One day the Braxton Berrios type of player will not be on this team

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol you are the the one that can not comprehend the easiest of concepts. Maybe too many words confuse you. 

As we draft better WRs berrios wont be able to compete for a roster spot. 

How is that? simple enough for you? please though continue on with pointless comments 

Everyone else is dumb only BJF is enlightened 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

I know. When Berrios gets a big return, it has nothing to do with him and everything to do with the rest of the team setting him up or the opposition falling down. He led the league in KOR average and finished third in punt return average by accident.

Also, Leon had three really good years, then failed to match Berrios production on offense the last two years on offense after that. But yes, tell yourself what you need to. I don’t see anyone talking about genuinely big money for Berrios, but the guy is well worth a good contract and he will get one from the Jets or someone else. 

I don't think it was accident, you don't have to exaggerate or take away from Berrios to simple recognize what he is. Leon was great as pecial teams and could put up points. HE also had a great yards per run making guys miss. In fact it was nuts cause every time he was given a bigger role he exceled. Berrios just simply doesn't have that skill set and lt be great when he is replaced with someone who does. 

I like all the back tracking from you guys now, so now Berrios is only worth a fair contract and will probably get offered one just as Crowder was. A contact fair to his value.  He can get paid by another team if they want to over pay?? !!!

Ok great well then you agree with me. it only took you a few pages to get their well done @slats

15 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol you are the the one that can not comprehend the easiest of concepts. Maybe too many words confuse you. 

As we draft better WRs berrios wont be able to compete for a roster spot. 

How is that? simple enough for you? please though continue on with pointless comments 

DAMMIT!  We were so close to getting out of this cleanly...  Are you just going to go off the rails for the rest of the day until you get booted or quit or just take whatever you are hoping to get and shut the **** up?  You are not helping yourself or your point.  Stop typing.  Please.  For all of our sanity.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/12/2022 at 6:06 AM, jamesr said:

I called him out on this about ten pages ago - his narrative switched from "I hate Berrios" (an actual quote from Post #1, not an inference) to "everyone agrees with me that we will be a better team when we have better players".

And yes, if we had a guy like Elijah Moore as our #4 / #5 WR then I'm sure we would be in a better spot. Maybe we can have a QB that is better than Brady / Rodgers / Mahomes, a WR better than Adams or Kupp, a RB better than Henry ... and so on. Wouldn't that be great? Everyone agrees with me! :D 

You feeling got hurt because i said I hate berrios. But agree with the post overall because it will be good when he is no longer needed. 

I really like how i switched the narrative by saying it all plainly from the the very beginning 

WOW great commentary. glad you showed up. its just hilarious at this point.

1 minute ago, Origen said:

DAMMIT!  We were so close to getting out of this cleanly...  Are you just going to go off the rails for the rest of the day until you get booted or quit or just take whatever you are hoping to get and shut the **** up?  You are not helping yourself or your point.  Stop typing.  Please.  For all of our sanity.

maybe you need a safe space?

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You feeling got hurt because i said I hate berrios. But agree with the post overall because it will be good when he is no longer needed. 

I really like how i switched the narrative by saying it all plainly from the the very beginning 

Is hilarious because everyone is laughing at you.  Literally everyone who has read this thread is laughing at you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

when you dont have anything to contribute or cant defend whatever crazy opinion you have just personally attack the person right? good just them @Bungaman keep it classy

Sorry you felt this was a personal attack. It wasn't meant to be - I apologize. 

I just made the tongue in cheek remark because of the extraordinary effort you were putting into a post that didn't seem to age well, and lots of people disagreed with. I've made posts here that turned out to be pure rubbish in retrospect: it happens. It will always happen - especially when we are opining about events and topics where we have no control over the outcome.

There wasn't much more to be voiced on the topic. We're like a community of arguing weather forecasters who don't even have access to radar: it's all pretty speculative. On the other hand, we don't lose our jobs if we are wrong, either.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

22 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I don't think it was accident, you don't have to exaggerate or take away from Berrios to simple recognize what he is. Leon was great as pecial teams and could put up points. HE also had a great yards per run making guys miss. In fact it was nuts cause every time he was given a bigger role he exceled. Berrios just simply doesn't have that skill set and lt be great when he is replaced with someone who does. 

I like all the back tracking from you guys now, so now Berrios is only worth a fair contract and will probably get offered one just as Crowder was. A contact fair to his value.  He can get paid by another team if they want to over pay?? !!!

Ok great well then you agree with me. it only took you a few pages to get their well done @slats

You’re romanticizing Leon. I loved the guy, too, but his offensive production was not significantly better than Berrios’, and it should’ve been given what should’ve been his role as a third down back. Berrios scored four offensive TDs this season, Leon topped that exactly once in his entire career. 

What do you think would be a fair number for JD and Berrios to agree on here? 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Everyone else is dumb only BJF is enlightened 

no.

look you can disagree with any post from anyone, but you cant just make up their position and then disagree with that like you have. I mean you can actually do it, like you have but it doenst then make me try to defend whatever you made up. 

