One day the Braxton Berrios type of player will not be on this team

On 12/8/2021 at 5:37 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m not advocating we extend Berrios or anything, but this is kind of a bad week to be critical of him.  He gets at least 40 % of the credit for the team scoring a TD on it’s opening drive on Sunday.  

C'mon now,@Jetsfan80 , you're throwing a lot of stones at the OP when your first post in the thread is at least partially made of glass... ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I think what the OP is NOW positing after moving the goal posts over 100 yards is that if you can find a better player than Berrios, that player should replace him.

Which is true of every single player on the roster.

Go find that player, but until you do, you need players like Berrios.

Finding his replacement will be difficult because of everything he brings to the table--things that he is VERY effective at, the special teams, the receptions, the Jet sweeps, the first downs, the clutch plays, the toughness, the chemistry, the type of guy EVERY roster should have.

He's not a superstar.  

But he's extremely valuable to this team.  

lol reading comprehension. its not moving 100 yards just because it took you 20 pages to understand the very first post.  your comment dont even make sense. 

"Finding his replacement" .... it has been explained at length including the very first post. 

Let me ask how valuable has he been to all our wins?

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol reading comprehension. its not moving 100 yards just because it took you 20 pages to understand the very first post.  your comment dont even make sense. 

"Finding his replacement" .... it has been explained at length including the very first post. 

Well he scored a KR TD in a game we won by 6, so that's at least one.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Every village needs its idiot.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2021 at 12:54 AM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Top 10 returner? Based on?

Ranked by who? Love to see that....that's like saying a team has a great run defense when in actuality they just can't stop the pass or vice versa...no they aren't..

Correct me if I'm wrong but berrios is the guy who can't make a guy miss and basically just does a fair catch repeatedly right? Sorry but who ranks him good? 

BB All Pro - 16x9

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I gotta tell you brother - you are one tough SOB.

You have gotten the crap beat out of you over 22 pages and you just keep on fighting. 

You are wrong in your position and arguments - but I have to respect the effort.

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

dkkdrzv6no3szmytlvy0.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The guy who still thinks Sam Darnold is a good QB continues to double down on a bad take?  Get out of town!

not my position, I said was Sam was a good prospect had a good rookie season and then was ruined by Gase. Thought he might have turned it around after getting away from gase but alas it looks like poor Sammy is done.

When Just making up my position for me, your really are not arguing with me, your arguing with yourself ...or laughing at yourself whatever its silly.

2 hours ago, slats said:

What’s funny is that @BornJetsFan1983 has moved his initial, “I hate Braxton Berrios,” goalposts all the way to, “$5M/year would be okay.” As of today, $5M/year would make this alleged scrub the 10th highest paid player on the team and he’s perfectly fine with that. 

How did I move? I still hate Berrios and look forward to when he is replaced as I said. I never heard back from you about Leon Washington when you ignored his TD's? Guess didn't fit your narrative.

What's funny to me is that consistently misquote me like Jetsfan above. THe compensation came up on what I think and so I just told you what I thought he was worth as a player. Getting less that Keelan Cole is where i put it. That somehow moves the goal posts? You are so desperate to try to change my position, Im not sure why. But It is easy to respond to all these comments because i just give you my opinion that I have always had since I post it. 

I have seen you post smart things before, maybe you can do better in the furture?

18 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

We won 4 games.  Berrios had touchdowns against the Bengals and Jags and he had 47 of our 150 yard receiving against the Texans.  He also had 2 TDs against the defending champs which would have counted as a win if the defense didn't completely sh*t the bed.

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

image.png.fc8e207787d09cc38234feb882ce84ea.png

It's like you guys are knocking off his retorts with real live events that actually happened.  

Weird.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

not my position, I said was Sam was a good prospect had a good rookie season and then was ruined by Gase. Thought he might have turned it around after getting away from gase but alas it looks like poor Sammy is done.

