One day the Braxton Berrios type of player will not be on this team

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Partly trolling, yes.  But you're also wrong about Berrios.  Every team needs players like Berrios on their team.  And if his next contract is relatively cheap, even more of a reason to keep him around.  The middle/bottom of your roster needs to be filled with cheap, versatile players.  Berrios fits the bill there.  And he's better than you think he is at football. 

You've been wrong all thread, AND its fun to troll you about it.  Those aren't mutually exclusive parts of this.

Not sure what i am wrong ab out nothing you have pointed out, most of this thread has you and other agreeing with me, even above when you said the roster needs cheap versatile players, you literally agree with me.

Those cheap players should be guys we drafted with upside. Fans like you want to pay for Berrios ceiling right now when he can easily be replaced. 

Contract time will be telling. Berrios will take minimum pay or he will be gone. Days of over paying are done wiht JD in the house.

50 minutes ago, Hex said:

Yea, I wouldn't be surprised. In fact, I bet that 90% of trollers on this site are actually Jets fans like they say they are but lost their sanity 20 years ago

They broke the day BB turned in his napkin and haven't been the same since...

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Not sure what i am wrong ab out nothing you have pointed out, most of this thread has you and other agreeing with me, even above when you said the roster needs cheap versatile players, you literally agree with me.

Those cheap players should be guys we drafted with upside. Fans like you want to pay for Berrios ceiling right now when he can easily be replaced. 

Contract time will be telling. Berrios will take minimum pay or he will be gone. Days of over paying are done wiht JD in the house.

One of the things the Jets have tended to do during their years in the wilderness is find a player, have that player get good, let them walk, take 3-7 years to find player to fill position again who is as good.  Now if we had just paid that person a mid salary we would have had a building block toward the team set.  Then draft picks are brought in and groomed in behind him so when his contract is done you have an immediate replacement ready, or he gets another contract because he is so awesome and the draft pick is now a trade chip.  I'm not sure why us getting him on the waiver wire and then giving him a contract after proving his worth is worse than doing it with a draft pick. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think $6-7M per is a fair price to pay for what Berrios brings to the table.  And he's not that easily replaced.  We've only rostered a few guys over the years that benefitted the team in 3+ areas like Berrios.  Leon Washington and Brad Smith are the 2 that come to mind, and I can't really think of any since then.  

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

he is damaged goods, not hard to understand.

Man if gases would not have trashed him, he could have been great.

Nothing in his final year at USC nor his rookie year portended to future greatness.

Gase is not the reason Darnold was not great or even good in Carolina.  He is a bad QB and always has been.  

Ask Ryan Tannehill how he's doing post-Gase.  Gase didn't turn him into "damaged goods".

You're either an insane person or a block-headed one for continuing to double down on bad takes.  You were wrong about Darnold and you're wrong about Berrios.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol reread my very first post. The post is about it will be nice when we have good players from drafts making Berrios obsolete. 

And maybe read the pages that follow too because some people here are directly opposing your facts, they woudl like to make him an expensive WR on the guise the he is some game breaking WR that we need. This of course is ridiculous. 

Also reliable? in what? not in getting open and being a good WR option.

You realize that Berrios, even on a good depth team, would be a wanted player. He's cheap, fast, and mostly reliable. 

By reliable I mean that Berrios is normally a trustable player to be able to stay on the field. He was healthy for pretty much the whole season, only missing the last game. He's pretty much Julian Edelman in his earlier years. As Joe W. Namath said, Edelman was mediocre but rising and exploded when he got playing time. I think Berrios won't get up to the same level, but he is definitely trust

Those people in the following page don't control what the Jets will do with him, so I'm not worried. You're saying that they are ridiculous while at the same time saying that they oppose my facts, so you obviously think my facts are true.

Thanks.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol you knuckleheads making foolish arguments is not really abuse. I mean its a weird hill to make your last stand, the berrios is great thing, but hey whatever floats youre boat. 