I would encourage you to reread the first post and reflect a little bit on the comments you have made. I think you will agree it is silly and you are just trolling.

Berrios wont be able to compete for a roster spot as we add good players and god willing Jets fans rejoicing at sub par WR will be over. 

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Is hilarious because everyone is laughing at you.  Literally everyone who has read this thread is laughing at you. 

i mean you are saying it so it must be true. I wonder how many are laughing verse just silently reading your ridiculous posts wondering when you will stop. I mean there are a couple posters that do agree with you. I just wish you could defend your opinion in any rational way so the comments were useful.

14 minutes ago, slats said:

You’re romanticizing Leon. I loved the guy, too, but his offensive production was not significantly better than Berrios’, and it should’ve been given what should’ve been his role as a third down back. Berrios scored four offensive TDs this season, Leon topped that exactly once in his entire career. 

What do you think would be a fair number for JD and Berrios to agree on here? 

I could be Romanticizing cause i always thought he could do more with more touches but but i think you might be not giving leon credit due. 8 TDs in 2008. 6 in 2007 and then 4 in 2006. Am i looking at different numbers that you ? I was looking at nfl.com?

This certainly seems he statistically was better than Berrios I know he feels like he was more important that berrios on memory. He helped out in special teams more than Berrios and then also better as his postiion.  https://www.nfl.com/players/leon-washington/stats/career

LEON STATS

2006 4 Rushing 0 receiving 0 KR

2007 3 Rushing 0 receiving 3 KR

2008 6 Rushing 2 receiving 1 KR

The one year he didn't get more TD's in 2007 he retuned 3 on KR? that is better than berrios no?

For Berrios money. I would not want to give him any more than 3-5 mill...

23 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I could be Romanticizing cause i always thought he could do more with more touches but but i think you might be not giving leon credit due. 8 TDs in 2008. 6 in 2007 and then 4 in 2006. Am i looking at different numbers that you ? I was looking at nfl.com?

This certainly seems he statistically was better than Berrios I know he feels like he was more important that berrios on memory. He helped out in special teams more than Berrios and then also better as his postiion.  https://www.nfl.com/players/leon-washington/stats/career

LEON STATS

2006 4 Rushing 0 receiving 0 KR

2007 3 Rushing 0 receiving 3 KR

2008 6 Rushing 2 receiving 1 KR

The one year he didn't get more TD's in 2007 he retuned 3 on KR? that is better than berrios no?

For Berrios money. I would not want to give him any more than 3-5 mill...

Like I said, he topped four offensive TDs exactly once. You’re trying to tell me he was significantly more productive on offense, but he wasn’t. In fact, you’re proving my (and others’) point, Berrios’ is right on par with Leon. Leon never matched Berrios’ 13.4 yards per punt return or 30.4 yards per KOR ever in his career, either, even in years where he scored 3 TDs. 

I’d love for him to resign for less than $5M/year, but he’s going to get more than that either here or somewhere else. He’s dramatically better than you’re willing to give him credit for. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yes it is. Just be certain you know what everyone is laughing at though. ;-)  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

but you cant just make up their position and then disagree with that like you have.

First you gaslight, then you project EXACTLY what you do on to other people. You have been the supreme ruler of making up someone's position and then arguing against that position. This the reason why everyone in the family stopped talking to you, Aunt Marie. This confirms that you are my aunt. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

careful I don't want these trolls to come after you Hex, but yes exactly. 100%

Moore upside is great and why he was drafted where he was. (glad a rook wr worked out - looking at you mims ) The whole point of this post was as we draft these guys. Eventually the new WR rookie like Moore wont be coming into a room that he can take the number 1 spot. He will be the 4th or 5th guys on the roster or will take the top spot and whoever was there before will be come the 4th or 5th guy. 

There wont be room for the Berrios and that will be a good thing. 

I don't know what trolls you're talking about, there's maybe 2 or 3 people on the entire forum that think Berrios is a good #2 WR. 

No team will ever have a WR with an upside like Moore does at 4/5 when they are at their full potential. That's because Moore at his full potential is a very good WR, and definitely #1 or #2 if there happens to be another top 10 WR on the team.

Berrios got named to PFF's all pro team as a punt and kick returner. Even if he doesn't get time at WR, he is valuable enough to keep as a returner.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, slats said:

Like I said, he topped four offensive TDs exactly once. You’re trying to tell me he was significantly more productive on offense, but he wasn’t. In fact, you’re proving my (and others’) point, Berrios’ is right on par with Leon. Leon never matched Berrios’ 13.4 yards per punt return or 30.4 yards per KOR ever in his career, either, even in years where he scored 3 TDs. 

