Joe D and Robert Saleh season ending press conference 1/10

21 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

JD seems a little concerned . Watched gettleman get canned today 

6 wins in 2 years 

he raised that multiple times, no one else. Can you say insecure?

I feel a JD spending spree on the way

and I’m here for it 

Saleh on the radio kept talking about teams that needed 3 years.   Hopefully they don’t try to save all the money for another season. 

11 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

But that's quite exactly what he said today. Almost verbatim actually. "6 wins in 2 years isn't good enough, I have to do a better job" But I have said this 1000x and can't stress it enough. You can not undo a decade of bad management in a year. We were still eating dead cap on guys like Trumaine Johnson who haven't played a game for us in 3 years. Guys like Bell who did nothing for us. Bad drafts, Reaching on positions. Ignoring Oline, Edge leads to where we are now. Its gonna take time. I know nobody here wants to hear that but it's reality. 

honest curiosity...are we still paying Gase and Bowles?

lol Joe is half way through his contract and folks keep talking about this year as year one of the rebuild-fan boys want no accountability for their boy Joe D

The other fan boy mantra is you cant rebuild in one year-total nonsense-Parcells took a worse team to the AFC championship in year two and although he mixed in some vets the guys he brought in became core players for the team for many years.

Joe has tons of draft capital and lots of money-a sub 6 win season next year would be an epic failure at that point but his fanboys will say he needs another 3 years to let his draft develop.  There is zero evidence so far Joe is the answer as shown by his abysmal record in wins vs losses and the record of the team within the division.

If Joe builds a winner I will crown him and sing his praises loud and often but until then he is just another failed GM hired by our lousy ownership group. 

12 minutes ago, kmnj said:

lol Joe is half way through his contract and folks keep talking about this year as year one of the rebuild-fan boys want no accountability for their boy Joe D

The other fan boy mantra is you cant rebuild in one year-total nonsense-Parcells took a worse team to the AFC championship in year two and although he mixed in some vets the guys he brought in became core players for the team for many years.

Joe has tons of draft capital and lots of money-a sub 6 win season next year would be an epic failure at that point but his fanboys will say he needs another 3 years to let his draft develop.  There is zero evidence so far Joe is the answer as shown by his abysmal record in wins vs losses and the record of the team within the division.

If Joe builds a winner I will crown him and sing his praises loud and often but until then he is just another failed GM hired by our lousy ownership group. 

Yeah this is the offseason that will make or break Douglas. The Jets need to be in the hunt in December, or at least field a top 12 offense to keep things watchable. Resources need to be dumped into the offense more so than the defense if he wants to stick around. Bad defenses don’t get you fired, unwatchable offenses do.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, kmnj said:

The other fan boy mantra 

I find it particularly odd, that you find it seemingly repulsive that content contributors on a Jets site, with Jets in the name of the site, are fans of the team and some of the things they do and speak to the positive aspect of those moves.

Maybe it is not so odd after all.

55 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I find it particularly odd, that you find it seemingly repulsive that content contributors on a Jets site, with Jets in the name of the site, are fans of the team and some of the things they do and speak to the positive aspect of those moves.

Maybe it is not so odd after all.

I find it odd that fans are okay with terrible results year in and year out and the jets preach patience while they raise ticket prices on their loyal fans

19 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I believe Saleh and Douglas have been hinting at expectations for 2023 & 2024 since they Saleh.

Whether folks like it or not…this year was Ground Zero and next year is another potential babystep.

“The world we live in, everyone wants instant gratification and expects some of these young guys to come out and be All-Pros.’

This sentence sums up how management and ownership view the Jets fans. 11 years of terrible football don't matter to them and is considered wanting "instant gratification". What counts is that the fans or sheep as they see us, continue to pay for tickets, for gear and such and just shut up. Numbers do not lie, 2 wins, then four, and the worst defense in the History of the Jets is what Douglas has done. Some of you may choose to defend Douglas and to those, I say this. In the modern NFL fixing a team is much faster than it used to be when done right. The draft alone will NOT fix the Jets problems. A team needs to be the right mixture of veterans and youth. Douglas has failed. The 2020 draft is an unmitigated disaster and his free agency signings have been worse than his predecessors. That is NOT an improvement. Douglas is just out of touch with the fan base. Jim Harbaugh, please!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Westy has spoken.

Agree w/ Westy.  We are lucky to have Woody as an owner.  I know he hasnt been great but he finally put his ego aside and let the gm and coach do their jobs.

We are getting there Jet fans.  A little more patience and we will be in the most successful, long term success the franchise has ever had.

2023 will be the start.  We are close!

7 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

“The world we live in, everyone wants instant gratification and expects some of these young guys to come out and be All-Pros.’

This sentence sums up how management and ownership view the Jets fans. 11 years of terrible football don't matter to them and is considered wanting "instant gratification". What counts is that the fans or sheep as they see us, continue to pay for tickets, for gear and such and just shut up. Numbers do not lie, 2 wins, then four, and the worst offense in the History of the Jets is what Douglas has done. Some of you may choose to defend Douglas and to those, I say this. In the modern NFL fixing a team is much faster than it used to be when done right. The draft alone will NOT fix the Jets problems. A team needs to be the right mixture of veterans and youth. Douglas has failed. The 2020 draft is an unmitigated disaster and his free agency signings have been worse than his predecessors. That is NOT an improvement. Douglas is just out of touch with the fan base. Jim Harbaugh, please!!!!!

The balls to say instant gratification when he bombed the 2020 draft beyond comprehension.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, DonCorleone said:

This sentence sums up how management and ownership view the Jets fans. 11 years of terrible football don't matter to them and is considered wanting "instant gratification". What counts is that the fans or sheep as they see us, continue to pay for tickets, for gear and such and just shut up. Numbers do not lie, 2 wins, then four, and the worst defense in the History of the Jets is what Douglas has done. Some of you may choose to defend Douglas and to those, I say this. In the modern NFL fixing a team is much faster than it used to be when done right. The draft alone will NOT fix the Jets problems. A team needs to be the right mixture of veterans and youth. Douglas has failed. The 2020 draft is an unmitigated disaster and his free agency signings have been worse than his predecessors. That is NOT an improvement. Douglas is just out of touch with the fan base. Jim Harbaugh, please!!!!!

Exactly people like you don’t matter to them. Has he  been here for 11 years of no playoffs? No he hasn’t so why should it matter to him what the guys prior did. This team was a baron wasteland. It had a few decent starters and very little depth or young guys developing and a bum HC. . He knew this was going to be a process. Thank god you have no control over the team if you want someone like Harbaugh. 

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Agree w/ Westy.  We are lucky to have Woody as an owner.  I know he hasnt been great but he finally put his ego aside and let the gm and coach do their jobs.

We are getting there Jet fans.  A little more patience and we will be in the most successful, long term success the franchise has ever had.

2023 will be the start.  We are close!

mia farrow calendar GIF