It's not a "last stand".  I'll be here for the rest of my life to comment on your silly takes.  I'm sure you'll provide many more over the years.  

45 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Darnold did terrible in CAR. That was literally my point I'm not sure you going into detail disagrees with me. Its not a simple thing of being weak minded, hard to explain if you never played sports but its kind of like you learn to do things bad and because of situation you have been in, it molds your play and limits potential you once had. Its pretty common and well known thing to happen to players. 

Darnold does in fact suck now.

He sucked pre-Gase too.  Explain that one.  

55 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

lol, this thread is amazing. 

Let’s do everything we can to keep this thread going through next season. Hopefully, Douglas resigns Berrios 

It's morphed into the official "BornJetsFan1983 bad takes" thread.  Maybe it'll even get to 100,000 posts.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This is called gaslighting. Nobody is agreeing with you about anything. You have been wrong about everything since your first post. You continually create false narratives and then respond to them. Let this thread die, because all it does it make you look worse every time you respond.

If you're into humiliation, by all means, continue. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This is called gaslighting. Nobody is agreeing with you about anything. You have been wrong about everything since your first post. You continually create false narratives and then respond to them. Let this thread die, because all it does it make you look worse every time you respond.

Harry Potter Reaction GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Origen said:

One of the things the Jets have tended to do during their years in the wilderness is find a player, have that player get good, let them walk, take 3-7 years to find player to fill position again who is as good.  Now if we had just paid that person a mid salary we would have had a building block toward the team set.  Then draft picks are brought in and groomed in behind him so when his contract is done you have an immediate replacement ready, or he gets another contract because he is so awesome and the draft pick is now a trade chip.  I'm not sure why us getting him on the waiver wire and then giving him a contract after proving his worth is worse than doing it with a draft pick. 

one thing we have done is pay someone else berrios top dollar to come here and they predicably are trash. Sign him for minimum money or fair market price all day! then a couple drafts later we dont need him or he becomes a superstar! seems like the way to go in building a roster to me.

Nothing in his final year at USC nor his rookie year portended to future greatness.

Gase is not the reason Darnold was not great or even good in Carolina.  He is a bad QB and always has been.  

Ask Ryan Tannehill how he's doing post-Gase.  Gase didn't turn him into "damaged goods".

You're either an insane person or a block-headed one for continuing to double down on bad takes.  You were wrong about Darnold and you're wrong about Berrios.

you * think I am wrong about both.

Darnold showed all the natural ability in the world to be a top prospect. you can't just make that go away. you think brady was a stud in college? nope. Translating into the NFL is hard for anyone but guys with natural talent at least have a better shot. There is countless threads debating all this darnold stuff but because you refuse to accept a logical and rational explanation for darnold being a huge let down doesn't make it any less true.

Tannehill is a great example of someone that got away and succeeded like many others that Gase held down with coaching. Darnold unfortunately is shell shocked and never lived up to the talent, really bad luck for him.

classic logical falacy - no it is not either crazy or block headed cause i dont agree with your insane bizarro world of Darbold was always trash argument.

Also you dress it up but agree with me on berrios, admit or not doesn't really matter. At the end of the day it will be a good day when we no longer have guys like berrios that do not contribute on the main roster and have limited upside in the WR4/5 slot.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

one thing we have done is pay someone else berrios top dollar to come here and they predicably are trash. Sign him for minimum money or fair market price all day! then a couple drafts later we dont need him or he becomes a superstar! seems like the way to go in building a roster to me.

Like who?

The last non-homegrown guy I can recall that we brought in to play a "swiss army knife" type role on offense/special teams was Andre Roberts, and he did quite well here.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you * think I am wrong about both.

I KNOW you're wrong about both, because every available metric demonstrates your wrongness.  Your argument is based on feelings and nonsensical hypotheticals.  Neither of those approaches win arguments.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

There is countless threads debating all this darnold stuff but because you refuse to accept a logical and rational explanation for darnold being a huge let down doesn't make it any less true.