I’d love for him to resign for less than $5M/year, but he’s going to get more than that either here or somewhere else. He’s dramatically better than you’re willing to give him credit for. 

is double the TD's significant? I think that qualifies. He had double the TD's in 2008 and then same or more than him in the other two years, that seems relevant. 2008 he scored more than Berrios has done all his years on the jets put together. What exactly qualifies as "significantly more" if double or more than his career doesn't count?

Well at least we agree 5M/or less. If he gets offered more on another team. Do you think he will get the opportunities to get 2 Running and 2 Receiving TD's? I don't think so. Hell Cole here beat him out on the depth chart. You don't think that new team will have a Cole?

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

That would be no one. 

When you can’t discuss issues on the margins you jump to superlatives. 

Nobody is calling him Davante Adams. 

someone posted it on this thread actually. Or at least some tweet comparing the two. It was ridiculous. 

SO some body is calling him Davante Adams technically. But yes good point. you are correct. 

As far as some of Berrios supporters they have made the case that he is such a good Special teams player and playmaker that he def needs to be kept on the team. But if we all agree less than 5 mill or more plainly not to be paid like a WR3/2/1 then we all agree 

37 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

First you gaslight, then you project EXACTLY what you do on to other people. You have been the supreme ruler of making up someone's position and then arguing against that position. This the reason why everyone in the family stopped talking to you, Aunt Marie. This confirms that you are my aunt. 

lol

um....

ok?

21 minutes ago, Hex said:

I don't know what trolls you're talking about, there's maybe 2 or 3 people on the entire forum that think Berrios is a good #2 WR. 

No team will ever have a WR with an upside like Moore does at 4/5 when they are at their full potential. That's because Moore at his full potential is a very good WR, and definitely #1 or #2 if there happens to be another top 10 WR on the team.

Berrios got named to PFF's all pro team as a punt and kick returner. Even if he doesn't get time at WR, he is valuable enough to keep as a returner.

Its just the 2 or 3 that you are probably thinking of - 

what? it happens all the time. Does it seem that far fetched to you? I feel like teams do it all the time or at least try. I mean 2018 Falcons got it right with Ridley, Detroit this year got lucky in the 4th round with St Amon Ra. Other teams have good WR that can make plays then some 4/5 guy makes waves and produces. I think that is the way it is supposed to work. Green Bay, Tampa etc name a team. 

Berrios has some value especially because of our talent BUT his Pun and kick returner role isnt as valuable to me considering his limited upside. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Its just the 2 or 3 that you are probably thinking of - 

what? it happens all the time. Does it seem that far fetched to you? I feel like teams do it all the time or at least try. I mean 2018 Falcons got it right with Ridley, Detroit this year got lucky in the 4th round with St Amon Ra. Other teams have good WR that can make plays then some 4/5 guy makes waves and produces. I think that is the way it is supposed to work. Green Bay, Tampa etc name a team. 

Berrios has some value especially because of our talent BUT his Pun and kick returner role isnt as valuable to me considering his limited upside. 

Moore should and will be our #1 WR at some point in the future, and will stay that way. He was an awesome pick. The idea that the Jets would have 3-4 better WRs than Moore would be inconceivable considering cap space.

One of the most important parts of a team is depth, and in all honestly Berrios is probably one of the best depth players there is. He is currently one of the best 4/5 WRs there is. That doesn't mean he should be paid a ton or be a #1 or 2 WR, it just means that he is the type of player that any team would love to have because of his reliability should higher players fall. There is just logically no reason to get rid of him.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Why quote me?

I said I had no idea what it will take to keep him.

@slats did I mention how much I thought he would get? 

My point, BJF, is that Berrios is a very valuable player that belongs ON EVERY ROSTER IN THE NFL.

Lol, this thread is like chlamydia, the gift that keeps on giving.  

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Why quote me?

I said I had no idea what it will take to keep him.

@slats did I mention how much I thought he would get? 

My point, BJF, is that Berrios is a very valuable player that belongs ON EVERY ROSTER IN THE NFL.

Lol, this thread is like chlamydia, the gift that keeps on giving.  

I tagged you in a quote of Slats suggesting  he will get more than 5 million. It was a response to your comment saying no one was suggesting that. It was two posts above your comment. did you see it?

Yeah i mean I don't know what his market will be its all guesses at this point by everyone.

His value at special teams is not that significant and other that have been jsut as good or arguably better (i say leon because of TD production was better) also were let go in the past. Something I think will happen to berrios too if he asks for more than 5 mill.

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I tagged you in a quote of Slats suggesting  he will get more than 5 million. It was a response to your comment saying no one was suggesting that. It was two posts above your comment. did you see it?

Nice reading comprehension.

I said NO ONE WAS SUGGESTING he was more than a number 4/5 WR, that he was a number 1/2/3, that he was a superstar, that he was Davante Adams.

I have never ONCE speculated what he would command in terms of a contract.

That's not my job. 

But as a fan that that's been watching football for decades, to suggest he should not be on this roster is ASININE.

Try to keep up.

And never let this pile of old tires on fire die.