When Just making up my position for me, your really are not arguing with me, your arguing with yourself ...or laughing at yourself whatever its silly.

How did I move? I still hate Berrios and look forward to when he is replaced as I said. I never heard back from you about Leon Washington when you ignored his TD's? Guess didn't fit your narrative.

What's funny to me is that consistently misquote me like Jetsfan above. THe compensation came up on what I think and so I just told you what I thought he was worth as a player. Getting less that Keelan Cole is where i put it. That somehow moves the goal posts? You are so desperate to try to change my position, Im not sure why. But It is easy to respond to all these comments because i just give you my opinion that I have always had since I post it. 

I have seen you post smart things before, maybe you can do better in the furture?

dkkdrzv6no3szmytlvy0.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 12/8/2021 at 5:29 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Some people want to extend this guys or other like him. He is a scrub player. Sorry no offense but he is not a playing ball anywhere else

I can not wait till we no longer have these guys on the squad, they are god damn practice squad guys.

Braxton should be gone. Rant over. Also i hate Berrios.

Yeah, hard to tell where or when the goalposts were moved. 

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I gotta tell you brother - you are one tough SOB.

You have gotten the crap beat out of you over 22 pages and you just keep on fighting. 

You are wrong in your position and arguments - but I have to respect the effort.

No you don't.  . .

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

C'mon now,@Jetsfan80 , you're throwing a lot of stones at the OP when your first post in the thread is at least partially made of glass... ;)

lol

19 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

1 of 4 wins on the season. That kind of speaks for it self right?

19 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Every village needs its idiot.  

I mean if you just want to tell people you cant really defend your comments and just want to call names...ok you seem like a turd, pretty sh*tty person.

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

We won 4 games.  Berrios had touchdowns against the Bengals and Jags and he had 47 of our 150 yard receiving against the Texans.  He also had 2 TDs against the defending champs which would have counted as a win if the defense didn't completely sh*t the bed.

Man it would have been nice if Zach has passed verse ran there.

lol

1 of 4 wins on the season. That kind of speaks for it self right?

I mean if you just want to tell people you cant really defend your comments and just want to call names...ok you seem like a turd, pretty sh*tty person.

Man it would have been nice if Zach has passed verse ran there.

dkkdrzv6no3szmytlvy0.jpg

Ebouk3_XsAAnoD-.jpg

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

See above on how you moved. 

I said that Leon had scored more offensive TDs exactly one time when I first mentioned him. Not sure why you need me to revisit that when you refuse to acknowledge that Berrios averaged more yards per kick and punt return this season alone than Washington ever did in his career. Probably why he’s a first team All Pro special teamer. 

I don’t know what to tell you here. You picked a silly player to hate. There are very few NFL rosters he wouldn’t make. Special teams matter. A special teamer who doesn’t drop a pass on offense is pretty special. A WR who also contributes as a rusher is also valuable. I hope JD re-ups him for another five years. 

• Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, slats said:

You forgot a part again. It was the sentence right above it. Here I copy and pasted it for you to make it easy!

I like to think and debate about our line and other positions but drafting well is really the only way to get better. And for Joe D. part in all this he has been upgrading us, this last draft especially.

I can not wait till we no longer have these guys on the squad, they are god damn practice squad guys.  

lol The Meme defense. Nothing says I can't defend my position better than that.

You don't even know how to defend your own position.

Some people want to extend this guys or other like him. He is a scrub player. Sorry no offense but he is not a playing ball anywhere else

Braxton should be gone. Rant over. Also i hate Berrios.

8 minutes ago, slats said:

dkkdrzv6no3szmytlvy0.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You forgot a part again. It was the sentence right above it. Here I copy and pasted it for you to make it easy!

I like to think and debate about our line and other positions but drafting well is really the only way to get better. And for Joe D. part in all this he has been upgrading us, this last draft especially.

dkkdrzv6no3szmytlvy0.jpg

• Haha 1