Arguing that Darnold sucks because his college and pro statistical performance suck is an argument grounded in logic and reason.

Your argument is grounded in hope and feelings based on 2 games out of the 75 or so he's played at the pro and collegiate level:  The Rose Bowl game and Packers game.  

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think $6-7M per is a fair price to pay for what Berrios brings to the table.  And he's not that easily replaced.  We've only rostered a few guys over the years that benefitted the team in 3+ areas like Berrios.  Leon Washington and Brad Smith are the 2 that come to mind, and I can't really think of any since then.  

as long as it is not top money to comparable player sign me up!

1 hour ago, Hex said:

You realize that Berrios, even on a good depth team, would be a wanted player. He's cheap, fast, and mostly reliable. 

By reliable I mean that Berrios is normally a trustable player to be able to stay on the field. He was healthy for pretty much the whole season, only missing the last game. He's pretty much Julian Edelman in his earlier years. As Joe W. Namath said, Edelman was mediocre but rising and exploded when he got playing time. I think Berrios won't get up to the same level, but he is definitely trust

Those people in the following page don't control what the Jets will do with him, so I'm not worried. You're saying that they are ridiculous while at the same time saying that they oppose my facts, so you obviously think my facts are true.

Thanks.

the one thing with Edelman was he was able to get open consistently. If Berrios can somehow fix that part of his game he could have a very similar career path and become a good player. um. yeah i mean i didn't research your specific post but seems like a reasonable evaluation and hopefully Berrios could become someone like him. After this season I think he has a very good shot at being extended while Joe wont over pay, i think there is still room from him for now.

But eventually and really this whole post is only about - one day we have better roster and someone with more upside like a Elijah Moore type in that WR 4/5 spot. I assume you agree with that simple statement. Dude became our Number 1 this year. Its not good when the roster is so weak.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

------------------

Dude became our Number 1 this year. Its not good when the roster is so weak.

These statements run counter to the thread title:  "One day the Braxton Berrios type player will not be on this team."

Now you're moving the goalposts.  You're cool with Berrios being on the team....at the right price.  You're also cool with Berrios being on the team....as long as he's not the WR1.  Everyone else in this thread has been arguing those exact things:  We want Berrios back at a decent price, as the WR4/5 and return guy.  No one said anything more about the guy.  

If the above was your initial take, no one would have had an issue with it.  But it wasn't.  You said the guy basically sucks and the thread title suggested you wanted him gone.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

He had potential year 1 then got Mono and BB broke him in Primetime. He wasn’t consistent before that but I do see that game as the point of no return. 

• Upvote 1

I would be shocked if JD paid more than that for him but I hope that is enough to get it done. He is consistently available and LaFleur figured out exactly how to use him down the stretch. Would be cool to see him back. And if we don’t bring him back, hopefully he leaves the AFCE

• Upvote 2

It's morphed into the official "BornJetsFan1983 bad takes" thread.  Maybe it'll even get to 100,000 posts.

FTR - I still have hope for Darnold. He was traded to a team that won 5 games each of the last two years. Next season will tell the tale, no more excuses, if he sucks then I'll officially give up on Sam.

• WTF? 1

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Like who?

The last non-homegrown guy I can recall that we brought in to play a "swiss army knife" type role on offense/special teams was Andre Roberts, and he did quite well here.

oh man I almost forgot who was that guy we got from washington, big FA signing was supposed to be big sack guys. i cant remember exactly but I think he actually did play well while healthy for like a game. Or maybe he never played a game. Anyway dude was hurt all the time and never did notthing for us. that was a rough one too. but really there are more guys that fit this scenario than not for us. Hard to believe you actually dont know any. 

