One day the Braxton Berrios type of player will not be on this team

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This didn't age well.

It is amazing how Berrios has improved though. Thinking back it really did seem like the kid didn't have the talent that was needed. Now he is all you need on special teams and a very nice complimentary piece on offense.

Happy for him, can't wait for them to give him an extension.

Idk. I mean I know everyone loves them some berrios right now  but he basically is Andre Robert from a year or two ago.

My post is still spot on in the grand scheme of things having more Moore's, Carter's etc .. eventually will push out the berries type of player and we will be better off. 

Great special teamer but scrub all the same. If JD comes out to pays him big money then it's a mistake but it will confirm JD agrees with you guys more than me. I don't think that will be the case tho. JD sees him the same as I do.

• Thumb Down 6

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Almost 24 hours on page 2 didn’t seem right, especially after Coach Saleh showed such adoration for Berrios in his recent presser. 

Kid is a small little light ona team of some dark spots. Kid is getting well deserved praise. Doesn't change what he is. Although I do hate hil less. At least he does so teams well.

14 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It def seems that Sam darniod was ruined here. Not sure I was wrong about him. That still seems accurate

So even after all these years you can't admit that Sam Darnold was simply bad?  3 different regimes and coaching staffs have worked with him and none have gotten anything but lousy QB play out of him, but its ALL the Jets' fault?

The simple truth is he's a mush who wasn't good in the first place.  We were all so enamored with his Rose Bowl performance that we overlooked his many flaws and red flags.  Like when he led all of FBS in turnovers his final year at USC, and one scout called his footwork so bad that he looked like a "cow on skates".  4 years later and his footwork still looks terrible and he can't stop turning the ball over.  Did Adam Gase cause all that?

You have a complete inability to just admit when your bad takes are bad.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Idk. I mean I know everyone loves them some berrios right now  but he basically is Andre Robert from a year or two ago.

My post is still spot on in the grand scheme of things having more Moore's, Carter's etc .. eventually will push out the berries type of player and we will be better off. 

Great special teamer but scrub all the same. If JD comes out to pays him big money then it's a mistake but it will confirm JD agrees with you guys more than me. I don't think that will be the case tho. JD sees him the same as I do.

Certainly would be nice if the Moores and Carters could stay healthy on the field like Braxton does. Not sure anybody is pushing him off unless his play and effort declines.

Honestly with better talent around him he should contribute at a similar or higher level. If other teams have guys like Moore and Carter to worry about Braxton could become almost automatic at times. He was  the Bucs #1 concern Sunday, when he becomes the 3 or 4th concern Id think that would only make him more effective not get replaced, 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

On 12/8/2021 at 5:29 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Sometimes we get so caught up in Wilson etc. bring good or how Corey Davis doesn't live up to expectation etc. But the really big things people just dismiss or dont bring up is how bad our roster really is. We have tons of below average jags, that might pop off a play here or there in their 5000 attempts and look good every now and then, but DAMN, we need to upgrade this roster. 

Some people want to extend this guys or other like him. He is a scrub player. Sorry no offense but he is not a playing ball anywhere else. I like to think and debate about our line and other positions but drafting well is really the only way to get better. And for Joe D. part in all this he has been upgrading us, this last draft especially.

I can not wait till we no longer have these guys on the squad, they are god damn practice squad guys.  

SOme of this is also just bad team management like what we see in Baltimore wiht thier RB's. they had a great back in Tyson - young athletic, good player, and then they run Bell, devaonte and every other run down back in the league to replace him. Why the hell we got COleman, Ty johnson out there all year? It took way too many weeks to get Carter the ball. but look at this kid walter. He should be the back up, 

so drafting is great but we also have to lose this hold on to scrub mentality. Braxton should be gone. Rant over. Also i hate Berrios.

This didn't age well. ?

40 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

As much as I enjoy watching bornjetsfan hammer on about Berrios as he strings good games together, I think the real issue is that he doesn't understand the value of Andre Roberts.  Ignoring the fact that Berrios has more yards receiving than Roberts has had since 2014, Roberts was in the AFC Championship game last season.  If the Chargers win this week he will have made the playoffs all three years since leaving.  The idea that good teams don't have guys like that is simply wrong.

The 48th man on the roster should play like DK Metcalf. Everyone knows that.

• Haha 1

Jags are a necessary part of any team.  What this team is missing is a few dawgs to raise everyone's level of play.  There are no dawgs in the secondary but if we had two dawgs chasing down the opposing QB, the CB would be that much better.  The entire defense would be much better.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Couldn't disagree with you more bro. Berrios is 10x the Receiver Roberts was. Not only that, he is a threat on Jet sweeps and is also tough as nails. He is rapidly becoming an emotional leader on this team and you can tell that his tough catches over the middle inspire his teammates.

I'm not sure what your agenda is with this player but I feel your criticism is unwarranted and I for one am thrilled that he is on this team.

I am also thrilled that JD signed him after NE cut him and I will be more excited when he signs his extension.

The Jets need more players with the heart that Berrios plays with. Maybe Mims should watch him and learn. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 4

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

As much as I enjoy watching bornjetsfan hammer on about Berrios as he strings good games together, I think the real issue is that he doesn't understand the value of Andre Roberts.  Ignoring the fact that Berrios has more yards receiving than Roberts has had since 2014, Roberts was in the AFC Championship game last season.  If the Chargers win this week he will have made the playoffs all three years since leaving.  The idea that good teams don't have guys like that is simply wrong.

Yep.  Guys with versatility and durability have a lot of value on the bottom of the roster, especially for teams who are up against the cap.  Every successful NFL team needs young, cheap talent like that.  

There's a reason why guys like Leon Washington and Brad Smith have been popular here over the years.  They were around during quite a few playoff seasons and were solid contributors to those teams.  Berrios could easily be that kind of guy if/when the Jets start winning.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You keep breaking the record for worst post of the year every time you post. You will never push a Berrios type off of the team. He is rostered on 100% of NFL teams. 

Do you wake up with the goal of saying the dumbest thing possible? You are achieving that goal. 

200.gif

This is what listening to him is like.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is the problem with Berrios fans, always settling for second best.?

Seriously, every good team has a players like this. When opposing teams have to game plan for a player he is not a scrub. Reverses with him and Moore can have the potential to give defenses fits, mix in Carter I and you have the start of something.

• Upvote 2