the future, but he looked lost against the Bills. 

Lot's of guys have looked lost against the Bills.  So who cares?  Let White work through the adversity.  Or was everything Saleh said all offseason about that a load of sh*t?

1 hour ago, jgb said:

The Wilsonian White Knights are desperately trying to paint those who wanted White to start against Miami as wanting White to start above Wilson the rest of the year. Literally no one wants that. It is a bizarre debate technique.

Pretty nutty, eh. :-k

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

By your own logic, we may as well cut Zach today, because right now he's the 4th QB on the team and has been outplayed by White, Flacco, and Johnson.

And don't tell me about "potential". There's still people here that think Geno and Darnold are worth a sh*t, and they aren't. 

So far, Zach looks like a fragile little boy that has no idea how to be a QB, and is terrified of the pass rush.

Basically, a small, skinny Darnold.

Wilson is a much more talented and better prospect than white 

he is also 5 years younger and hasn’t been in the NFL 3 years 

whites “potential” comes from being an extremely efficient decision maker, he’s proven to be more turnover prone than the rookie. He doesn’t get another chance 

Not sure what the Wilson family did to you but the kid has proven to be tough as nails. He’s been hit constantly and the fact that he only missed 4 weeks after taking back to back cheap shots to his knee are a testament to his toughness 

now if you want to talk about charmin soft,  white left 3 consecutive games for non injury injuries

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rangerous said:

White absolutely could have started yesterday and it would have had zero impact on opportunities for Wilson to play

This franchise is lost.

On 11/21/2021 at 7:12 PM, T0mShane said:

Flacco put up 17 points, seven of which was a layup off an INT and the other when a CB misplayed the dart to Moore. Granted, White isn’t squeezing that pass into Moore, but let’s not act like Flacco brought some magical prowess to the team today. It was a waste of a game.

It's November , its a Jets game - Are there any other types ?

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The only way to gain experience against the blitz is to face blitzes.  Not to insulate a QB from them.  Every NFL team blitzes.  The Texans are going to blitz quite a bit this week too.  Should we start Flacco in that one to protect Wilson, too?

Am I taking crazy pills here?

Lot's of guys have looked lost against the Bills.  So who cares?  Let White work through the adversity.  Or was everything Saleh said all offseason about that a load of sh*t?

The Dolphins are going to press and blitz the excrement out of him and White hasn't proven that he can consistently throw beyond 10 yards. Wilson has. Wilson's issues is he is effen trying to aim the ball on short passes.

Also, the Jets are trying to develop more than just their QB position. Also also, I am all for playing White.

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

The Dolphins are going to press and blitz the excrement out of him and White hasn't proven that he can consistently throw beyond 10 yards. Wilson has. Wilson's issues is he is effen trying to aim the ball on short passes.

Also, the Jets are trying to develop more than just their QB position. Also also, I am all for playing White.

And again, I’m not advocating starting White over a healthy Wilson.  I was talking about starting White over Flacco.

On 11/22/2021 at 11:37 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Mike White threw for 251 yards vs the #1 defense in the NFL.  He was sacked once.

This seems more like an OL thing. They also intercepted him 4 times, and the Bills got run over the next week by Jonathan Taylor

8 hours ago, Hex said:

This seems more like an OL thing. They also intercepted him 4 times, and the Bills got run over the next week by Jonathan Taylor

I don't know why the OL would cause White to be expected to throw for 100 yards less against the Dolphins than the Bills.  White was horrid against the Bills.  He still threw for 251 yards.  Threw, not ran.  Would he have held up to the Dolphins blitzing?  I guess we'll never know, but there is no reason to think "they will take away the short stuff and he will only throw for 138 yards" or whatever the post I was responding to said.