• WTF? 3

13 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

FTR - I still have hope for Darnold. He was traded to a team that won 5 games each of the last two years. Next season will tell the tale, no more excuses, if he sucks then I'll officially give up on Sam.

It takes five years, four offensive coordinators, and three head coaches to properly evaluate a quarterback. Everyone knows this.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

These statements run counter to the thread title:  "One day the Braxton Berrios type player will not be on this team."

Now you're moving the goalposts.  You're cool with Berrios being on the team....at the right price.  You're also cool with Berrios being on the team....as long as he's not the WR1.  Everyone else in this thread has been arguing those exact things:  We want Berrios back at a decent price, as the WR4/5 and return guy.  No one said anything more about the guy.  

If the above was your initial take, no one would have had an issue with it.  But it wasn't.  You said the guy basically sucks and the thread title suggested you wanted him gone.  

you slow maybe? lol

just responding to you and othe have not moved anywhere, if anything i have dug in againt the lunacy. 

this goes back to you not reading the whole post originally or just pretending not sure which. Berrios is a low upside player that has a role on the team. (still with me?) dude is not worth a bunch of money so while we gain talent, as a role player he can be on the team for the right price. (seems pretty solid ground still, lets keep going) Im cool with him being on the team untill we have guys that can take his spot with better upside - Also and this is what you foolishly have been against - that is a going to be a good thing.

you and other think Berrios is more than what he is an I oppose paying more than he is worth. simple. I suggested that when he is gone because he have better guys it will be GREAT!

It's not a "last stand".  I'll be here for the rest of my life to comment on your silly takes.  I'm sure you'll provide many more over the years.  

certainly seems that way you are Berrios ride or die. All good be proud of it. Its your life. Not silly to understand football while pointing out your lack of um...how do I say this politely...different viewpoint? yeah I like that, your different viewpoint. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-darnold/32004441-5246-6141-9e5c-6e7d32a03e33

2 hours ago, mfmartin said:

Darnold got away from Gase and was just as bad. The “he is secretly good” thing is laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

the distinction is he played well as a rookie that had the most modest of current offensive philosophy. Gase came in and broke him with his crap, now he plays like ass always even with the best RB in the game on his team. Moore made him look good for a few plays too.

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

more like Jetsfan80 just says same thing over and over and over again without ever acknowledging his love of berrios

26 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

To be fair what you call my false narrative is restating the very first post I made where I laid out the case that our team is better with out Berrrios because it should be a guys like Moore that comes into that spot because the WR 1/2/3/4 is already set with other drafted guys. Just because you want to turn this into to some berrios is the best thing and teams need role players (no one disagrees with this btw just in our head) doesn't change my point or argument. The fact you getting mad that i don't just accept your incorrect description of what is being said doesn't bother me. It just lets me know not to take your comment seriously. It is the internet people ike you are expected. 

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Like who?

Trumaine J, Perriman, GVR A Lewis etc etc...

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I KNOW you're wrong about both, because every available metric demonstrates your wrongness.  Your argument is based on feelings and nonsensical hypotheticals.  Neither of those approaches win arguments.  

not sure how feelings are apart of having a nice new rookie with WR 1 upside over Berrios demonstrates my "wrongness"...maybe this trolling thing is not your best. 

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Arguing that Darnold sucks because his college and pro statistical performance suck is an argument grounded in logic and reason.

Your argument is grounded in hope and feelings based on 2 games out of the 75 or so he's played at the pro and collegiate level:  The Rose Bowl game and Packers game.  

just not in reality because everyone that did the whole evaluation of him thing for every single team had him as a top pick in the draft despite your monday morning qtrback opinion. Man how silly of every major draft talent advisor and professional all got it wrong but not you lol.

I literally linked you his NFL draft evaluation card thing. but you can look at the source of your choice. One thing about being wrong like you and that no matter how much you want to pretend it isnt the way it is...is that it is the way it is. Darnold not only was highly touted for his talent but also had and showed great promise in his rookie year. You cant just make believe that away because it doesn't fit your silly narrative. 

