It's Combine Week

section314

Just now, Beerfish said:

These times have so far....not been impressive. 

Yup.  But there have been some pretty wide swings between the unoffiial and official times this year.  Have to wait for the times to be official. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If the NFL wants to make this a televised spectacle, especially with three nights in primetime, you would think they would find a way to get more accurate timing right on the field.  They have been all over the place this year. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

If the NFL wants to make this a televised spectacle, especially with three nights in primetime, you would think they would find a way to get more accurate timing right on the field.  They have been all over the place this year. 

It almost feels like they were so egregious with the times of the WRs the one night, Twitter went crazy for it, now they are over correcting and being a bit slow.  I guess we will see when the official times come out.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It almost feels like they were so egregious with the times of the WRs the one night, Twitter went crazy for it, now they are over correcting and being a bit slow.  I guess we will see when the official times come out.

Seems that way.  I would think they have the technology to get it right much more quickly.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

Also, figure out the schedule so guys will actually do the drills. I know the combine was always pretty meaningless, but lots of guys are skipping shuttles, bench, etc. There has to be a way to stagger it like they did in the past and just do the 40's at night since that's what they think everyone watches. Then show some highlights from earlier in the day. Or do the drills the next morning. I don't know what the exact right approach is, but it's like a sixth grader came up with this schedule.

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I thought there was a sensor at the 40 yard mark that stopped the clock. Had no idea it was hand timed. Wow

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

I thought there was a sensor at the 40 yard mark that stopped the clock. Had no idea it was hand timed. Wow

It is both.  The unofficial times you see immediately on screen are hand times.  The electronic official times then come later. 

2 minutes ago, derp said:

I'm just going to keep telling myself that Hamilton feels like a Patriots style pick and Caserio does that kind of stuff.

I could honestly see the Lions or Texans taking him.

I’ll share my little secret that I’ve not wanted to share because it’s unpopular. I’d actually prefer him or Gardner at 4.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I’ll share my little secret that I’ve not wanted to share because it’s unpopular. I’d actually prefer him or Gardner at 4.

I'll be totally elated if the lions or texans take him.

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I am still navigating how I feel at four but I can’t get excited about Hamilton. I think his lack of ball production and how huge he is bother me.

In a passing first league I think a safety you take at four, or in the first round period, needs to be awesome at taking the ball away and/or tremendous at matching up in coverage from the slot. Hamilton doesn’t quite have the special first round type ball production in college and I think with his size he’s too high cut to cover a lot of slot receivers effectively - and that’s where he’ll be covering guys.

He’s a huge freak athlete with range and I’m sure he’ll cover tight ends well and produce in the run game, I just don’t quite think the unusual traits really match up with a lot of what I think is really important at the position. I think while you could look at Hamilton and put him at linebacker physically I’d prefer a safety who’s fast and fluid instead of fast and big.

But if I’m wrong about Hamilton it won’t be the first time. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Hamilton with 38” vertical.  Not here to argue the merits of taking him but he’s a flat out beast.   Hes an athletic freak and his on field backs it up.

An oline man jumped 33.5. at 325 lbs.  38 doesn’t blow me away tbh

• WTF? 1