One day the Braxton Berrios type of player will not be on this team

Sometimes we get so caught up in Wilson etc. bring good or how Corey Davis doesn't live up to expectation etc. But the really big things people just dismiss or dont bring up is how bad our roster really is. We have tons of below average jags, that might pop off a play here or there in their 5000 attempts and look good every now and then, but DAMN, we need to upgrade this roster. 

Some people want to extend this guys or other like him. He is a scrub player. Sorry no offense but he is not a playing ball anywhere else. I like to think and debate about our line and other positions but drafting well is really the only way to get better. And for Joe D. part in all this he has been upgrading us, this last draft especially.

I can not wait till we no longer have these guys on the squad, they are god damn practice squad guys.  

SOme of this is also just bad team management like what we see in Baltimore wiht thier RB's. they had a great back in Tyson - young athletic, good player, and then they run Bell, devaonte and every other run down back in the league to replace him. Why the hell we got COleman, Ty johnson out there all year? It took way too many weeks to get Carter the ball. but look at this kid walter. He should be the back up, 

so drafting is great but we also have to lose this hold on to scrub mentality. Braxton should be gone. Rant over. Also i hate Berrios.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 31
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 8

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Name a team that has a better 5th wr then berrios.  

Crickets.........................................................................

Name a team that has a WR that gets as much playing time as Berrios

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

One day fans will appreciate that special teams are critically important too.

I always say this but it never comes to fruition. 

Any time any team drafts a kicker, you have people mocking them. Specials are always overlooked by most folks and always will be 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If Berrios was cut he would be signed by another team in a heartbeat.  Would not even make it through waivers.

If Berrios was cut the GM would be an idiot, and you better than anybody else knows he isn't

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

i don't get the berrios hate.  okay so he's not the fastest guy but he's always ready to play.  he has decent hands and is a pretty capable punt and kick returner.  i doubt if chrebet was faster than berrios and he was a fan favorite.  the jets could do far worse than having another 10 berrios' on the team.

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Hex said:

Really? The Jets are losing games because their defense and kickers suck and you criticize a player who hasn't done terribly this season?

Cool.

sure you are right, they have been sucking. Yes,

um berrios has done terribly this whole season. That is where you are wrong. He doesnt start on other teams. It will be a great day when he is not on our squad or men of his skill level. This guy was out of the league until our injury ridden squad took him from the pats. He is not good. Yeah he had one good play. But the idea is that we would have more than just one good play if he was more talented and relative to other teams, we should have a better player.

This Ho Hum we should be happy with a turd cause he dont stink that bad is dumb imo

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Sometimes we get so caught up in Wilson etc. bring good or how Corey Davis doesn't live up to expectation etc. But the really big things people just dismiss or dont bring up is how bad our roster really is. We have tons of below average jags, that might pop off a play here or there in their 5000 attempts and look good every now and then, but DAMN, we need to upgrade this roster. 

Some people want to extend this guys or other like him. He is a scrub player. Sorry no offense but he is not a playing ball anywhere else. I like to think and debate about our line and other positions but drafting well is really the only way to get better. And for Joe D. part in all this he has been upgrading us, this last draft especially.

I can not wait till we no longer have these guys on the squad, they are god damn practice squad guys.  

SOme of this is also just bad team management like what we see in Baltimore wiht thier RB's. they had a great back in Tyson - young athletic, good player, and then they run Bell, devaonte and every other run down back in the league to replace him. Why the hell we got COleman, Ty johnson out there all year? It took way too many weeks to get Carter the ball. but look at this kid walter. He should be the back up, 

so drafting is great but we also have to lose this hold on to scrub mentality. Braxton should be gone. Rant over. Also i hate Berrios.

You are right that many players on this roster need to be upgraded. But if Berrios is producing, why can’t he be a viable option for third or fourth receiver going forward? His return was awesome the other day. And he seems to run decent routes. He seems like he can catch the ball. He’s not a number two, but I actually think he would be a contributing player on a lot of teams.