Even when you are always right like me, even I, from time to time have to evaluate new info and take that into account. Like berrios special teams play, I didn't give him the credit he deserved. Still not very valuable overall to the team and very replaceable but still he should get credit. Hopefully he gets even better next year under the team friendly contract he will be signing.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Andre Roberts, who ran one back last week or 2 for the Chargers after we let him go to the Bills and be an all-pro there a couple times.  Not saying we should have paid him $3m+ per to stay, but rosters and roles are fluid.  Sign Berrios for 3 years at 4 per guaranteed with bonuses up to 16 and JD's a genius

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Okay you officially lost me.  I have no idea what you are talking about anymore.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

certainly seems that way you are Berrios ride or die. All good be proud of it. Its your life. Not silly to understand football while pointing out your lack of um...how do I say this politely...different viewpoint? yeah I like that, your different viewpoint. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-darnold/32004441-5246-6141-9e5c-6e7d32a03e33

the distinction is he played well as a rookie that had the most modest of current offensive philosophy. Gase came in and broke him with his crap, now he plays like ass always even with the best RB in the game on his team. Moore made him look good for a few plays too.

more like Jetsfan80 just says same thing over and over and over again without ever acknowledging his love of berrios

To be fair what you call my false narrative is restating the very first post I made where I laid out the case that our team is better with out Berrrios because it should be a guys like Moore that comes into that spot because the WR 1/2/3/4 is already set with other drafted guys. Just because you want to turn this into to some berrios is the best thing and teams need role players (no one disagrees with this btw just in our head) doesn't change my point or argument. The fact you getting mad that i don't just accept your incorrect description of what is being said doesn't bother me. It just lets me know not to take your comment seriously. It is the internet people ike you are expected. 

Trumaine J, Perriman, GVR A Lewis etc etc...

not sure how feelings are apart of having a nice new rookie with WR 1 upside over Berrios demonstrates my "wrongness"...maybe this trolling thing is not your best. 

just not in reality because everyone that did the whole evaluation of him thing for every single team had him as a top pick in the draft despite your monday morning qtrback opinion. Man how silly of every major draft talent advisor and professional all got it wrong but not you lol.

I literally linked you his NFL draft evaluation card thing. but you can look at the source of your choice. One thing about being wrong like you and that no matter how much you want to pretend it isnt the way it is...is that it is the way it is. Darnold not only was highly touted for his talent but also had and showed great promise in his rookie year. You cant just make believe that away because it doesn't fit your silly narrative. 

Even when you are always right like me, even I, from time to time have to evaluate new info and take that into account. Like berrios special teams play, I didn't give him the credit he deserved. Still not very valuable overall to the team and very replaceable but still he should get credit. Hopefully he gets even better next year under the team friendly contract he will be signing.

Is there something in the water here that makes people dig in hard on the dumbest sh*t and never ever stop?  This place seems like a land where mental breakdowns happen quite often...

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

the one thing with Edelman was he was able to get open consistently. If Berrios can somehow fix that part of his game he could have a very similar career path and become a good player. um. yeah i mean i didn't research your specific post but seems like a reasonable evaluation and hopefully Berrios could become someone like him. After this season I think he has a very good shot at being extended while Joe wont over pay, i think there is still room from him for now.

But eventually and really this whole post is only about - one day we have better roster and someone with more upside like a Elijah Moore type in that WR 4/5 spot. I assume you agree with that simple statement. Dude became our Number 1 this year. Its not good when the roster is so weak.

Berrios made it onto PFF's all pro team. Elijah Moore won't be a 4/5 WR in his career, based on how he has played he should be our #1 in the future as he develops. Berrios is not a #1 WR, but he most certainly is at least 4/5 WR. 

I agree with you that if Berrios can get open more consistently he will be much more successful.

• Upvote 2